Source: NFLPA files for restraining order to again block Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmojo

Reaction score
This is still going on.....Zeke will be through his first contract and another team by the time this gets settled.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If he has to go read Brady, this doesn’t sound too good. Didn’t the courts rule in Brady that the league can do whatever it wants?

dogberry

Reaction score
The NFL filed in SDNY after arbitration decision, but what was their reason for filing?

The NFL won the arbitration, why did they need to file?

The NFLPA filed early per CA5. Wouldn't the logical course be for the NFLPA to refile with the district court in Sherman?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly hope the Cowboys never draft a running back in the 1st round ever again, its not worth it. I honestly dont think Elliott will see a second contract here, not because of legal issues, but I think he'll show signs of slowing down by that point.
The FO needs to be smart, draft rb in the later rounds and use them and abuse them until their rookie contract is up.
Tony and Emmitt were pretty decent.

Plankton

Reaction score
I hope that NY Judge is not a Giants fan

LOL

1009-bennett-cave.jpg

Reaction score
The NFL filed in SDNY after arbitration decision, but what was their reason for filing?

The NFL won the arbitration, why did they need to file?

The NFLPA filed early per CA5. Wouldn't the logical course be for the NFLPA to refile with the district court in Sherman?

There is a legal principle called the "first to file" rule, by which courts hearing essentially the same lawsuit will defer to the first one filed. After the CA5's dismissal for lack of jurisdiction, the NFL's suit in NY to enforce its arbitration decision is now the "first filed." Thus, the NFLPA is unlikely to refile in Texas.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I like this Wallach guy.

His tweets have been very informative throughout this entire, painful process.
That they have.

But on the other end, they have inspired a whole lot of hope that is based on common sense, in a case that probably will be devoid of any at the end.

dogberry

Reaction score
Does the NFL routinely file in federal district courts to enforce arbitration decisions?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i don't remember the exact chronological details of Brady, but i know for sure that the NFL initially handed down the suspension, then Brady appealed and won (injuctive relief), and the case was litigated a year later in the 5th circuit and they ruled in NFL's favor and THEN he was truly suspended

in Zeke's case currently, litigation is still at the injuction process, not merits

Kevinicus

Reaction score
i don't remember the exact chronological details of Brady, but i know for sure that the NFL initially handed down the suspension, then Brady appealed and won (injuctive relief), and the case was litigated a year later in the 5th circuit and they ruled in NFL's favor and THEN he was truly suspended

in Zeke's case currently, litigation is still at the injuction process, not merits

Brady Suspended.
Brady Appealed
Brady Lost Appeal
NFL Filed to confirm ruling
Judge Ruled in favor of Brady
Appeals overturned ruling.
Brady files for en banc (sp?)
Brady's request denied.
Brady serves suspension.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score