Sorry Dak

River82

Reaction score
That's not strawmanning, you specifically said that.

"Goff didn't make throws to bring his team back in the game."

LOL

You're misquoting me, arguing that misquote, and that's a strawman. Congratulations, yet another one.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What Goff did or didn't do is irrelevant to what Dak did or didn't do.

Both QB's played well enough to win today. But Goff got to play against our vaunted bend but don't break defense that breaks more than it bends while Dak played an aggressive defense that didn't play scared and kept applying pressure.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Point out where I said he "didn't make throws". I said he didn't make throws "down the field" because "down the field" implies long throws. But keep strawmanning.

Goff made a short pass to Gurley who did the rest.

I ALREADY DID! Haha

LOL Then who made the throw to Gurley? Who was in his uniform?

> Goff didn't make the throws
> Goff made the throw to Gurley
> Goff didn't make the throw

.....holy hell.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're misquoting me, arguing that misquote, and that's a strawman. Congratulations, yet another one.

I copy and pasted exactly what you said.

You're not being strawmanned. Did Goff make the throw to Gurley or not?

River82

Reaction score
I ALREADY DID! Haha

LOL Then who made the throw to Gurley? Who was in his uniform?

> Goff made the throw to Gurley
> Goff didn't make the throw

.....holy hell.

No you didn't.

Once again you're putting forth a strawman argument because you're incapable of arguing what's there. Goff made a short pass to Gurley who did the rest. Gurley brought the Rams back. Goff was a passenger

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No you didn't.

Once again you're putting forth a strawman argument because you're incapable of arguing what's there. Goff made a short pass to Gurley who did the rest. Gurley brought the Rams back. Goff was a passenger

Do you know what a strawman even is?

You specifically stated Goff didn't make the throws, while acknowledging he made the throw to Gurley that put them ahead in the game. It's either he didn't make the throw or he did. If Goff didn't, WHO did?

River82

Reaction score
I copy and pasted exactly what you said.

You're not being strawmanned. Did Goff make the throw to Gurley or not?

No you didn't. If I said it, then you'd have no problem QUOTING my post instead of paraphrasing.

You're paraphrasing incorrectly and arguing that incorrect paraphrasing and that's a strawman.

Goff made a short throw to Gurley and Gurley, like the champion he is, took it in for a TD. I have never had a problem admitting that. I then go on to say that Gurley brought his team back, not Goff.

River82

Reaction score
Do you know what a strawman even is?

You specifically stated Goff didn't make the throws, while acknowledging he made the throw to Gurley that put them ahead in the game. It's either he didn't make the throw or he did. If Goff didn't, WHO did?

I know what a strawman is, as should you considering you're making enough of them.

I never said Goff "never made throws" and if you believe I did then point out the post I said it in

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No you didn't. If I said it, then you'd have no problem QUOTING my post instead of paraphrasing.

You're paraphrasing incorrectly and arguing that incorrect paraphrasing and that's a strawman.

Goff made a short throw to Gurley and Gurley, like the champion he is, took it in for a TD. I have never had a problem admitting that. I then go on to say that Gurley brought his team back, not Goff.

It was the exact quote. You can't say Goff made the throw to take the lead, and then state he didn't make the throws. You're now going through mental gymnastics to defend your position.

Why not just say you need to word what you posted better?

LOL Now it's this

> He did, but it's a short throw so it doesn't count

Newsflash: He made the read, he threw the ball, Gurley scored. In your fantasy land, a QB doesn't get credit for it. In reality, it's on both the receiver and QB. Goff made the throw that put them ahead.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I know what a strawman is, as should you considering you're making enough of them.

I never said Goff "never made throws" and if you believe I did then point out the post I said it in

YOU SAID THAT

That is directly from you. That is a sentence by the way. You then stating "Well Gurley scored" is not a valid argument, Goff still made the dang throw, dude. He still made that read, it was the correct read, thus leading to a freakin' TD.

My goodness haha

River82

Reaction score
It was the exact quote. You can't say Goff made the throw to take the lead, and then state he didn't make the throws. You're now going through mental gymnastics to defend your position.

Why not just say you need to word what you posted better?

