Sorry Cowboy Fans, this going to be a loooong season

wileedog

Reaction score
Nah, you don't have a point. It's ridiculous to even comment on how someone's career will unfold after 1 game. Especially said players first game in the NFL.
What part of "I'm not declaring Zeke a bust or anything by any stretch after one game." is beyond your understanding?

Gameover

Reaction score
I kept reading all off season how Elliott was going to be breaking Dickerson's rushing record ect ect ect.
You know what ? Morris looked better than Elliott today and it was not even close.

Dak looked like a bus driver QB. Not going to get you beat, but not going to make the big play either.

I do not know what has happened to Dez, maybe he is just an average wideout with Romo ?

Romo has covered up the flaws on this team for years, but now without Romo I am afraid we are looking at another high draft pick.

I don't know why we did not sign any decent defensive free agents this year.

This defense plays with a lot of heart but is devoid of talent and playmakers.
Pats receivers are doing fine without Brady.

Ender

Reaction score
What part of "I'm not declaring Zeke a bust or anything by any stretch after one game." is beyond your understanding?

Which part of it being ridiculous to comment about a players career prospects after said players first game is beyond yours?

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Dez has to be paired with another play making receiver to loosen up his coverage. Our targets need to be DE, WR, RT and CB, LB, S in the next FA/Draft. (Not necessarily in that order) He clearly isn't being schemed to utilize his strengths.

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm not declaring Zeke a bust or anything by any stretch after one game.

All I'm saying is I was told Zeke was some sort of generational totally worth a #4 pick. I don't care what the Giants did or didn't throw at him today, he didn't remotely look it, and the 27 year old 6th round pick was twice as efficient as he was.

This says all I need to know to realize you just wont get it.
You just basically said.... "I don't care about the truth, I will think whatever my first impression was and will reject the truth since it challenges my closed impression".

Carry on...

wileedog

Reaction score
Which part of it being ridiculous to comment about a players career prospects after said players first game is beyond yours?
Where did I do that? I said Zeke looked terrible today. Personally I think people are trying to make some sort of excuse that magically Morris had massive holes to run through with the same Oline against the same defense that Zeke didn't.

I'm not happy with Zeke's performance today given his position and draft position. Neither should you be. Hopefully he is better against Washington next week, but Morris need more carries if he is not.

Craig

Reaction score
I could hear the wind rushing by while reading that first post. Must have been a jumper.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It's one game against an offense that we generally have a hard time with. We held them to 20 points. Our coaches really blew it after we took the lead in the third quarter and abandoned the run and put everything into Dak's hands. Pure stupidity.

I feel pretty confident we will be 2-2 after four games. We will see what happens after that.

wileedog

Reaction score
This says all I need to know to realize you just wont get it..

If you pick a RB at #4 he better be able to beat 8 man fronts and run blitzes at least occasionally. He did neither today save the one TD run.

That's today, lets see what happens next week.

Ender

Reaction score
Where did I do that? I said Zeke looked terrible today. Personally I think people are trying to make some sort of excuse that magically Morris had massive holes to run through with the same Oline against the same defense that Zeke didn't.

I'm not happy with Zeke's performance today given his position and draft position. Neither should you be. Hopefully he is better against Washington next week, but Morris need more carries if he is not.

No you said Zeke looked bad, he won't be special like Todd Gurly.

wileedog

Reaction score
No you said Zeke looked bad, he won't be special like Todd Gurly.
I said Gurley has looked fantastic even when opposing defenses have sold out to stop him.

In ONE game so far, the defense sold out to stop Zeke, and he did not look fantastic at all. Lets see what happens when Washington does it.

Ender

Reaction score
I said Gurley has looked fantastic even when opposing defenses have sold out to stop him.

In ONE game so far, the defense sold out to stop Zeke, and he did not look fantastic at all. Lets see what happens when Washington does it.

Except........he didn't after his first game...

superonyx

Reaction score
If you pick a RB at #4 he better be able to beat 8 man fronts and run blitzes at least occasionally. He did neither today save the one TD run.

That's today, lets see what happens next week.

Ive said it before and I will say it again.
Watch the video of all of his carries. Watch that and tell me anyone would have done any better on those carries. No one would have done anything better on those carries.
Adrian Peterson is a generational talent and look at what he did today.
I noticed how Zeke had no where to run today while watching the game. I didn't realize how bad it really was until I watch the video replay. After watching each carry I realize no human no matter how good and where you are drafted would have done anything better. Emmitt Smith wouldn't have done any better today.

He may end up being a bust....But todays game should not be used to evaluate him.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I kept reading all off season how Elliott was going to be breaking Dickerson's rushing record ect ect ect.
You know what ? Morris looked better than Elliott today and it was not even close.

Dak looked like a bus driver QB. Not going to get you beat, but not going to make the big play either.

I do not know what has happened to Dez, maybe he is just an average wideout with Romo ?

Romo has covered up the flaws on this team for years, but now without Romo I am afraid we are looking at another high draft pick.

I don't know why we did not sign any decent defensive free agents this year.

This defense plays with a lot of heart but is devoid of talent and playmakers.

I stopped reading when you said Dak was a bus driver. :facepalm:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It was a division game haha. They sold out to stop Zeke and our coaches couldn't get plays to open recievers up. When Dak threw to them they were dropping those passes. Making them pay for stacking the box would have loosen them up

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

It's hard to judge after one game, but Morris looked much better with the same line and same defense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think saying Prescott looked like a bus driver is a bit tough. He made some big time throws in big moments and had teammates not capitalize. I don't blame Prescott for that.
Prescott had the TD with Dez and would have won the game..

but Dez dropped like always seems to do anymore.

The defense is thin but they had us in the game.

It's going to be tough this year but we need DAK to play for our future.

We need a top 2 pick next year so losing is only going to help us.

Losing also increases the chance Garrett gets fired.

It's time to dump the Princeton Experiment.