Source: NFLPA files for restraining order to again block Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaede

Reaction score
To a point. But there's so much shadyness in this case, when the lead investigator says non suspension but is ignored, I'd say this is a case worth looking into for any judge
As annoying as it is, Zeke has a case worth pursuing here.

The NFL deserves to lose and quitting on the case and just serving th suspension grants Goddell the go ahead to just do as he pleases

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Article 46 unfortunately will be our downfall
Every time I see this all I can think of is Revenge of the Sith and the Emperor implementing Order 66. It does have a very similar vibe. Will there be a Luke lawyer to save this team from this mess....we will find out in December...oh wait...sorry thinking of the next movie...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
This Zeke stuff got really old really fast.. I really cared before the season, but at this point lets just get Sean Lee healthy so we can have a chance to win ballgames

Part of the NFL's plan all along. Let the case drag out because people will care less about it as time goes by.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
How do you "tell" an innocent man to "take" something that will forever ruin his career and reputation?

That's my dilemma. There are two thought processes here.

For the team, taking the suspension now and just getting it out of the way, is probably best. If we were talking say a gun charge or DUI, I'd say take the penalty and just get it out of the way.

But this is much worse. He's basically been called a woman beater by the NFL whereas the legal system has said he is not. How can you expect a guy to just accept a punishment if he's truly innocent (and I tend to think he's innocent or more specifically, there isn't enough evidence to prove he did what she alleges) and put himself in a situation where the next time he gets in trouble off the field the league could chuck him out permanently?

It's really a tough situation for the Cowboys and Elliott.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

For the team, taking the suspension now and just getting it out of the way, is probably best.

Then again, how can you expect a guy to just accept a punishment if he's truly innocent (and I tend to think he's innocent or more specifically, there isn't enough evidence to prove he did what she alleges) and put himself in a situation where the next time he gets in trouble off the field the league could chuck him out permanently?

It's easy for me, a man's career and reputation is more important than when the resolution would be most convenient for the team.

Let's face it, the running back position has gone from a glamour job in the days of Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders where they make big money (for their era), to a chew-you-up and spit-you-out meat grinder role, where big second contracts are a thing of the past.

If Elliott somehow "takes" this suspension, his already-numbered days just get that much shorter. The Cowboys will look to replace the "woman beater" as soon as they can, and nobody else would touch him.

Take a look at any of the other players given the "woman beater" label - Hardy, Ray Rice, Josh Brown, you name it. None of them ever recovered and none are or ever will be in this league again. They're done. Ostracized forever.

If Elliott "takes" this, he'll be in that same boat. He'll lose all of his rookie contract guarantees, and any thoughts of endorsements, and effectively become a pariah in this league. One even the team he "helped out" will soon look to be rid of.

Aven8

Reaction score
Irvin should talk, he has been accused how many times. He fought it everytime. Now he wants Zeke to just say yeah ok I did it. Idiot

I heard the interview. Hemisphere point is get it over with now, so it's not heading into next season. He knows we are not going anywhere with this awful defense.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Same here.

When I put myself in EE's shoes it makes it really complicated.

On one hand, you want to be a team player and put yourself and the team in a position to win. On the other hand (assuming innocence, if he's guilty and is lying then F EE) you wouldn't want to take blame for something you didn't do and be thought of as a women beater for the rest of your life.

It really sucks for everyone involved, except his ex who appears to be having a field day.

For the team, taking the suspension now and just getting it out of the way, is probably best. If we were talking say a gun charge or DUI, I'd say take the penalty and just get it out of the way.

But this is much worse. He's basically been called a woman beater by the NFL whereas the legal system has said he is not. How can you expect a guy to just accept a punishment if he's truly innocent (and I tend to think he's innocent or more specifically, there isn't enough evidence to prove he did what she alleges) and put himself in a situation where the next time he gets in trouble off the field the league could chuck him out permanently?

It's really a tough situation for the Cowboys and Elliott.

lopey

Reaction score
I heard the interview. Hemisphere point is get it over with now, so it's not heading into next season. He knows we are not going anywhere with this awful defense.
Maybe not, but from Zeke's standpoint, if he is innocent, then he needs to fight this. I would if I was in his position.

LittleD

Reaction score
As annoying as it is, Zeke has a case worth pursuing here.

The NFL deserves to lose and quitting on the case and just serving th suspension grants Goddell the go ahead to just do as he pleases

He might...good luck with that strategy in a NY court. He might as well start that extended vacation because the NFL has won.

Status
Not open for further replies.