Sopranos - Article page 18

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
It might be Paulie that saves Tony's skin.

Consider the time they were away together, and how Paulie got on Tony's nerves, the whole scene on the boat. High tensions. Tony may now find Paulie is the one person he can count on with Bobby and Sil out of the picture.

I see Paulie taking care of some business in the last episode.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I posted this a couple of weeks ago. Bobby and Silvio got whacked -- my prediction for part 2 stands. Tony testifies, gets the family in protection, AND gets hit.

But here's another prediction -- something happens close to the family to spark this - it might just be a simple "we know where Carmela is hiding out" deal that puts Tony over the edge.

Who whacks Tony?

I'm going with ........ Paulie.

abersonc;1504885 said:
Here's my take.

An all-out NJ/NY war is too obvious. For a series that has prided itself on unexpected storylines, that would be standard and lame.

If Tony takes down the NY guys it won't be because they go to war -- there is a reason he's been keeping close to those FBI guys. My guess here is that Tony sings like a canary AND gets whacked.

This likely will follow a few key killings. If Silvio and maybe Bobby get killed then there isn't a hell of a lot keeping Tony tied to the NJ crowd. Maybe his sister gets hit too.

Tony becomes a rat. It is an act of suicide but one that gets his family a new life.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Faerluna;1519006 said:
It might be Paulie that saves Tony's skin.

Consider the time they were away together, and how Paulie got on Tony's nerves, the whole scene on the boat. High tensions. Tony may now find Paulie is the one person he can count on with Bobby and Sil out of the picture.

I see Paulie taking care of some business in the last episode.

I got that sense too.

What a riot that scene was when Paulie is with Tony at his house... perfect Paulie cluelessness when it came to AJ...

"Look at the stems on Blondie... he's riding high." Meanwhile in reality, AJ's a whimpering wreck who can barely get out of bed... let alone have fun with Blondie.

But yeah, far from Paulie selling out Tony, I see him as being the last guy by his side.

jem88

Reaction score
I just watched the most recent episode last night. The last four episodes have been excellent, up there with the quality from the first two seasons. It was profoundly sad seeing the Sopranos vacate their house, the one place that seemed to be a safe haven, despite all the bickering that took place there. The Baccala shooting was very well done and Tony throwing around AJ was pretty funny. Finally, the Melfi rejection was also very sad.

I know we've had our share of complaints over the last few seasons, but the TV world will be a much emptier place after this Sunday (it doesn't seem right referring to The Sopranos as TV, but anyways...)

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
So what's everyones prediction for tonight?

I really have no clue, except Phil getting whacked.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1524402 said:
So what's everyones prediction for tonight?

I really have no clue, except Phil getting whacked.

I think Paulie whacks Tony as a favor to Phil. Paulie hasn't been on edge with Tony since that day on the boat.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony and Paulie whack Phil.

Tony Steps down due to his family and gives Paulie the head gig as the NJ Boss while Carmine finally steps up and takes the Boss job for NY.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1524421 said:
Tony and Paulie whack Phil.

Tony Steps down due to his family and gives Paulie the head gig as the NJ Boss while Carmine finally steps up and takes the Boss job for NY.

Yeaaa, but when do they get off the island, better yet, who gets custody of the polar bear?!?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Talk about leaving you hanging! Seems like the rumors of a movie must be true.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I have only watch 3-4 shows in all the years its been on.

I watched tonight.

Ya know, it's like plunking down 50 bucks for a pay per view championship fight and having it end in a draw.

calico

Reaction score
LoL, I am still laughing about it.

My family were all taking bets the last 5 mins on what would happen and during that whole build up, I said "Watch David Chase leave us hanging here"...and then the screen went to black. I am not surprised since Chase loves to go against convention and the story was tied up...phil dead and Tony learning of his coming indictment

I thought my dad was going to have a heart attack he was soo damn pissed...

I don't think there will be a movie in the end because Chase said any movie would jump back to the middle of the show with all the stable characters alive...it would not continue the plot.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
calico;1524637 said:
LoL, I am still laughing about it.

My family were all taking bets the last 5 mins on what would happen and during that whole build up, I said "Watch David Chase leave us hanging here"...and then the screen went to black.

I thought my dad was going to have a heart attack he was soo damn pissed...

I don't think there will be a movie in the end because Chase said any movie would jump back to the middle of the show with all the stable characters alive...it would not continue the plot.

Also Gandolphini (sp?) has said no to a movie and that he's done with Tony Soprano.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyfan4life_mark;1524630 said:
I actually got mad because I thought that my cable went out. :eek:

Ha! I thought that too for a second. Kind of a disappointing ending. Leaves everything open, even down to the "don't stop believin" song playing.

It's a total set to make people start talking about it not being over. I give it a weeek before various uninformed people start saying there will be a Sopranos movie coming out.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Boooo Sopranos finale...

HOORAY beer!

With a couple of brief exceptions, these last two seasons have been very disappointing.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
O well....Sopranos was awesome though.

Atleast my favorite show is coming out with a new season......." The Wire "

I also enjoy watching " Entourage ".

I'm sure HBO has a whole new lineup of addicting shows to watch.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1524650 said:
O well....Sopranos was awesome though.

Atleast my favorite show is coming out with a new season......." The Wire "

I also enjoy watching " Entourage ".

I'm sure HBO has a whole new lineup of addicting shows to watch.

The next season is the last season for The Wire. :(

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Also tonights episode had some funny parts in it.

Phil's death and the reaction of the witnesses was pretty funny.

Also when the one FBI agent walked in and told the other agent of Phil's death, him smiling and saying " they're gonna win it " was hilarious ( or that's what I thought he said )