I'm sure they won't let us down.

" The Wire " is just an awesome show.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1524655 said:
Yea, that sucks.

I'm sure they won't let us down.

" The Wire " is just an awesome show.

I agree it just gets better each season even though a couple of my favorite characters were killed last season.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1524657 said:
I agree it just gets better each season even though a couple of my favorite characters were killed last season.

Marlo is definitely my favorite character.

I'm sure he either gets killed or arrested next season.

I think the legal problems with Chris and Snoop will be the cause of either one of those scenarios.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Aside from Phil getting got, it was pretty mediocre overall. The whole cat thing showed some typical Paulie. The FBI guy was funny, rooting for Tony and crew. Also odd to see Sil's hair all dishevled.

Regarding The Wire, it's all about Omar!

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
I dont know which was worse: the series finale of the Sopranos or the series pilot of John From Cincinnati.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
In the first episode of this season, when Tony and Bobby are in the boat together, Tony speculates that when it's finally your time, everything just goes "blank." I don't remember the exact quote, but it was words to that effect.

I guess that would suggest that Tony got it in the end and everything just went blank.

Passepartout

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1524701 said:
I dont know which was worse: the series finale of the Sopranos or the series pilot of John From Cincinnati.

Don't know which one to pick either!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
goliadmike;1524627 said:
I feel used... all that waiting for that crap ending!!!:bang2::banghead::abuseme::angry:

Actually, I thought this show was brilliant... they kept building the suspense, making you SURE something was about to happen, but it never did (except for Phil getting whacked, which pretty much had to happen)...

Admit it, the last thing ANY of us expected was a happy ending, with the family all together... and yet, the family wasn't QUITE all together, Meadow had not yet arrived when the film cut out... so there was left open this possibility of impending doom, be it the court case coming up, or the guy coming out of the men's room shooting...

Totally unexpected, but in a way, it makes sense; the Sopranos never were a morality play, wherein good triumphs in the end... in real life, whining brats like AJ do get the breaks, and wind up happy again, even if they don't deserve it... Tony killed people, he caused people to be killed (including his own friends), and in the end, he's sitting in a diner chowin' down on onion rings with his family, (almost) everything right in his world...

Crime does pay, after all... we THINK...

calico

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1524701 said:

And to think that they cancelled DEADWOOD for JFC...I appreciate what Chase was trying to show us in the finale of the Sopranos...that Tony would always be on the look out, even at a casual dinner in a cheap restaurant, but it is not the finale that a show like this deserved.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Faerluna;1524694 said:
Aside from Phil getting got, it was pretty mediocre overall. The whole cat thing showed some typical Paulie. The FBI guy was funny, rooting for Tony and crew. Also odd to see Sil's hair all dishevled.

Regarding The Wire, it's all about Omar!

Indeed :D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Other than Phil getting what he deserved, the rest of that show was crap.

Horrible way to end this once great series.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I agree completely with the follwoing assessment. Basically, one can make whatever ending they want.

silverbear;1524713 said:
Actually, I thought this show was brilliant... they kept building the suspense, making you SURE something was about to happen, but it never did (except for Phil getting whacked, which pretty much had to happen)...

Admit it, the last thing ANY of us expected was a happy ending, with the family all together... and yet, the family wasn't QUITE all together, Meadow had not yet arrived when the film cut out... so there was left open this possibility of impending doom, be it the court case coming up, or the guy coming out of the men's room shooting...

Totally unexpected, but in a way, it makes sense; the Sopranos never were a morality play, wherein good triumphs in the end... in real life, whining brats like AJ do get the breaks, and wind up happy again, even if they don't deserve it... Tony killed people, he caused people to be killed (including his own friends), and in the end, he's sitting in a diner chowin' down on onion rings with his family, (almost) everything right in his world...

Crime does pay, after all... we THINK...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Again, I didn't watch the show over the nine years but did see the finale....good point I heard on the radio this morning...

Someone "got" to Chase and strongly suggested that he leave the door open because he's sitting on a potential pot of gold for the future if Tony stays alive.

That's what I thought when I saw the way it ended.

The other thing was that half the show was about the son...and not for nuthin'....who cares?

But then again...I was anything but a loyal follower of the show.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I loved it.

Much like Bobbys murder the anticipation for the final scene at holsteins was incredible. Nothing came of it, but that is how this show and David chase goes.

This show has always been about symbolism, there were plenty in this show, animals especially this episode had the cat.

Its the life goes on ending many thought wouldnt happen because we are trained to watch mob movies end in death or arrest.

Again I loved it. It was an incredible way to end the best show ever on tv. I miss this show already. I cant wait to hear from david chase and the characters about that ending. If he will ever clear it up or just leave it to us, shot, arrested or same ol same ol.

and if there is ever a movie they have already said it would be set in the past and all the characters would be there, so its not like a movie would pick up from that scene in the diner. James Gandolphini said he will never play the character again, ever and the set and all its stuff have been torn down and removed for good from silvercup studios.

It sucks that the best show on TV is over.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Imo the show was average at best. What really P me off was half of the show was about Anthony Soprano. I thought the show should have focused more on the beef with the families.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked the Cat and Paulie scenes. Paulie was alway my favorite character, not just for the comedy but because he was interesting. He can be a mean guy one minute and a paranoid scared little kid at another point.

Tony finally comes to terms with Junior and I think he now realizes that Junior did not shoot tony to try and take him out or out of meanness, but that Junior really is no longer junior. His mind has gone. Maybe it is just me, but I doubt it, Junior was the closest character to any characters in the GodFather movies. He just reminded me so much of Fredo.

