Twitter: Sounds like the Malik Hooker deal is done

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not sure Hooker will be ready to play before midseason, or so but we'll soon see.

He had his Achilles injured late last September and it takes lotsa time to recover.

Much depends upon how he responds to the activity and the soreness afterward.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure Hooker will be ready to play before midseason, or so but we'll soon see.

He had his Achilles injured late last September but it takes lotsa time to recover.

Much depends upon how he responds to the activity and the soreness after it.
He'll be good ....

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I am actually feeling good about the safety position this season. The latest acquisition of Hooker gives us a safety net on Kazee and Wilson. It gives us the capabilities to bring him on slowly giving him enough time to get better physically and become an impact player when that time comes. Very savvy signing, I like it.

It's definitely a stronger safety unit. The question is how everyone will mesh with a new team and etc. but I think it's a good thing that Kazee/Neal (although it doesn't sound like he'll be playing safety) played for Quinn's Falcons bc they'll be able to help the other safeties along. And of course the other concern is injuries but the depth and talent is now there.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I had a complete ankle reconstruction with a ligament transplant and three screws...I was good in sic months

I had a severed Achilles tendon and Hooker had a tear. There must be a huge difference in the recovery time. I hope he's ready soon.

I've often heard they've made great strides in the healing time lately. Evidently, there's been a lot of improvement in twenty years time.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What could be going on in camp evaluation on the current safeties that could have Cowboys concerned about the safety position to risk signing an injury prone Hooker ?

Are they not liking what they are seeing in Kazee or even Wilson as possible starters, or is it that adding Hooker in hoping he becomes a starter, you can have Kazee as a suitable backup ?
I was already concerned about not only Kazee’s recovery, but worried about the lack of depth behind the starting safeties ..period.

I don't think anything is going on. The Cowboys had a great visit with Hooker in March but didn't sign him then due to the achilles. I'm assuming it's healthier now than four months ago; so this is just an opportunity to add more talent and depth to a position that's been a sore spot since Darren Woodson and Roy Williams were in their prime.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Everything im hearing about the cowboys camp is that the safety position is a dumpster fire. More help the better i guess
It seemed that way within one day of camp. One day and hooker was already close to signing if it wasn’t for Covid protocol. Love the move. Kids young still. Stay healthy. Could be a steal

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I view this move as a long shot… but the potential payoff could be huge. The guy was the best FS prospect that I had seen in a while when he came out of tOSU. He is (was) 100% ball hawk. That is a knack that guys either have or don’t have. He’s got it in spades. It seemed like the ball always found it’s way to him. And he’s a natural ball player who takes good angles and plays smart.

That Achilles though…

It is a low cost move that likely won’t work out, which is fine. If it hits, it’s like an extra first round pick.

Carson

Reaction score
When he's rarely not hurt, he's not good.
I mean it’s not like we’ve had Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed starting with Polamalu and Dawkins on the bench.

He’s going to look All Pro compared to what we’ve happened since 2007

Carson

Reaction score
I view this move as a long shot… but the potential payoff could be huge. The guy was the best FS prospect that I had seen in a while when he came out of tOSU. He is (was) 100% ball hawk. That is a knack that guys either have or don’t have. He’s got it in spades. It seemed like the ball always found it’s way to him. And he’s a natural ball player who takes good angles and plays smart.

That Achilles though…

It is a low cost move that likely won’t work out, which is fine. If it hits, it’s like an extra first round pick.
Thing is, he’s just 25. Wilson is 25, Diggs is 23, Joseph is 21, Wright is 22. If he pans out, our secondary would be revamped and loaded for a few years.