Twitter: Sounds like the Malik Hooker deal is done

quickccc

Reaction score
What could be going on in camp evaluation on the current safeties that could have Cowboys concerned about the safety position to risk signing an injury prone Hooker ?

Are they not liking what they are seeing in Kazee or even Wilson as possible starters, or is it that adding Hooker in hoping he becomes a starter, you can have Kazee as a suitable backup ?
I was already concerned about not only Kazee’s recovery, but worried about the lack of depth behind the starting safeties ..period.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is excited just to wake up every day at training camp and put on his coaching outfit. Its fantasy football camp every year.

In fact, I think I just stumbled on a new way for Jerry to make money. Let Cowboy fans pay to follow him around stalking the locker room/practice facilities with coaching gear and a whistle around their neck. 10k/week limit 5 per week.

Last edited:

DRella

Reaction score
I am actually feeling good about the safety position this season. The latest acquisition of Hooker gives us a safety net on Kazee and Wilson. It gives us the capabilities to bring him on slowly giving him enough time to get better physically and become an impact player when that time comes. Very savvy signing, I like it.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The "D" don't have any choice but to be better this year. How much is the BIG question. :)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's not done until he completes his quarantine but yeah it's as good as a done deal. We'll know more on Wednesday.

Carson

Reaction score
What do you mean the safety position has very little to do do with hitting in todays game. They look bad in coverage right now
Just saying how bad can they possibly be in coverage. Kazee is a vet and Wilson just forgot how to play? Seems strange to me.

I know you and your family have a background in football. These days starters should be able to show up and play. Nothing crazy going on yet … should be routine for some of these guys this early

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is it just a coincidence that pads come on on Wednesday and Hooker can hit the field for the first time on that same day?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Everything im hearing about the cowboys camp is that the safety position is a dumpster fire. More help the better i guess
Wilson is a playmaker and via health will be pro bowl caliber player this season. With Hooker and Keeze I feel much better about the other slot especially as the season goes on. I would expect by midseason one of those 2 will solidly solidify the other safety spot with the other adding help on nickel and dime situations. Very excited for this year especially on the defensive side.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although I did laugh at a few of the jokes... Remember that this is a family friendly site so please drop the adult humor.