Something to this Kid (Hunter Luepke)

_sturt_

Reaction score

That's better. (Thanks @NeonNinja .)

But/and, to be clear, my suggestion was that he's more likely than not at this point an IR listee... and that's going to be the case until that point that it's announced that he's 100%.

Remember, too, that the rules on IR don't necessarily dictate that the player won't play at all during the season... just not immediately.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Welp, it's actually past 6 months now, doc....

Pardon the observation, but there's no "shoulders take x-amount of time"... one has to understand more than just that the problem is "his shoulder." There is a more precise diagnosis, and I don't know what that is. Do you?

Now, maybe you're right that he should be ready for TC, but if so, pardon me again that I don't take internet posters' word for this kind of thing... not all, but far too many are so full of themselves as to presume they've divined conclusions that just aren't actually grounded in anything but the person's hopes and dreams. Thus, a source for your report that he should be ready for TC would be compelling and appreciated.
I never claimed to be a doctor and given you are not one either you have no leg to stand on. Take you assertions on others arrogance and try some introspection first.

In orthopedics there are most definitely prognosis for injury types and their surgical solutions. I went with the more severe varieties and their time frames.

Further, if he was injured in November than 6 moths puts him at April ie right around now where he would be finishing up rehab. IOW not during the entire draft process.

_sturt_

Reaction score
injury types
Perhaps, given your... *ahem*... humble approach here where you indicate correctly that neither of us claim to be a doctor yet only one of us... that would be you... apparently have a "leg to stand on"... then surely you can tell us then what precisely his "injury type" is... all the rest of us mere mortals only know that he has some kind of general injury to his shoulder. You then present to us some indication that you have some source for your information, but for whatever reason, declined to share with us your source. But I'm the arrogant one needing introspection. Got it.*

Further, if he was injured in November than 6 moths puts him at April
Correct. My source (see below) says he was injured in the 11/12 game vs. Southern Illinois.

LWR_Recording.png

Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr... it is May 1... so what was said previously is accurate. Luempke is now beyond six months since the injury.

Of course, we all hope for the best here. But circling back, to say "tap the brakes" is an entirely defensible suggestion at this point in time, at least until we know more. Or until you get back from Mt. Sinai. ;)

* (Snarky, yes. Arrogant, no. Part of intellectual humility is being able to be content with both what one does know as well as what one does not know.)

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
Either you didn't read the posts, or you cannot comprehend hyperbolic statements.
Post or posts? I replied to a post, not multiple posts. And I can comprehend anything that you’re trying to exaggerate.
But the point remains, why debate or question an argument that hasn’t been made? The “strawman” stuff is alive and well in several threads and it’s laughable. People come up with issues to argue but they have nobody to argue with because they came up with the opposing view all by them self. That’s the real “sugarplum”

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Post or posts? I replied to a post, not multiple posts. And I can comprehend anything that you’re trying to exaggerate.
But the point remains, why debate or question an argument that hasn’t been made? The “strawman” stuff is alive and well in several threads and it’s laughable. People come up with issues to argue but they have nobody to argue with because they came up with the opposing view all by them self. That’s the real “sugarplum”
Says the arguing party.