LOL Now it's this

> He did, but it's a short throw so it doesn't count

Newsflash: He made the read, he threw the ball, Gurley scored. In your fantasy land, a QB doesn't get credit for it. In reality, it's on both the receiver and QB. Goff made the throw that put them ahead.

If it was the "exact quote" then you'd have no problem finding that "exact quote" and quoting it, rather than paraphrasing. Alas you can't find it because I never said it.

There's no mental gymnastics involved, I'll flat out say it - you're lying and your argument is based on a lie. What mental gymnastics are these?

I never said Goff didn't make throws, Gurley did an excellent job catching that short pass and running it in for a TD. I agree, what a stud Gurley is, definitely the leader of the Rams offense

River82

Reaction score
YOU SAID THAT

That is directly from you. That is a sentence by the way. You then stating "Well Gurley scored" is not a valid argument, Goff still made the dang throw, dude. He still made that read, it was the correct read, thus leading to a freakin' TD.

My goodness haha

And if I actually said that then you'd have no problems finding the post I said it in and quoting it. But you can't.

Your argument is based on a strawman and is worthless

Gameover

Reaction score
Dak PFF grade: 80.6

Games won last year when his grade wasn't that good:
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
@sf
@gb

This defense might be are downfall

Look at what the Cards are doing today

What the Broncos offense has done since

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If it was the "exact quote" then you'd have no problem finding that "exact quote" and quoting it, rather than paraphrasing. Alas you can't find it because I never said it.

There's no mental gymnastics involved, I'll flat out say it - you're lying and your argument is based on a lie. What mental gymnastics are these?

I never said Goff didn't make throws, Gurley did an excellent job catching that short pass and running it in for a TD. I agree, what a stud Gurley is, definitely the leader of the Rams offense

It's a copy and paste AHAHAHAHA

Why not just admit what your argument really is? Goff obviously made the throw, but you think due to RAC, that throw doesn't count...

I mean, it's still a stupid argument, but outright saying you never posted that is ridiculous. This is what happens when you back yourself into a corner with crap excuses for your QB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your entire quote

""Goff didn't make throws to bring his team back in the game. I think you'll find it was Gurley and his running which did the job"

I already pointed out how "RAC" isn't a valid argument. Goff still made the throw. LOL

River82

Reaction score
It's a copy and paste AHAHAHAHA

Why not just admit what your argument really is? Goff obviously made the throw, but you think due to RAC, that throw doesn't count...

I mean, it's still a stupid argument, but outright saying you never posted that is ridiculous. This is what happens when you back yourself into a corner with crap excuses for your QB.

I know what my argument is, you're just misrepresenting it. Goff did make a throw, a short one, and Gurley did the bulk of the work running it in.

I know what I said and what you're posting is not it. Feel free to show the post I said "Goff doesn't make throws", I'll be waiting all day. You won't show it though cause I never said it. I said Goff wasn't making throws "down the field", which is entirely different.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Your entire quote

""Goff didn't make throws to bring his team back in the game. I think you'll find it was Gurley and his running which did the job"

I already pointed out how "RAC" isn't a valid argument. Goff still made the throw. LOL

Why do you never post when we win?

Where did you go the last half of the season last year after we made you look 12 years old?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I know what my argument is, you're just misrepresenting it. Goff did make a throw, a short one, and Gurley did the bulk of the work running it in.

I know what I said and what you're posting is not it. Feel free to show the post I said "Goff doesn't make throws", I'll be waiting all day. You won't show it though cause I never said it. I said Goff wasn't making throws "down the field", which is entirely different.

No misrepresented. You posted this - if Goff didn't make the throw to Gurley, who did?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Why do you never post when we win?

Where did you go the last half of the season last year after we made you look 12 years old?

You posted in my thread when I made it after the Cards win. Also, I was here all last season. You have me mixed up.

Nice try.

gmoney112

Reaction score
You posted in my thread when I made it after the Cards win. Also, I was here all last season. You have me mixed up.

Nice try.

No, I don't. You went invisible, or your post count went down by a factor of 10. Mainly after the logical people on this board schooled you again and again with real stats after you attempted to troll every single Dak and Wentz post.

Nice try. I see you're back at it. Maybe try going to a different forum?