Sopranos - Article page 18

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1524770 said:
Gandolphini has said he won't play Tony again

Money talks, if the right deal is put together I cant see how he wouldnt be involved. Sounds more like contract negotiations than anything to me.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
theebs;1524772 said:
I think the concentration on AJ was to show ultimately the family is greedy and materilistic. He whined and whined and in the end he gets a posh job, a new beamer and throws all his new found values under the table because that is what his family taught him, to be greedy and materilistic and selfish.

That is the way I took it, life goes on, meadow is still battling the fact that she thinks the feds are giving her dad a hard time because he is italian, instead of the fact that he is a dispicable criminal, then having her tell tony that he inspired her to be a lawyer is a real kick in the pants.

I loved the show, it showed how tony always ends up on top in good shape with some sort of impending doom always on the horizon, carmella continues at all times to be greedy and materialistic, as shown by the look on her face when hunter tells her she is in med school! She was so mad that she was achieving more than meadow. Then it seems as if meadow is pregnant or could be, leading her to possibly be just like carmella in the future, like tony said pop out of few kids etc....

life goes on, doom could be around the corner but in their world everything is fine and materialistic things take precedent. Tony will have new guys around him another member has flipped. In the end its the same ol same ol.

The scene with junior leads me to believe that tony has learned that the whole thing is a big nothing, junior never learned that but Tony sees that it is who he is and he has to keep going.

anyway, I loved it. People will talk about this for years, had it ended with him getting shot in the head it would have been boring and predictable.

Nice post you make some good points.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Doomsday;1524807 said:
Me too he was the most annoying character on the show and one of the least mentioned the last 8 years. Now suddenly he becomes a focal point of the last season? Very dissappointing!

He was the character that I cared the least about throughout the whole show....well until he hooked up with Blanca. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1524818 said:
He was the character that I cared the least about throughout the whole show....well until he hooked up with Blanca. :D

Same here...to add to the other post. It is possible they were using him to hit a younger audience or maybe even hit a nerve with some parents that have similar kids since the whole emo kids scene is big now.

Of course another thing about the series ender is Chase is known for not tying up loose ends throughout the series.

In the episode the Pine barrens where the Russian gets away we had to wait two seasons later for them to even mention that thing and even then it was only a sentence about it.

That type of thing seemed to happen a great deal in the series where they had a story but never really followed up on it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I actually liked the ending.

We all expected Tony to get hit and you could see that he was expecting it as well. He'd won the battle but would spend the rest of his life -- however, long that would be -- in fear.

There are tons of cliched ways to end mob stories. Chase found a different angle. Good for him. I hate seeing to same crap recycled over and over again.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
It appears that I am in the definite minority, but I thought last night's episode was excellent. I loved that they didn't sell out for some apocolyptic ending, because that is never what the show has been about. The finale was packed full of the symbolism that has made this the best show on TV over the last 8 years.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
eman721;1524852 said:
It appears that I am in the definite minority, but I thought last night's episode was excellent. I loved that they didn't sell out for some apocolyptic ending, because that is never what the show has been about. The finale was packed full of the symbolism that has made this the best show on TV over the last 8 years.

I thought it was a great episode but it would have been nice to have some closure.

That is one of the reasons I like The Wire so much. The last episode of the season they always do a wrap up of sorts.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone watch John from Cincy after the Sopranos?

I may give it a few more episodes but if it continues like it is now it is going to wind up being a one and done season.

Was not impressed with it. Just really odd. But I will give it a chance.

There were other shows I watched an episode of, did not like and did not watch others for years. Only to find out later that those shows turned out great.

One being Seinfeld.

Now Entourage is coming to an end for this season and I look forward to ST's Weeds and more interested in Dexter starting up soon hopefully. Although I have not seen the adverts for either show yet.

The other shows HBO have been promoting do not seem like they would be any good. The one with the two musicians seems like it will be really bad.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1524877 said:

I may give it a few more episodes but if it continues like it is now it is going to wind up being a one and done season.

There were other shows I watched an episode of, did not like and did not watch others for years. Only to find out later that those shows turned out great.

One being Seinfeld.

I turned it off after about 10 mins.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1524877 said:

One being Seinfeld.

Now Entourage is coming to an end for this season and I look forward to ST's Weeds and more interested in Dexter starting up soon hopefully. Although I have not seen the adverts for either show yet.

The other shows HBO have been promoting do not seem like they would be any good. The one with the two musicians seems like it will be really bad.

Entourage is returning in the fall I believe so it won't have the usual long wait.

I'm still waiting to find out when they will show the final Deadwood movies.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1524878 said:
I turned it off after about 10 mins.

I thought about it...but I thought nah...I will give it a chance. Now if it were not for nothing new being on right now I probably would have turned it.:laugh2:

But I think this is the guy that did deadwood so I will give it a shot.

There were a couple of funny scenes in it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1524884 said:
Entourage is returning in the fall I believe so it won't have the usual long wait.

I'm still waiting to find out when they will show the final Deadwood movies.

Really? Good. I kind of wish those were hour long episodes but maybe they would lose something by doing that.

Have you heard anything about Weeds or Dexter? Not HBO I know but just wondering if you heard anything about them.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1524887 said:
Really? Good. I kind of wish those were hour long episodes but maybe they would lose something by doing that.

Have you heard anything about Weeds or Dexter? Not HBO I know but just wondering if you heard anything about them.

The only Showtime series I have really watched was The Tudors. I watched on episode of Dexter and didn't really care about it one way or the other.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1524887 said:

Loved Dexter! It got good reviews from what I saw, so it should be back. I wasn't keen on the actress playing his sister, though.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faerluna;1524928 said:
Loved Dexter! It got good reviews from what I saw, so it should be back. I wasn't keen on the actress playing his sister, though.

Same here...she was terrible.

I was bored yesterday and was watching the series again and still she was bugging me.:laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1524914 said:
The only Showtime series I have really watched was The Tudors. I watched on episode of Dexter and didn't really care about it one way or the other.

I watched the first 3-4 episodes of the tudors and lost interest.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1524941 said:
I watched the first 3-4 episodes of the tudors and lost interest.

I pretty did the same thing. If it wasn't for them playing the new episode twice I wouldn't have even watched it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1524953 said:
I pretty did the same thing. If it wasn't for them playing the new episode twice I wouldn't have even watched it.

I might catch up on them when I get bored. That is the great thing about on demand.

That was why I was watching the dexter shows yesterday evening, passing time until the Sopranos came on.

Plus I like the on demand channels for series I may have missed, just watch one after the other. I think I watched the first full season and most, if not all, of the second season of entourage like that.

OH...has anyone heard anything about when the Deadwood Movie will be out?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1524957 said:
I might catch up on them when I get bored. That is the great thing about on demand.

That was why I was watching the dexter shows yesterday evening, passing time until the Sopranos came on.

Plus I like the on demand channels for series I may have missed, just watch one after the other. I think I watched the first full season and most, if not all, of the second season of entourage like that.

OH...has anyone heard anything about when the Deadwood Movie will be out?

I think it will two movies iirc.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1524877 said:

One being Seinfeld.

I watched that all the way through. Kinda of lame but I want to give it a shot since HBO is usually pretty solid series-wise.

Weeds is great. I live in an area famous for its, umm, product, and many of the women here have embraced Nancy as a role model. Unfortunately, none of them are anywhere as good looking.