Sounds like Jalen Smith is changing his number to 9

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I keep asking you for your weed connection but you never respond? I live close by so no big deal.
Oh! My bad!
I thought you were in South Texas.
It's easy enough and about to get easier with NM going recreational, but Dona Ana county is a good start.
It's basically West El Paso, but not.

Now my personal dude? He's in ABQ.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Today on The Break Amber asked "is it true about the number 9?". They went on to say that they couldn't announce anything and didn't name names but they implied that it was Jalen making the switch when they said the Cowboys haven't announced it because the player wants to announce it and it seems very important for that player to announce it. Seems just like him to be focused on changing his number and making announcements when his job is definitely in major competition.

Who?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
They shouldn’t let him.

I’m not saying the number needs to be retired but have a little more respect that letting Jaylon have it.
Jerry can't be a big fan of this. Maybe this'll make it a little easier for him to cut Smith when the coaches push for it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just in case anyone was wondering, number nine is ‘Kyuu-ban’ in Japanese.

And for the really curious, number 11 is ‘juu-ichi-ban’

I thought it was "ku". We had to count to 10 in Japanese in our dojo.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I was always a big Romo fan, but let's not act like his number is untouchable.

No Cowboy will ever wear 8, 12, 22, or 74 again but Aikman, Staubach, Emmitt/Bob Hayes, and Bob Lilly are all Hall of Famers with Super Bowl rings on thier fingers. Like I said, I always supported Romo, but I can't put him or his number in the same category as the players I mentioned. I just can't.

If Jaylon Smith wants to wear number 9 for the next year or two he will be a Cowboy, I won't lose sleep over it. In fact, one could argue Smith wearing 54 is an affront to the great Randy White (another Cowboy with a Super Bowl MVP).

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I thought it was "ku". We had to count to 10 in Japanese in our dojo.

Numerous ways to pronounce it. Both ku and kyuu are correct. When talking about numbers kyuu-ban would be correct. When talking about time ku-ji would be 9 o’clock. Depends on what one is counting.

My wife is Japanese. She verified it. On rare occasion an announcer might use ku for a number but almost always kyuu when dealing with numbers.

conner01

Reaction score
So, there was a post a bit back about changing jerseys and requiring the player to purchase the remaining stock if not announced far enough in advance. Pretty interesting post. I didn't know that was the case.

I wonder if they're keeping a lid on it to try and get a few more pieces of merchandise sold so Jaylon doesn't have to buy back as much. Then again, as Jerry has the rights to Dallas merch, maybe he just writes it off.
I read that but I doubt there is a huge stock of Jaylon smith jerseys out there lol

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Tony Romo? Leads the Cowboys in all time passing records in many categories. How soon casual fans forget.
Danny White had all those passing records with playoff wins, division championships and 3 more NFC Championship games before Romo was out there padding and playing for stats. Why no one is worried about Parson wearing no.11? If your are not going to worry about no. 11, then don't worry about no. 9.

Cowboys had 6 straight winning seasons with Danny White starting at QB. He was replaced and lost his starting job after going 12-4 and losing a wild card playoff game. When did Romo have 6 straight winning seasons. Romo did not play with a broken pinky on his no throwing hand. Ask Roger Staubach to show you his pinky finger with those 2 Super Bowl Rings and 4 NFC Championship rings. Romo was inconsistent in winning, playing for stats, and always had his leadership at QB constantly in questioned.

How Arlington Jonesboys fans don't know Dallas Cowboys history or why the Dallas Cowboys are America's Team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Danny White had all those passing records with playoff wins, division championships and 3 more NFC Championship games before Romo was out there padding and playing for stats. Why no one is worried about Parson wearing no.11? If your are not going to worry about no. 11, then don't worry about no. 9.

Cowboys had 6 straight winning seasons with Danny White starting at QB. He was replaced and lost his starting job after going 12-4 and losing a wild card playoff game. When did Romo have 6 straight winning seasons. Romo did not play with a broken pinky on his no throwing hand. Ask Roger Staubach to show you his pinky finger with those 2 Super Bowl Rings and 4 NFC Championship rings. Romo was inconsistent in winning, playing for stats, and always had his leadership at QB constantly in questioned.

How Arlington Jonesboys fans don't know Dallas Cowboys history or why the Dallas Cowboys are America's Team.
I’m not worried about him wearing #9. Not at all. He said there has been no #9 who had done anything. Romo did a lot.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Who cares what number he has. As long as he plays better. Which in reality doesn’t seem likely with a whole new crew at the lb position

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Jaylon has been wearing hall of famer and SB champ Randy White's number, and people are worried about Romo?

I'm not a fan of that either, but Romo just retired, and pretty much against his will. It does him dirty for a mediocre LB to take his number that quickly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I just saw that episode of The Break. They didn't name this player that wants to change to "9" by name but it's obvious who it is.

BTW. Ambar looks to be about 7 months into her pregnancy. Congrats to her.