Sorry Cowboy Fans, this going to be a loooong season

Ender

Reaction score
Coming off ACL surgery and no TC. Are you really going to be this pedantic?

The fact that he played well his second game makes that argument ridiculous. Clearly he was healthy.

Let's say Zeke has 100+ 2 TD game next week, then your argument falls apart because it's predicated on Zekes week 1 vs Gurly week 2.

None of it matters because both players could be trash in 3 years.

wileedog

Reaction score
I
He may end up being a bust....But todays game should not be used to evaluate him.

Again, to be clear, I am evaluating this game not his career.

Whatever the blocking was or wasn't, it is hard to argue that Morris didn't do more with the same Oline against the same defense than he did.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
I kept reading all off season how Elliott was going to be breaking Dickerson's rushing record ect ect ect.
You know what ? Morris looked better than Elliott today and it was not even close.

Dak looked like a bus driver QB. Not going to get you beat, but not going to make the big play either.

I do not know what has happened to Dez, maybe he is just an average wideout with Romo ?

Romo has covered up the flaws on this team for years, but now without Romo I am afraid we are looking at another high draft pick.

I don't know why we did not sign any decent defensive free agents this year.

This defense plays with a lot of heart but is devoid of talent and playmakers.

It was one game lol you realize the season is 16 games right? Breathe....

JDSmith

Reaction score
Prescott had the TD with Dez and would have won the game..

but Dez dropped like always seems to do anymore.

The defense is thin but they had us in the game.

It's going to be tough this year but we need DAK to play for our future.

We need a top 2 pick next year so losing is only going to help us.

Losing also increases the chance Garrett gets fired.

It's time to dump the Princeton Experiment.

Well you must have been thrilled with the outcome today, since losing is going to help us with our draft pick. Just think how much it would have sucked if Dez didn't drop the ball.

wileedog

Reaction score
The fact that he played well his second game makes that argument ridiculous. Clearly he was healthy.

And maybe tentative playing for the first time on a surgically repaired knee for the first week, and never having seen any NFL level game time action whatsoever.

Let's say Zeke has 100+ 2 TD game next week, then your argument falls apart because it's predicated on Zekes week 1 vs Gurly week 2.
If Washington stacks the box and Zeke hits those numbers that I will happily take that all back. But equating Gurley's first week vs. Zeke's is also not comparing apples and apples.

superonyx

Reaction score
Again, to be clear, I am evaluating this game not his career.

Whatever the blocking was or wasn't, it is hard to argue that Morris didn't do more with the same Oline against the same defense than he did.
You cant say "whatever the blocking was or wasn't". There is nothing more important when comparing running backs than the blocking.
Morris did alright today. Would he have maintained the same average if he would have taken all of Zeke's carries?
Based on my observation from watching all of Zeke's carries about 5 times I can say that Morris wouldn't have done anything better than Zeke did if he had the carries Zeke had.
Maybe the Giants expected Zeke more on his carries? Whatever the reason Zeke had no blocking and no where to run and that is more important that just looking at a stat line of 2 guys while refusing to actually watch the carries.

wileedog

Reaction score
You cant say "whatever the blocking was or wasn't". There is nothing more important when comparing running backs than the blocking.
Morris did alright today. Would he have maintained the same average if he would have taken all of Zeke's carries?
Based on my observation from watching all of Zeke's carries about 5 times I can say that Morris wouldn't have done anything better than Zeke did if he had the carries Zeke had.
Maybe the Giants expected Zeke more on his carries? Whatever the reason Zeke had no blocking and no where to run and that is more important that just looking at a stat line of 2 guys while refusing to actually watch the carries.
Ok sure. He just got unlucky 19 out of 20 times tonight.

But opposing DCs are watching the same plays you are tonight and a lot more times. If the Giants can stop him so easily so can everyone else.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well you must have been thrilled with the outcome today, since losing is going to help us with our draft pick. Just think how much it would have sucked if Dez didn't drop the ball.
Never thrilled with a loss,bro.

But reality has to start to set in.

2014 was an aberration.

Who we are is a team that doesn't win and always finds an excuse to lose.

8-8 seasons are who we are or worst now.

It's not that hard to see. Jerrah is lost in his construction projects and promoting his stadium as the Eighth Wonder of the World.

