Sorry Dak

River82

Reaction score
Your entire quote

""Goff didn't make throws to bring his team back in the game. I think you'll find it was Gurley and his running which did the job"

I already pointed out how "RAC" isn't a valid argument. Goff still made the throw. LOL

Oh, well that's entirely different isn't it? In my first sentence, the first part of the sentence leads to the second it says that Goff's throwing didn't bring his team back in it. It doesn't mean "he didn't make any throws" it means "those throws weren't responsible for the comeback".

And I stand by that. He made the throw to Gurley, sure, but it was Gurley who did the majority of the work on that play. It's like crediting the QB for a short screen pass behind the LOS where the RB and blockers are the reason the play goes anywhere down the field.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look he is nice player. He is athletic. He makes plays out of the pocket etc but this guy is just brutal in the pocket. He does not scare any defense in this league. Not one. He has zero acuracy. Im telling u in 5 years he will be backing up domeone on anotjer team. Be very worried people. I know bash me and say im a hater. Blah blah. But ill say it again. I had to listen to oeolle here tell me he is a top 5 QB and better than Brady. Im sorry He can not throw the ball in a conventional offense. Jerry i pronise u is sick to his stomach. I know kill me and do what u always do all the time. This team will be lucky to win 8 games.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Oh, well that's entirely different isn't it? In my first sentence, the first part of the sentence leads to the second it says that Goff's throwing didn't bring his team back in it. It doesn't mean "he didn't make any throws" it means "those throws weren't responsible for the comeback".

And I stand by that. He made the throw to Gurley, sure, but it was Gurley who did the majority of the work on that play. It's like crediting the QB for a short screen pass behind the LOS where the RB and blockers are the reason the play goes anywhere down the field.

No, it's not...

You stated Goff didn't make the throw, and then go on to bring up a TD that came from a pass thrown by Goff...

Either Goff made the throw that led to a TD or he didn't. And i have already addressed the "RAC" argument - this doesn't cancel out Goff making the read, the throw - I don't know what weird football you have been watching, but a QB making a read to a player that can take it to the house still counts as them making the throw for the TD.

I would love to know when it does count? Does RAC completely take a TD credit away from a QB, does the air time and where the receiver catches it only count towards a QB for you? It's just a ridiculous argument...

Unless, as I said, someone else was in Goff's uniform on that TD pass.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Dak PFF grade: 80.6

Games won last year when his grade wasn't that good:
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
@sf
@gb

This defense might be are downfall

Look at what the Cards are doing today

What the Broncos offense has done since

Stop bring PFF into this. Some folks have an agenda and it’s obvious. When Dak played great last year or anything positive he’s done this year, you get .....crickets.....from that crowd. They still have a boner for Romo. D gives up over 30, it will still be Dak’s fault to them.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, I don't. You went invisible, or your post count went down by a factor of 10. Mainly after the logical people on this board schooled you again and again with real stats after you attempted to troll every single Dak and Wentz post.

Nice try. I see you're back at it. Maybe try going to a different forum?

I was here every single week of last season, including the playoffs. I think the only time I was around much was in July, I was on vacation.

Either way, you stated I don't post here after a win. I made a thread...after a win, where you posted in it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look he is nice player. He is athletic. He makes plays out of the pocket etc but this guy is just brutal in the pocket. He does not scare any defense in this league. Not one. He has zero acuracy. Im telling u in 5 years he will be backing up domeone on anotjer team. Be very worried people. I know bash me and say im a hater. Blah blah. But ill say it again. I had to listen to oeolle here tell me he is a top 5 QB and better than Brady. Im sorry He can not throw the ball in a conventional offense. Jerry i pronise u is sick to his stomach. I know kill me and do what u always do all the time. This team will be lucky to win 8 games.

The reason Dak had low INT numbers last season is because he errors on the side of receivers away from defenders. That results in lower accuracy because he is not aiming at the receivers numbers on most throws.

The low throw that went threw the hands of Dez was intentionally low to avoid the defender. It should be an easy catch for an NFL WR.

Dak throws some balls away.

River82

Reaction score
You stated Goff didn't make the throw

Once again a strawman. Nowhere did I say "he didn't make the throw"

Either Goff made the throw that led to a TD or he didn't.

His throw wasn't the cause of the TD but I have never argued he didn't make the throw.

this doesn't cancel out Goff making the read, the throw - I don't know what weird football you have been watching, but a QB making a read to a player that can take it to the house still counts as them making the throw for the TD.

Gurley doing what he did to take it to the house trumps Goff making the read in that situation. On 4th down Dak checks down to Zeke who is stopped 1 yard short of the first down. His read in that situation was Zeke had one man to beat, if he could beat that man it could get a big gain. If he had beat his man and made a big gain down the field it would have been on Zeke not "Dak's awesome read".

I would love to know when it does count? Does RAC completely take a TD credit away from a QB, does the air time and where the receiver catches it only count towards a QB for you? It's just a ridiculous argument...

Unless, as I said, someone else was in Goff's uniform on that TD pass.

When you said Goff brought his team back, it implies that Goff was the primary reason for his team coming back. This is because Goff, the subject of the sentence, is the only person in your sentence doing the action, so he's either the only person doing the action or the most important.

So it's not about whether a QB's throw counts for anything, it's about whether it was the most important action, and in this instance Gurley's run down the field trumps Goff's read of the situation. Gurley is the man primarily responsible for that TD.

