Video: Source: Cowboys Will Not Re-Sign Gregy Hardy***MegaMerge***

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I can live with it. Would put Bosa into the mix at 4 if he slid because Wentz and Goff went off the board in the first 3 picks.

Also, love me some Noah Spence in the 2nd but I suspect he'll slide into the first round by draft time.

I like Spence too - let's hope he's around because I definitely think we would snag him in the 2nd.

mickswag

Reaction score
Fish pretty much just shot this report down on the radio -- says Cowboys haven't made that decision yet. Also says he's not aware of partying being an issue. Says Hardy went out and enjoyed himself but it never rose to the level of being a problem. Mentioned TMZ and others trying to catch Hardy slipping up but were never able to do so. Said he thinks it's similar to the McClain situation last off season.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Let him go. Didn't mind taking the chance but it didn't really pay off.

I'd be all for signing Mario Williams if Buffalo moves on from his $19.9M 2016 cap hit, they would save $12.9M by cutting him. I'd also be interested in bringing back DWare (gimme back that #94 Gregory!) if Denver wants to move on from his $11.6M cap hit next year, saving them $10M.

This draft is also fairly deep with Anchor/LDE types so I'd be okay with grabbing one and having Lawrence and Gregory on the right side.

With my luck, we will just sign Jack Crawford and Jeremy Mincey and hear stories on how much Marinelli loves them.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
We tried, didn't work, time to move on.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can live with it. Would put Bosa into the mix at 4 if he slid because Wentz and Goff went off the board in the first 3 picks.

Also, love me some Noah Spence in the 2nd but I suspect he'll slide into the first round by draft time.

I'm not OK with spending another high draft pick on defensive end after what they've already invested in Lawrence in 2014 (2nd and 3rd), and Gregory in 2915 (2nd rounder).

The thought of then using the #4 overall pick again on Bosa disgusts me.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Needed more than "OK" out of lots of players.

Assuming a player who has been off a year and dogged by negative press to turn off all the outside noise and rack up 12 plus sacks in 12 games was not very realistic.

Some of it, a good bit of it, was his fault, but the expectations were overblown to begin with.

Yep - guilty as charged.

I was convinced he was going to play himself into shape in the middle of the season and really transform our pass rush late and into the playoffs and be the difference between this year and last.

Other than that I was exactly right on everything.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not OK with spending another high draft pick on defensive end after what they've already invested in Lawrence in 2014 (2nd and 3rd), and Gregory in 2915 (2nd rounder).

The thought of then using the #4 overall pick again on Bosa disgusts me.

Agreed.

That would not be an effective use of resources.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
His partying was supposed to be why he wasn't more effective than he was throughout the season. Also, why he was late to many meetings and mandatory group attendances.

Where did we hear that?

Hardline

Reaction score
If true this news should not have been released until after the draft.not before.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Let him go. Didn't mind taking the chance but it didn't really pay off.

I'd be all for signing Mario Williams if Buffalo moves on from his $19.9M 2016 cap hit, they would save $12.9M by cutting him.

Did you watch Mario Williams voluntarily shut it down so he could pout his way out of Buffalo this past year? And people complain about Hardy's effort?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Firstly, I don't think Jason Cole and that clickbait site he works for are worth anything.

Secondly, I wouldn't be so quick to slam the door on Hardy coming back at the right price. I sure don't want to invest any more significant draft resources into defensive end after what we've already put in.

Thirdly, putting both Lawrence and Gregory on the field at the same time on a regular basis leaves you with a really undersized defensive front, almost inviting teams to gash you with the run.

Fourth, 'Mr. Mince' isn't worth a darn and there's no way I want him and his 0 sacks for the entire season back.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Needed more than "OK" out of lots of players.

Assuming a player who has been off a year and dogged by negative press to turn off all the outside noise and rack up 12 plus sacks in 12 games was not very realistic.

Some of it, a good bit of it, was his fault, but the expectations were overblown to begin with.
This people in general are more unrealistic with others than they are with themselves. With themselves they have "excuses" and reasons why it doesn't go right but with others people expect them to act like a Robot

Alexander

Reaction score
This people in general are more unrealistic with others than they are with themselves. With themselves they have "excuses" and reasons why it doesn't go right but with others people expect them to act like a Robot

Well, if I had incentives, I would have played harder. Or better. Or something. And got 12 sacks like the clauses had him to max out at.

The lines blocking him got paid to do their jobs as well.

Alexander

Reaction score
Fourth, 'Mr. Mince' isn't worth a darn and there's no way I want him and his 0 sacks for the entire season back.

If we sign Mincey back and do little else, we deserve however many losses we can get.