Sorry Cowboy Fans, this going to be a loooong season

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
This team needs help...at a lot of positions. Because the coaches aren't really putting together a winning scheme, the Cowboys require elite-level talent everywhere and that's kinda difficult when you only get one first rounder every year.

plymkr

Reaction score
I thought Dak did better than be a bus driver. I wasn't discouraged with him at all. He didn't drop all those passes and drop 2 TD's. If those 2 TD's are caught then he looks like a playmaker and not a bus driver. Dak can only get it there. But with our receivers they expect a perfect pass every time.

Romo is the only chance we have this season. Dak is a warm feeling for the future and he's going to be huge but this year and next year is still #9's team and we won't win because the defense is horrible and we didn't upgrade it. This is going to be a long season. If we are winless when Romo is healthy I say keep him on the bench and let Dak play it out. Or if we're like 1-7 or 2-6 then no sense in bringing romo in to this mess.

I think we beat cleveland and that's the only one I'm confident about. Next week we'll likely lose cuz Norman will shut down Dez one on one and then they'll bring a safety up to stop the run. Of coarse we won't adjust and keep ramming it into the 8 and 9 man fronts and maybe a couple Witten screen passes to make sure we lose yardage. Then rely on our defense to keep it close and put our rookie QB in a hard situation at the end of the game.

Not trying to be negative but Washington matches up well against us. Norman can take Bryant completely out of the game so even his 1 catch for 8 yards probably won't happen. They'll stuff the run and wait for Dak to beat them with our other receivers. Our defense won't get to Cousins and he'll pick apart our secondary. It is going to be a long season.

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm not giving Zeke ANY excuse.

I watched Todd Gurley rip up defense on a team much worse than ours last year. It's the easiest positions to transition too.

I'm not overreacting.. I'm just saying it needs to get better. I give the Giants credit for his struggles but he needs to start producing right now.

Todd Gurley wouldn't have ran through this..

Sorry link doesn't work in browser.

wileedog

Reaction score
He had like 15 yards his first game in the NFL...
On 6 carries coming off knee surgery with no TC at all (and it was 9 in the interest of accuracy).

Then next game he had 146 against the Cardinals on 19 carries.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
i dont blame him for today the giants sold out to stop the run and it worked.

I am a little concerned it looks like zeke has no second gear. Didnt get the feeling he would run away from anyone today and he allowed the safety to tackle him one on one when he got his only clear shot outside.

We'll see.. It was onLy the first game so he gets a pass but he has to be special.

The guy had the best stretch of games I've ever seen in college football.. Carried his team to a championship like a warrior. I believe in him but I'm not going to give him excuses. We need production from that spot.

superonyx

Reaction score
Ive said in every statement that I give the Giants credit but he has to be better. He has to be special.

Watch the video and tell me that even special would have made a difference.
No amount of special would have stopped what he ran into today.

wileedog

Reaction score
And 9 yards rushing... Your point?
My point was Elliot was not coming off surgery, and while limited some in camp, did in fact at least have some experience including the pre season game in Seattle. That goes without saying that Gurley didn't even have a Dak level QB and obviously nothing close to our O-Line.

He has been touted as the next AP. His first 20 carries are not encouraging. That's my point.

Ender

Reaction score
My point was Elliot was not coming off surgery, and while limited some in camp, did in fact at least have some experience including the pre season game in Seattle. That goes without saying that he had not even a Dak level QB and certainly nothing close to our O-Line.

He has been touted as the next AP. His first 20 carries are not encouraging. That's my point.

So you have no point considering your comparing one player after 2 games to one player after one game. All that other stuff is nonsense...

wileedog

Reaction score
Watch the video and tell me that even special would have made a difference.
No amount of special would have stopped what he ran into today.
And yet Morris seemed to have double the amount of special.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I kept reading all off season how Elliott was going to be breaking Dickerson's rushing record ect ect ect.
You know what ? Morris looked better than Elliott today and it was not even close.

Dak looked like a bus driver QB. Not going to get you beat, but not going to make the big play either.

I do not know what has happened to Dez, maybe he is just an average wideout with Romo ?

Romo has covered up the flaws on this team for years, but now without Romo I am afraid we are looking at another high draft pick.

I don't know why we did not sign any decent defensive free agents this year.

This defense plays with a lot of heart but is devoid of talent and playmakers.

I think this front office is insane not signing any decent FA defenders. They spent 18 million on a guy who doesn't even start.

superonyx

Reaction score
And yet Morris seemed to have double the amount of special.
You can push an agenda by using stats but watch the video of all of Zekes runs today and tell me which runs he missed holes that Alfred Morris would have hit.

Watch the runs and watch what he ran into and tell me Morris would have been the difference.
I like Morris.. but I cant pretend we blocked for Zeke at all today. It was bad.

wileedog

Reaction score
So you have no point considering your comparing one player after 2 games to one player after one game. All that other stuff is nonsense...
I'm not declaring Zeke a bust or anything by any stretch after one game.

All I'm saying is I was told Zeke was some sort of generational totally worth a #4 pick. I don't care what the Giants did or didn't throw at him today, he didn't remotely look it, and the 27 year old 6th round pick was twice as efficient as he was.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I was not impressed with Zeke at all.

He can't be normal... Not at pick 4.. He has to be a special player and he has to be a special player RIGHT NOW.

I've watched later round RBs play at a hi level all day today. We need defense desperately and we took the easiest position in football to replace and used a top 5 pick.

Imagine if it was Joseph Randle who had Zeke's game today... You guys would trash him.
No rookie on any team has to be special right now.

wileedog

Reaction score
You can push an agenda by using stats but watch the video of all of Zekes runs today and tell me which runs he missed holes that Alfred Morris would have hit.

Watch the runs and watch what he ran into and tell me Morris would have been the difference.
I like Morris.. but I cant pretend we blocked for Zeke at all today. It was bad.
So the Oline only blocked for Morris' 7 carries? Do they have something against Zeke or something?

Ender

Reaction score
I'm not declaring Zeke a bust or anything by any stretch after one game.

All I'm saying is I was told Zeke was some sort of generational totally worth a #4 pick. I don't care what the Giants did or didn't throw at him today, he didn't remotely look it, and the 27 year old 6th round pick was twice as efficient as he was.

Nah, you don't have a point. It's ridiculous to even comment on how someone's career will unfold after 1 game. Especially said players first game in the NFL.