Source: NFLPA files for restraining order to again block Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
how did it go from Brady Lost Appeal to Judge Ruled in favor of Brady, if the NFL filed only to confirm??

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score

well yeah, can you blame them?? The NFL held all the cards in regards to the timing of HH's arbitration ruling. I hope Kessler argued how is it fair that only the NFL knows when the ruling will come down thus giving the NFL legal team a "head start" to file in the forum of their choosing

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
how did it go from Brady Lost Appeal to Judge Ruled in favor of Brady, if the NFL filed only to confirm??
IIRC Brady challenged the motion in NY but lost (he wanted it to be heard in Boston). So the case stayed in DCNY where he won a PI

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Some legal guy on nfl network just said there’s a good chance zeke wins this round and will be allowed back

Sydla

Reaction score
I have partied with Romo at Metal Skool back in the summer of 2005... Some people just hide it better that I can assure you. YES being a knucklehead is normal.

There's a difference between partying and doing some of the things Elliott did. See that's the mistake some of you make when defending Elliott. That you think people are just getting on him for going out and partying with his buddies. That's not what people are saying.

For example, when you partied with Romo, did he pull down a girl's top? Did he get in a car and drive 120 mph? Did he and/or a buddy sucker punch a DJ? Did Romo have such an issue with off the field stuff that his father openly said that he worries about his son and he better clean up his life?

That's not "normal" behavior. Going out to bars, having fun, drinking. Normal. Being an idiot beyond that? Not normal.

Sydla

Reaction score
When he says he's going to read Brady, does he mean the Appeals finding or the initial District Court finding? I assume he means the Appeals, correct?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
There's a difference between partying and doing some of the things Elliott did. See that's the mistake some of you make when defending Elliott. That you think people are just getting on him for going out and partying with his buddies. That's not what people are saying.

For example, when you partied with Romo, did he pull down a girl's top? Did he get in a car and drive 120 mph? Did he and/or a buddy sucker punch a DJ? Did Romo have such an issue with off the field stuff that his father openly said that he worries about his son and he better clean up his life?

That's not "normal" behavior. Going out to bars, having fun, drinking. Normal. Being an idiot beyond that? Not normal.

Really, I’ve lost many friends at a young age from driving at a high rate of speed. On any given weekend I can be at the river doing 115 MPH. He was with the chick he was dating and there were no issues. I’ll say stay far away from any big party lake on any given weekend as you’ll see tops pulled down and you might get offended.

See the problem with some of you who harp on these things is you act like he’s suppose to be a choir boy. Get off your high horse bud, a lot of this **** is pretty standard for frat boys, and the young crowd. We are just subjected to it more because of Social Media and the 24 hour news cycle.

Sydla

Reaction score

From my understanding, after they ruled on Brady in arbitration, they knew Brady would like file a suit, so they quickly filed in NYC thinking that was the best venue for them. They didn't want Brady filing in say, Minnesota, which is deemed to be very player friendly. Simply put, they filed first to control venue. I think losing in district court was a bit of a surprise to them but the appeals court saved them.

aikemirv

Reaction score
From my understanding, after they ruled on Brady in arbitration, they knew Brady would like file a suit, so they quickly filed in NYC thinking that was the best venue for them. They didn't want Brady filing in say, Minnesota, which is deemed to be very player friendly. Simply put, they filed first to control venue. I think losing in district court was a bit of a surprise to them but the appeals court saved them.

I have never understood how they filed a suit first. What were they filing against? They made the decision......

Sydla

Reaction score
Really, I’ve lost many friends at a young age from driving at a high rate of speed. On any given weekend I can be at the river doing 115 MPH. He was with the chick he was dating and there were no issues. I’ll say stay far away from any big party lake on any given weekend as you’ll see tops pulled down and you might get offended.

See the problem with some of you who harp on these things is you act like he’s suppose to be a choir boy. Get off your high horse bud, a lot of this **** is pretty standard for frat boys, and the young crowd. We are just subjected to it more because of Social Media and the 24 hour news cycle.

See that's where your mistake is and the mistake many of you often make here. I don't expect him to stay in his house, button up that collar, go to church everyday, etc.

Go out. Have fun. Spend time with your friends. Go drinking. Go gambling. Go to a strip club. Go golfing. Go boating. Go on a Caribbean vacation. Whatever. Just don't do anything stupid that puts you in a negative light, which unfortunately he has done. Again, when the kid's own father is basically publicly pleading for his kid to wise up, it's bizarre that you guys think what he's doing is "normal". It's not.

By the way, you realize how strange it sounds when you try to argue that speeding at high rates is perfectly normal behavior by stating, "I've had friends killed driving like that." That statement alone shows why it's not normal.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have never understood how they filed a suit first. What were they filing against? They made the decision......

It was a legal tactic to make sure the court hearing was going to be in a venue they thought would be best for them. That's it.

They knew Brady would file a suit so they beat him to the punch in order to force Brady into the Southern District of NY.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
See that's where your mistake is and the mistake many of you often make here. I don't expect him to stay in his house, button up that collar, go to church everyday, etc.

Go out. Have fun. Spend time with your friends. Go drinking. Go gambling. Go to a strip club. Go golfing. Go boating. Go on a Caribbean vacation. Whatever. Just don't do anything stupid that puts you in a negative light, which unfortunately he has done. Again, when the kid's own father is basically publicly pleading for his kid to wise up, it's bizarre that you guys think what he's doing is "normal". It's not.

I usually like you and your posts, but we are gonna have to disagree here.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It was a legal tactic to make sure the court hearing was going to be in a venue they thought would be best for them. That's it.

They knew Brady would file a suit so they beat him to the punch in order to force Brady into the Southern District of NY.

Ok, but help me out here. Usually to file a suit, you would have to have a ruling or action against you right? It seems to me that any suit by them would be pre-emptive just like they just said Zekes was...

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

It's a Motion to Affirm. Basically asking the court to approve their own decision. It wasn't a case against Elliot per se, more of request for approval of their authority and decision.

Bullet22

Reaction score
Lady justice is not blind in this case...Lord Goodell will have his way come hell and high water...

Status
Not open for further replies.