Football is no longer a priority.

It ain't me..it's what is.

superonyx

Reaction score
Ok sure. He just got unlucky 19 out of 20 times tonight.

But opposing DCs are watching the same plays you are tonight and a lot more times. If the Giants can stop him so easily so can everyone else.
So which carries did you see where Zeke left these yards on the field?
I guess you actually watched the video of all of his carries I posted. Just give the time stamps of the carries you saw that really stood out.

And yes DC can stop Zeke or Morris or anyone if they scheme the way the Giants did and we fail to make them pay by gashing them downfield or with some playactions and misdirection plays. If you want a RB who can beat any defense then you better pick up a copy of TechmoBowl and use Bo Jackson.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kept reading all off season how Elliott was going to be breaking Dickerson's rushing record ect ect ect.
You know what ? Morris looked better than Elliott today and it was not even close.

Dak looked like a bus driver QB. Not going to get you beat, but not going to make the big play either.

I do not know what has happened to Dez, maybe he is just an average wideout with Romo ?

Romo has covered up the flaws on this team for years, but now without Romo I am afraid we are looking at another high draft pick.

How could you have been reading all off season about Zeke and Dickersons record, when that just came out within the past week?

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I think this season will be better than last. Last year I was disinterested at times. I think this team will definitely be better but not championship quality.

The hope is that the running game gets going in the future because they won't win without it

JDSmith

Reaction score

2014 was an aberration.

It's not that hard to see. Jerrah is lost in his construction projects and promoting his stadium as the Eighth Wonder of the World.

Putting Dak out there all season and losing games for a high draft pick won't fix it.

I'd rather let Dak learn from the bench, win as many games as possible and try to make the playoffs. Then roll the dice.

superonyx

Reaction score

2014 was an aberration.

2014 was great but we didn't exactly beat everyone convincingly. Romo won many games in 2014 in the 4th qtr.
The reality of the NFL is every team in almost every game is 1 score from winning or losing. Every team is capable of being either worst or first.
This is parity in the NFL. Even last year as bad as we were we lost a few games on the last possession on the game with Weeden or Cassell.

Reaction score

With Dak and all the young guys on defense playing it's going to be a developmental season. I fully expect the team to improve as the season progresses and maybe even make the playoffs.,,, and if they don't I can live with that provided we identify a few keepers and give Dak some much needed experience. If that had been Romo out there we would have stomped the Giants.

wileedog

Reaction score
So which carries did you see where Zeke left these yards on the field?.

I just didn't see any burst, vision, patience... well anything.

I'm happy to chalk it up to first game nerves, let's see how he does next week. But there was nothing in that game tonight that signaled he was a special player.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Putting Dak out there all season and losing games for a high draft pick won't fix it.

I'd rather let Dak learn from the bench, win as many games as possible and try to make the playoffs. Then roll the dice.
Not sure what you mean..

Do you want Sanchez out there.?

Romo is gone.

If we are going to lose I'd rather have DAK getting snaps to get him ready for next year.

Romo is not going to save us.

That ship has sailed.

We desparately need a DL next year to have a pass rush.

That's my hope.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
2014 was great but we didn't exactly beat everyone convincingly. Romo won many games in 2014 in the 4th qtr.
The reality of the NFL is every team in almost every game is 1 score from winning or losing. Every team is capable of being either worst or first.
This is parity in the NFL. Even last year as bad as we were we lost a few games on the last possession on the game with Weeden or Cassell.
Gotcha.

It's just gotten old after 20 years of excuses.

Thanx for your comment..understood.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just didn't see any burst, vision, patience... well anything.

I'm happy to chalk it up to first game nerves, let's see how he does next week. But there was nothing in that game tonight that signaled he was a special player.

Exactly you have no point and you have nothing to backup your points. I don't see this i don't see that blah blah non substance. Those plays he got there was nowhere to go

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been saying this for a awhile now while people like @Jstopper mocked me. Without Romo we're nothing. Wiith him, we're a 1st roundd exit max. We'll never be a serious super bowl contender with this defense. Don't care how good the offense is and how dominating the run game is.

It was 1 damn game zordon. That our qb played well in. Defense wasn't horrible either. I will continue to mock because it's nowhere near as bad as you're saying