News: Sometimes it's the moves that you don't make

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

cowboyec

Reaction score
or the players you don't pass on in the draft.
'20...ou wr ceedee lamb.
'21...penn st lb micah parsons.

if garrett were here in '20...i think he pushes for k'lavon chaisson over ceedee lamb.
you know what he'd say..."we like our guys".

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Lol.

This is the same drivel as “leader of men.” Probably the same group, too.

Talent wins out. I don’t care if Demarcus Ware was seen as more quiet. I’d gladly take another one of him in the draft.

Accumulate talent. Let the coaches figure out the personalities. “Dawg or no dawg” like that actually matters nearly as much as talent.
I didnt say it mattered as much as talent. You need both. You dont have a super bowl winner without dawg on defense.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So are we going to act like Adams wouldn’t help this defense lol? I think what most of us didn’t like was the compensation. I did not know it would take two 1sts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If I'm the Seahawks I may move on from Carroll. He's been trading away picks left and right and the team has gotten worse. Trading Wilson would bring a lot of draft capital to rebuild the team under a newer, younger coach.

No one likes the R word but that team isn't competing for anything as it stands now.
Who was responsible for finding all those guys in the draft? It’s like their drafting sort of died down some.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I remember when a lot of fans were campaigning for the Cowboys to trade for Jamal Adams. The Seahawks ultimately did, giving up two 1st round picks-plus for him. They've since had to make him the league's highest-paid safety, and both he and their entire defense are now a mess.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-pete-carroll-says-not-to-blame-any-one-guy/

Sometimes, it's as much about what you don't do as what you do.
Our GM has been kicking *** with his draft picks...............Thanks JJ!

luckyman76

Reaction score
He’s going to Philly, they have 3 first round picks (Dolphins, Colts, and their own) that are all currently in the top 10 of this years draft, and he fits exactly what they look for in a QB.

True but he is going to sell out for NYG. I look at Philthy, NYG or J, and Dolphins to salivate. Atlanta could also be a player depending on how much they can remove Ryan from their cap. Skids could sell out. NOLA may have some play. You have Wilson and Watson out there with maybe a weak draft class so it will get extra spicy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Adams was exposed again in this game. He is a liability in coverage. I said it before and I will say it again. DUDE IS A BOX SAFETY.LB hybrid. Not a guy you want starting in coverage. When we didnt get him I was relieved.I luv the safety group we have.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If I'm the Seahawks I may move on from Carroll. He's been trading away picks left and right and the team has gotten worse. Trading Wilson would bring a lot of draft capital to rebuild the team under a newer, younger coach.

No one likes the R word but that team isn't competing for anything as it stands now.
watch out for Kellen Moore being the HC in Seattle in 2022. I agree on Carrol. The only way they Keep Wilson is if More is the new HC. Just my take.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Seahawks GM is Jerry circa 2000. Still trying to live off of the Super Bowl years while having horrible drafts, making bad trades, etc. If you look at their drafts in the past 5 years, they are one of the worst in the league.
They really are. The misses are pretty amazing. Including 1st round picks that never played a down for them.

Agreed here. Absolutely terrible drafting. i.e. Rashaad Penny in the first round? Ouch!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ll say it again. Give me a team of football players and I will win a championship. You can keep the prima donna high price free agents

bewp7

Reaction score
even if he was play great it still would not be worth it because he is just a safety

if u go all in with 1st round pics and then biggest contract for positon in history it better be a edge rush, DT, or CB or u will regert it. 99.9%

mack...ramsey...that is ok

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Exactly, with that division, rebuild while the other teams exhaust their windows.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
watch out for Kellen Moore being the HC in Seattle in 2022. I agree on Carrol. The only way they Keep Wilson is if More is the new HC. Just my take.

I think, if Moore leaves (which I don't want), Chicago makes more sense since he can be big in developing Fields. Chicago is more likely to be a contender IF they can develop Fields. I think Shaw from Stanford would be a better choice for Seattle. His strength is defence, and that needs fixing in Seattle.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The irony behind it is. The people here who wanted Adams and ridiculed Jerry for not getting him, would be the exact same people hating on Jerry now for making the trade.
Nope..

Wrong.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn’t go to Washington or Philadelphia.
or GB for Rodgers is another possibility. Rodgers is a CA boy but he might be willing to play in Seattle with Metcalf and Lockett and might bring Davante Adams with him if Seattle can afford it.