Janice of course is Janice and I kind of wished she was in the train store with bobby when he go shot so she would have been killed as well. The idea of her wanting to keep those kids was scary and she saw that look on Tony's face and retorts with she is not her mother. I think she may be more of her mother than Tony.

Phil's demise. WOW. The shot was one thing but the other was just WOW. The funny stuff by the bystanders with one yelling out and the other losing his lunch. Phil not only gets killed but he loses FACE. No open casket funeral. Total disgrace for the guy like being ran over like the bug he is.

AJ/Meadow. Honestly they were a complete waste of time this season. I guess they had to find some kind of angle to work them into the shows but really a waste. Up and down with AJ. In the past it was the idea that he was like his father in some ways with the passing out and such but he was the opposite of Tony in many ways. But as I said it was a whole waste of time having him with such a big part of the show this season. Would have much rather seen more of that time spent elsewhere. At least with meadow you get to see some eyecandy.:D

Tony. Funny how they are in the office talking with AJs shrink and Tony starts going back into therapy mode and starts talking about Himself.

The FBI guy. So Tony saves some info to use in trade. The FBI always was kind of a friend to Tony. I think they liked each other in some ways. Funny how the FBI guy is similar to tony when it shows him sleeping with another woman and also the idea at the end when he yells out YES they are going to win before realizing he should keep his mouth shut.

The ending.

I guess one could argue that Chase was being different and letting a person determine on their own what happened. Let their imagination flow.

So many possibilities. Maybe Meadow comes in and they have a nice meal. Tony's probably going to go to trial. Previously meadow says the reason she wanted to be a lawyer was to help Italian-Americans and because she seen how her father had been hauled away at times. So if Tony lives they have the trial coming up.

I think they were making it pretty obvious, or at least lead the audience into a direction, that the guy at the bar and heading to the bathroom was a hitman.

So he could be coming out of the bathroom, so he could be behind tony, when meadow is coming in. Tony starts to look up and see meadow when the screen goes black. This COULD mean that the guy shot tony in the back of the head as he was looking up and everything goes black. As Someone mentioned earlier they made a reference to this when Tony and Bobby were talking a few shows ago.

Here is something that does not make too much sense if that was what happened. Tony and Phils guys get together. They come to an understanding that whatever happens to Phil is up to tony. In other words they give their ok to have Phil whacked and I think they would be happy that phil would be gone. I think they believe Phil was going off the deep end, I think they believe phil was going to get them killed and I also think they knew with phil out of the picture that would mean more money for them.

So I am not sure who would put out the hit on Tony, a MADE GUY.

Now although though it has been said that IF there would be a soprano movie later it would be something that happened at middle of the series so they could have all of the major characters back.

Some have said Gandolfini said he would never do tony again. But Time has a way of changing peoples minds down the road. You may feel one way now but a year or two later you may think otherwise.

I do think that if they make a move down the road, chase will add in some lines or symbols in it to let us know more about the ending.

All in All I was disappointed with the way it ended. I think I understand what chase was going for. Word is also that they shot multiple endings and even the actors where not sure which one would be used. Word is they were shocked as well at the ending.

It is just that we had a terrible season last season. This one was really turning back into the sopranos of old. We had such a big build up, things were getting built up in this episode. How many thought someone was going to hit meadows car when she kept backing up or get hit while she was going across the street? Just so much build up to what was going to happen and to just end it like that felt to cheap for the long time fans IMO.

Oh it is what it is. I will not let one episode and one season (last season) ruin what was one of the best series over a long haul. Really was a great show.

One last thing of note...this shortened season I don't recall the "dream sequence". Seems like almost all of the other seasons had at least one episode with a dream sequence in it.

So long Sopranos. I know I will still break out the DVDs from the first few seasons and watch them on occasion and when I do I will always be amazed at how much Gandolfini packed on the weight.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gandolphini has said he won't play Tony again........what if they have already shot a movie? :D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1524755 said:
Imo the show was average at best. What really P me off was half of the show was about Anthony Soprano. I thought the show should have focused more on the beef with the families.

I think the concentration on AJ was to show ultimately the family is greedy and materilistic. He whined and whined and in the end he gets a posh job, a new beamer and throws all his new found values under the table because that is what his family taught him, to be greedy and materilistic and selfish.

That is the way I took it, life goes on, meadow is still battling the fact that she thinks the feds are giving her dad a hard time because he is italian, instead of the fact that he is a dispicable criminal, then having her tell tony that he inspired her to be a lawyer is a real kick in the pants.

I loved the show, it showed how tony always ends up on top in good shape with some sort of impending doom always on the horizon, carmella continues at all times to be greedy and materialistic, as shown by the look on her face when hunter tells her she is in med school! She was so mad that she was achieving more than meadow. Then it seems as if meadow is pregnant or could be, leading her to possibly be just like carmella in the future, like tony said pop out of few kids etc....

life goes on, doom could be around the corner but in their world everything is fine and materialistic things take precedent. Tony will have new guys around him another member has flipped. In the end its the same ol same ol.

The scene with junior leads me to believe that tony has learned that the whole thing is a big nothing, junior never learned that but Tony sees that it is who he is and he has to keep going.

anyway, I loved it. People will talk about this for years, had it ended with him getting shot in the head it would have been boring and predictable.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1524755 said:

Me too he was the most annoying character on the show and one of the least mentioned the last 8 years. Now suddenly he becomes a focal point of the last season? Very dissappointing!