Twitter: Sounds like the Malik Hooker deal is done

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Thing is, he’s just 25. Wilson is 25, Diggs is 23, Joseph is 21, Wright is 22. If he pans out, our secondary would be revamped and loaded for a few years.
Yeah, I agree. It is a big “if” though.

I assume it will be a very low risk contract, which means it is a smart move for the team to get him and give him time to get right.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t really even play this season and they tried to get him right by 2022.

erod

Reaction score
I mean it’s not like we’ve had Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed starting with Polamalu and Dawkins on the bench.

He’s going to look All Pro compared to what we’ve happened since 2007
No he's not because he'll be on IR.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What could be going on in camp evaluation on the current safeties that could have Cowboys concerned about the safety position to risk signing an injury prone Hooker ?

Are they not liking what they are seeing in Kazee or even Wilson as possible starters, or is it that adding Hooker in hoping he becomes a starter, you can have Kazee as a suitable backup ?
I was already concerned about not only Kazee’s recovery, but worried about the lack of depth behind the starting safeties ..period.
I think it's more about lack of depth, we all know Thompson isn't a NFL caliber safety and Muku is a green late rd pick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Everything im hearing about the cowboys camp is that the safety position is a dumpster fire. More help the better i guess
For his plays, Kazee has always been a so-so FS when healthy. He isnt even a natural FS, he is a CB. He doesnt have great range so he is somewhat limited even when healthy. Hooker is a much better S than Kazee is, its just his injury history is terrifying

coult44

Reaction score
What could be going on in camp evaluation on the current safeties that could have Cowboys concerned about the safety position to risk signing an injury prone Hooker ?

Are they not liking what they are seeing in Kazee or even Wilson as possible starters, or is it that adding Hooker in hoping he becomes a starter, you can have Kazee as a suitable backup ?
I was already concerned about not only Kazee’s recovery, but worried about the lack of depth behind the starting safeties ..period.

Several reports saying Wilson digressing, and doesn’t have a good work ethic.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Thing is, he’s just 25. Wilson is 25, Diggs is 23, Joseph is 21, Wright is 22. If he pans out, our secondary would be revamped and loaded for a few years.
lol... reloaded for about 2 years and guys contracts run out. This aint the old days.... Just look at Byron to see how quickly they leave, even when you like them.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Just saying how bad can they possibly be in coverage. Kazee is a vet and Wilson just forgot how to play? Seems strange to me.

I know you and your family have a background in football. These days starters should be able to show up and play. Nothing crazy going on yet … should be routine for some of these guys this early
The problem is these guys wouldnt start for any other team. Just because they are starters doesnt mean they are actually talented. The fact Quinn brought in Kazee and is already is looking elsewhere does not bode well for Kazee

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The problem is these guys wouldnt start for any other team. Just because they are starters doesnt mean they are actually talented. The fact Quinn brought in Kazee and is already is looking elsewhere does not bode well for Kazee

Not necessarily. Teams are always looking to upgrade at every position. Kazee is one of Quinn's guys. Nobody thought Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup were in danger when the Cowboys drafted CeeDee Lamb last year, for example.

Signing Hooker, who was once a top 15 pick and is still just 25 years old, is worth the Cowboys' time. It's great to see Dallas actually pouring resources into the safety position after years of neglect.

Dre11

Reaction score
What do you mean the safety position has very little to do do with hitting in todays game. They look bad in coverage right now

after 2 practices, you cant make that determination, and your safety do have to tackle