Video: Source: Cowboys Will Not Re-Sign Gregy Hardy***MegaMerge***

khiladi

Reaction score
So now he can't party? What a PR statement if they can't sign him..

khiladi

Reaction score
He was payed to be a force, and there were too many times where he just didn't show up. Dlaw became the teams best Dlinemen towards the end of the season.

No he wasn't.. Sacks don't equate to best lineman...

khiladi

Reaction score
Needed more than "OK" out of lots of players.

Assuming a player who has been off a year and dogged by negative press to turn off all the outside noise and rack up 12 plus sacks in 12 games was not very realistic.

Some of it, a good bit of it, was his fault, but the expectations were overblown to begin with.

Well, Romo was suppose to come back and guarantee a play-off appearance.. Carolina ended that pretty quickly...

That's what you call our FO strategy.. To bad none of it includes banishing the useless HC, who provides nothing other than a bunch of decisions to try and cover for his inadequacies...

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Does Lawrence get 8 sacks opposite Jeremy mincey?

why wouldn't he? Hardy was shut down by rookie; and back up OT's. If you're insinuating that he commanded double teams, go back and look. After the first few games, he didn't do much, especially at the end of the season. He wasn't the difference maker he was brought in and paid for.

Let him walk, sign Mario Williams or Ware to come in and share snaps with Gregory. Re-sign Mincey as well, he got as many sacks the year before with a worse defense, than Hardy got last year.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Our dline is gonna be crud. 6-8 sacks for lawrence without hardy, 2-3 for gregory, 1 for mincy, 4 for t crawford, and 0 for hayden, 0 for russell, 1 for irving. How the heck are we gonna get to 42-52 sacks?

so you add a whopping 6 for Hardy....how much closer are you to 40 sacks.... you can find a guy at Lowe's or Home Depot that can luck into 6 sacks, and be stone walled by rookie and UDFA OT's, for a lot less money.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for some here to admit that Hardy simply wasn't great last year?

It's bizarre how so many people have such an emotional attachment to this clown and seem downright pissed if he's not re-signed.

Satchel89

Reaction score
He's just too much of a distraction and I didn't see anything that made me think that they have to keep him. I'm sure players got sick of talking and hearing about him. He's a player that makes himself pretty easy to dislike

tyke1doe

Reaction score
why does everyone want Mario Williams?
He was being called out by teammates late in the year for not caring at all.

Thank you. The man is the definition of "Average Joe" as a defensive end. He's all measurable. Has been since he first came into the league.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is the same reporter that said 1) 'I'm hearing from an inside source that the jury will find OJ GUILTY. Verdict to be announced within the hour', 2) 'Inside source tells me President Clinton will be impeached before days end for his role in Lewinsky's Health class experiment for college' & 3) 'Confirmed - Rottenburger did NOT have a sexual encounter with an underage female. In fact, it was actually an underage MALE'.

(I still WANT to believe i#3!!! :lmao:)

So the moral of the story, this dude is a joke. The Cowboys have NOT commented on Hardy either way. All of you saying 'good riddance' may want to temper your hopes. I, for one, thought he busted his butt on every play even though the stats don't show it. I think he was a big reason why Lawrence came on strong this year. The guy demands attention and frees up others to make plays. Take my 'opinion' for what it's worth.

You're kidding, right?

There's practically no way you can find out a jury verdict before it's actually announced. I guess that's why I assume you're joking.

But I'm with you. I'd like to hear the official word from management.

I didn't want Hardy on this team initially, and think he had some involvement in putting his mitts on his ex-girlfriend. But because his case was thrown out and if he's been a good teammate, I was willing to give him another chance. However, if it's true he was out partying and missing meetings, well, I can understand why the Cowboys would "Release the Kraken!"

RS12

Reaction score
Dont worry Jerry has a master plan. Bring in Johnny Football and make him and Hardy room mates.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Oh, so he partied AND played extremely well! Imagine if he focused all of his effort on playing instead of being the constant distraction the media invented and imagined him as. ;)

But he won't be re-signed...because the team likes mediocre.

This is apparent when one considers the mediocre GM and the coach.

someone else will sign him and the media won't say a word about it

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Pitt might grab him to play along with the rapist.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I wonder why it took a whole season for this "Late for meetings" "Out partying" crapola to surface since he was the most scrutinized Cowboy on the roster.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I wonder why it took a whole season for this "Late for meetings" "Out partying" crapola to surface since he was the most scrutinized Cowboy on the roster.

Because Jason Cole was sober during the season and didn't have a desperate need for clicks until after the season ended.

Step 1: A guy with less access and IQ than two thirds of this website puts up a story that the team coddled a problem player and refused to take action.

Step 2: Joseph Randle, Devon Coleman, Corey White and Christine Michael were all unavailable for comment... because they were cut long ago.