It was Gurley who brought his team back.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Yeah we lost. I'm not jumping off the Dak or Cowboys bandwagon.
I'm pretty sure there will be more losses in our future but it only makes the victories that much sweeter.
I checked the standings and we are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yet so....hang in there fans

Go Cowboys! :flagwave:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Once again a strawman. Nowhere did I say "he didn't make the throw"

His throw wasn't the cause of the TD but I have never argued he didn't make the throw.

Gurley doing what he did to take it to the house trumps Goff making the read in that situation. On 4th down Dak checks down to Zeke who is stopped 1 yard short of the first down. His read in that situation was Zeke had one man to beat, if he could beat that man it could get a big gain. If he had beat his man and made a big gain down the field it would have been on Zeke not "Dak's awesome read".

When you said Goff brought his team back, it implies that Goff was the primary reason for his team coming back. This is because Goff, the subject of the sentence, is the only person in your sentence doing the action, so he's either the only person doing the action or the most important.

So it's not about whether a QB's throw counts for anything, it's about whether it was the most important action, and in this instance Gurley's run down the field trumps Goff's read of the situation. Gurley is the man primarily responsible for that TD.

It was Gurley who brought his team back.

I am not going to continue quoting you. You specifically said Goff didn't make the throws, you then tried turning it into "Well, what I meant" - Which I have addressed already.

"His throw wasn't the cause of the TD"

Wouldn't be a TD if he didn't make the throw, genius.

The rest is babble - you said he didn't make the throws to lead them back, but he did. All you are trying to do is put it ALL on Gurley. Goff made the throw, he made the right read, and it went for a TD. Your argument about "well, RAC" is absolute utter bollocks.

He made the throw and you have, reluctantly, admitted to it. Stop wanting to go in a circle. Give Goff the credit, he freakin' made the play.

Until you do that, the discussion is over. The very least you could have done is said you could have made your point clearer, since the way it was worded, was poor at best.

Goff specifically made the throw that got his team the lead. There is not "implied" here, Goff is the only one who made that throw. No other QB did. Whatever work Gurley did after just makes him part of the reason why they took the lead. So Goff and Gurley were reasons the Rams took the lead, thus Goff was the QB that got his team the lead and eventual victory.

Drop mic and all that ****, explosions in the background with white doves. RIP River82

River82

Reaction score
I am not going to continue quoting you. You specifically said Goff didn't make the throws,

It's such a pity my quoted statement is different from your paraphrasing of my quoted statement. And it's good that you're going to stop strawmanning, I applaud you.

Wouldn't be a TD if he didn't make the throw, genius.

Once again I have never said otherwise. I have continuously stated the throw wasn't the most important part of that play, because funnily enough it wouldn't be a TD if Gurley doesn't make the run either.

the rest is babble

Funnily enough what you've been doing for 4 pages now.

you said he didn't make the throws to lead them back, but he did.

He didn't make throws to lead them back. Gurley made some nice runs to lead them back.

All you are trying to do is put it ALL on Gurley.

I have never stated that Gurley was the sole man responsible, just the most important.

Goff made the throw, he made the right read, and it went for a TD.

Alas he wasn't the primary cause of that TD.

Give Goff the credit, he freakin' made the play.

I have said above that both Dak and Goff played fine. If you think Goff was the reason the Rams won though, you're delusional. Gurley tore up.

Goff specifically made the throw that got his team the lead.

And Gurley made the run which got his team the lead. And the run was more important than the throw.

So Goff and Gurley were reasons the Rams took the lead, thus Goff was the QB that got his team the lead and eventual victory.

This is different to what you originally posted, and unlike you I can quote your original post and it will align exactly with my arguments.

Stop littering!

sbark

Reaction score
Cooper Rush era about to begin. :lmao: You guys need to give you head a shake. Dak will be fine.
that issue will come to a head in what...2 more years when Daks contract is up........120 million??????.....or will Cooper be considered by then?..........

probably still need defense players...........big trade?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I'm gonna drop this as an exclamation mark and exit this thread. Today:

One QB was 21/36 for 255 yards wth two scores.

The other QB was 20/36 for 252 yards and 3 scores, with a dropped TD and a dropped 3rd down conversion.

The second of these two QBs is getting called out, while the first is getting praised.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Out.

Smoke this -

One of those QBs was bad in the 2nd half and came up small when his team needed it while the other led a roaring comeback

Look: Dak might be "fine", but that's all he will probably ever be. If you go this route, you can't afford many mistakes on defense.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
that issue will come to a head in what...2 more years when Daks contract is up........120 million??????.....or will Cooper be considered by then?..........

probably still need defense players...........big trade?

Considered for what? To piss and groan the fanbase.

erod

Reaction score
Legit question.

Is Dak the best pro quarterback in Texas?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Smoke this -

One of those QBs was bad in the 2nd half and came up small when his team needed it while the other led a roaring comeback

Look: Dak might be "fine", but that's all he will probably ever be. If you go this route, you can't afford many mistakes on defense.

One of those QBs was playing a defense that sat back and watched things unfold in front of them, th said other attacked and forced the action. One of those QBs had a wide open drop on third down on a would-be go ahead drive.

Look, these things don't happen in a vacuum and people around here want Dak to play like 10-year veteran Romo. That's irrational and ridiculous. He's going through the same growing pains almost every other second year QB.

Let me guess, you jumped off the Romo wagon during his second year too? If not, then suck it up cupcake, cause this is almost exactly the same.

Labeling what Dak will be, at this point in his very young career, makes you and everyone else doing it, look absolutely clueless