Something Weird about Yourself!

ESisback

Reaction score
I was a disco DJ for 4 years ever heard a hillbilly sounding disco DJ

I worked at 9 different stations, doing top 40, Country, Oldies, News/Talk, Classic Rock. I’ve been a Music Director, read news, wrote copy, did sales, and did over 500 weddings. Lotsa concerts...good times, but I’m still low rent

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I worked at 9 different stations, doing top 40, Country, Oldies, News/Talk, Classic Rock. I’ve been a Music Director, read news, wrote copy, did sales, and did over 500 weddings. Lotsa concerts...good times, but I’m still low rent
6 markets for me, doing AC, Country, Top 40, Oldies, Classic Hits, Classic Rock, New Rock and Sports. Country was the prevalent and most successful; however, my least favored music to have to listen to and that was it, I had to listen. Of the 25 years I spent running radio stations, 18 had a country station and usually the lead dog.

Since I retired, I only hear Country if I can't get away from it. Oddly, if I do want Country, I want the real thang, the stuff that sounds like cats screwing in a potato sack and I need a longneck but I don't go the boot route, they need to make flip flop boots for me. This new Nashville Country blows chunks.

Or I can do some Red Dirt, which is a combination of country, blues and is the new roadhouse music indigenous to OK and TX. Each state claims to have created it but it is OK. The Wormy Dog in Stillwater is where it was born with Mike McClure and the Great Divide.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a disco DJ for 4 years ever heard a hillbilly sounding disco DJ
You should have called yourself Ferlin Terrio. Denny Terrio was the Dick Clark Disco king for a short while because that lasted only a short while. And Ferlin Husky is my favorite country name although Slim Whitman is a good'un. Boxcar Willie ain't bad but that's made up, even a country woman wouldn't name a baby Boxcar.

Hey, I've got a boxed set of Zamfir does Metallica, if anyone is interested. This is what happens when you're drunk and decide to surf late night TV infomercials. Some people have a picture of Jesus hanging up in their living room. I have Ron Popiel.

ESisback

Reaction score
6 markets for me, doing AC, Country, Top 40, Oldies, Classic Hits, Classic Rock, New Rock and Sports. Country was the prevalent and most successful; however, my least favored music to have to listen to and that was it, I had to listen. Of the 25 years I spent running radio stations, 18 had a country station and usually the lead dog.

Since I retired, I only hear Country if I can't get away from it. Oddly, if I do want Country, I want the real thang, the stuff that sounds like cats screwing in a potato sack and I need a longneck but I don't go the boot route, they need to make flip flop boots for me. This new Nashville Country blows chunks.

Or I can do some Red Dirt, which is a combination of country, blues and is the new roadhouse music indigenous to OK and TX. Each state claims to have created it but it is OK. The Wormy Dog in Stillwater is where it was born with Mike McClure and the Great Divide.
New Country DOES blow chunks. A failed pop band throws on Shirts with pearl buttons and throws in a dog and some twang and DANG...we’re suddenly HANK Williams!

ESisback

Reaction score
You should have called yourself Ferlin Terrio. Denny Terrio was the Dick Clark Disco king for a short while because that lasted only a short while. And Ferlin Husky is my favorite country name although Slim Whitman is a good'un. Boxcar Willie ain't bad but that's made up, even a country woman wouldn't name a baby Boxcar.

Hey, I've got a boxed set of Zamfir does Metallica, if anyone is interested. This is what happens when you're drunk and decide to surf late night TV infomercials. Some people have a picture of Jesus hanging up in their living room. I have Ron Popiel.

I’ve supported Pocket Fisherman for decades!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Started to go by Dirk Grumbuck but figgert folks would think I made it up

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The wifey makes fun of me because I like the taste of tea better after it's been sitting for 1-2 days. To me it gains flavor.

I’m a picky eater. At my age it’s still embarrassing in public at times. As a kid it was really bad. Couldn’t stay over at other kids houses cause couldn’t embarrass myself and expect their mothers to cook especially for me.

