Sopranos Thread

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I just caught the final episode and I was wondering... now that Johnny Sac is going away for a long time along with those closely affiliated with him, does that mean Tony didn't have to kill his cousin? He could just as easily whack the guy who had the problem with him and not worry about the consequences because of the disarray the bosses must be in now.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
I just caught the final episode and I was wondering... now that Johnny Sac is going away for a long time along with those closely affiliated with him, does that mean Tony didn't have to kill his cousin? He could just as easily whack the guy who had the problem with him and not worry about the consequences because of the disarray the bosses must be in now.

Maybe but Tony just did not know...and in the end I think he also realized he had to do it to gain the respect of his own men.

Also just because Johnny and Crew are going on trial...does not mean they do not have time to try and set up some things in the mean time.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Danny White said:
OK, I looked this up.
It's supposedly good luck to rub a hunchback's hump.

Ues, it's a century old superstition, and is considered partially responsible for the genesis of sports mascots.

100 years before Rowdy, baseball teams employed bat boys with a pronounced physical disability. It was flt rubbing the misformed limb before coming to bat would give you good luck. The person was typically a hunchback or a dwarf.

I've read Connie Mack, owner of the old Philadelphia Athletics, was particularly superstitious in this regard. He employed a dwarf for many years who rated higher with him then his players. Gave him a lot of credit for an early 20th cent championship. When it became "politically incorrect" to haul around disabled folks and expose them to the ridicule of rival fans, and players, the switch began to cartoon/animal character mascots, especially those who reflected a team's name.

There's a sports writer from Brooklyn who has worked chiefly out of Canada, named Allen Abel who has done a lot of beautiful baseball history, and has mentioned the practice.