Source: NFLPA files for restraining order to again block Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost12

Reaction score

I think Elliott dominates the "irreparable harm" argument so even with a weak case, the restraining order is very much in play. I've stated he could push this all the way back through this year if he wants to. Whether or not that's a good idea is a whole other matter.....

Reaction score
How do you "tell" an innocent man to "take" something that will forever ruin his career and reputation?
His reputation is already ruined.

The court of public opinion has ruled. Theres no going back for Zeke, no matter what happens in court.

May as well just take the 6 games and be done with it.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I think Elliott dominates the "irreparable harm" argument so even with a weak case, the restraining order is very much in play. I've stated he could push this all the way back through this year if he wants to. Whether or not that's a good idea is a whole other matter.....
very true, Mazzant's own ruling of "finding the unfairness needle in the fairness haystack" still holds substance and should be considered here

Ghost12

Reaction score
There seems to be conflicting info on this. I saw a few articles that said they had issued the request other articles just seem to state that the NFLPA has publicly stated they will make that request.
I looked into it and, despite what another individual on the board is insisting, you are absolutely right. The NFLPA has formally told CA5 they will be filing for an en banc review but the actual filing itself has not yet been made. They have 2 weeks to do so. Usually they take the full time but since CA5 won't reinstate the injunction, they may accelerate their plans.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
"pretty much"? Who "pretty much" determined that? This isn't that lame lie about the CBA article 46 giving Goodell god-like power, is it? I thought we dispelled that lie a long time ago? Labor laws give the people subject to them them certain rights, one of which is fundamental fairness. It can not be written away by the CBA.
I don't like it any more than you do.

I just feel pretty confident Elliott gets the royal shaft when all of this is said and done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the end result will be affirmation of a corrupt Commisioner's abuse of power, how can he win? I think there is enough out there for him to salvage his reputation. I just don't think he can win and all that drawing it out does is ruin two seasons.

I still think he should do what's best for him. You know the team will when the time comes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His reputation is already ruined.

The court of public opinion has ruled. Theres no going back for Zeke, no matter what happens in court.

May as well just take the 6 games and be done with it.

I disagree.

I know what you're saying. There are those out there who already think he's guilty. But exoneration will put those people in the wrong side of the equation and few, if any will listen to them.

If the suspension sticks? Everybody says he's guilty.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
imo when all is said and done i think both parties end up winning

Zeke will end up serving the 6 game suspension either in 2017 or 2018

and once that legal process is complete i believe Zeke will file a defamation suit against the NFL and win, and subsequently i think Goodell, Henderson, and Friel will be severely exposed and lose their jobs

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't like it any more than you do.

I just feel pretty confident Elliott gets the royal shaft when all of this is said and done.
Please forgive my rudeness. Yes, if this 6 game suspension is forced on Elliott, he will be getting the royal shaft.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I honestly hope the Cowboys never draft a running back in the 1st round ever again, its not worth it. I honestly dont think Elliott will see a second contract here, not because of legal issues, but I think he'll show signs of slowing down by that point.
The FO needs to be smart, draft rb in the later rounds and use them and abuse them until their rookie contract is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.