I was sent home with a teachers note in 2nd grade for not eating everything on my plate. My father tried to break me sending me to bed early if I didn’t eat everything on my plate . My mother would sneak something into eat after Dad went to bed. Back then it was dark and lonely in a bedroom with no tv or stereos. I don’t recall how many years that went on. I think his parents finally caught wind of it and told him of other kids in family who had picky traits. From that point on he just kid me about it instead of punishing. Unfortunately it begun a rebellious trait with me and my father that continued through my youth.

I was limited dating in high school and going out in fear of being embarrassed. I didn’t even eat pizza until well into high school only picking pepperoni off the top and eating crust. After my incident at school my mother made me lunch the rest of my years until I could eat out some in high school. I ate my burgers plain with mustard only and my tacos with meat only. Fried chicken or steak( meats) was main thing I wasn’t picky about.

My mother begun preparing meals to cater to my needs which she’d receive criticism from my father and often would prepare me something separately if knew I wouldn’t eat what she prepared for family.

My father always said I wasn’t hungry enough like he was growing up during depression working on a dairy farm. Onions and tomatoes are two big no no’s. My brother and sister would eat anything. They also later said they didn’t want to bear the battles I had with my father. I still wont drink milk, not crazy about cheeses, pastas , all Mexican dishes except tacos, basically anything ethnic is a potential no go for me .

I do love fins and feathers( fish and any bird)fortunately which is now good for my heart healthy diet and fruit. I basically grew up eating meat , potatoes, eggs, vegetables and fruit. And chocolate which I’m also picky about as I don’t like nuts in them. I’m even picky about the ice cream I like and potatoes chips. There’s really no end to my pickiness. It’s the weirdest thing about me.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m a picky eater. At my age it’s still embarrassing in public at times. As a kid it was really bad. Couldn’t stay over at other kids houses cause couldn’t embarrass myself and expect their mothers to cook especially for me.

I was sent home with a teachers note in 2nd grade for not eating everything on my plate. My father tried to break me sending me to bed early if I didn’t eat everything on my plate . My mother would sneak something into eat after Dad went to bed. Back then it was dark and lonely in a bedroom with no tv or stereos. I don’t recall how many years that went on. I think his parents finally caught wind of it and told him of other kids in family who had picky traits. From that point on he just kid me about it instead of punishing. Unfortunately it begun a rebellious trait with me and my father that continued through my youth.

I was limited dating in high school and going out in fear of being embarrassed. I didn’t even eat pizza until well into high school only picking pepperoni off the top and eating crust. After my incident at school my mother made me lunch the rest of my years until I could eat out some in high school. I ate my burgers plain with mustard only and my tacos with meat only. Fried chicken or steak( meats) was main thing I wasn’t picky about.

My mother begun preparing meals to cater to my needs which she’d receive criticism from my father and often would prepare me something separately if knew I wouldn’t eat what she prepared for family.

My father always said I wasn’t hungry enough like he was growing up during depression working on a dairy farm. Onions and tomatoes are two big no no’s. My brother and sister would eat anything. They also later said they didn’t want to bear the battles I had with my father. I still wont drink milk, not crazy about cheeses, pastas , all Mexican dishes except tacos, basically anything ethnic is a potential no go for me .

I do love fins and feathers( fish and any bird)fortunately which is now good for my heart healthy diet and fruit. I basically grew up eating meat , potatoes, eggs, vegetables and fruit. And chocolate which I’m also picky about as I don’t like nuts in them. I’m even picky about the ice cream I like and potatoes chips. There’s really no end to my pickiness. It’s the weirdest thing about me.

We’re all weird in own way!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

YA CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YA DON'T EAT YER MEAT!!!!!!!!!!

ESisback

Reaction score
Where does the ointment go im pickey about where I put ointment

Remember the “Enhancement Creme” they used to sell in the backs of magazines? Made everything larger? Wonder why it didn’t give you giant fingers.

They could have sent packets of mayo...