Spagnola, Jerry doubles down in the war room

Rayman70

Reaction score
27 years of losing and falling short creates Jerry Loyalists and sycophants that are entrenched from the 90's. Until that bunch gradually wanes, it will continue as is.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ahhh...I was waiting for the 30 years comment....it is so worthless....

If you choose to be miserable about the past that can't be changed. Instead of looking ahead to what possible can be better. Which is why there are fans.
Then be miserable. I don't care.
I choose otherwise, it makes everything else in my life go much better as well.
You can post your negative opinions all you want, but others can counter that as well. It is a never ending loop. However it would be nice to have some analysis instead of drive by posting...oh they suck...

It is sports, it has no bearing on anything else in life. Again, I choose to not let it bring me down.
I need someone to explain to me how its "miserable" to not expect success from this team?

I feel like the real misery would be expecting something every single year only to get let down every single year.

There's no honor in being a homer just for the sake of being a homer.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They had Frank Reich trading for his QB and gave up way more than needed. It was a stupid trade by the Colts, and the Eagles were lucky. But our Eagles lovers on here act as it the Eagles out smarted them. Which they did, in a way, but that never happens if Reich was not the HC at the time.

Dallas has no control over that. But some Dallas fans use that to whine.
Gotcha. The fact remains they didn’t snap their fingers and end up with a truckload of high picks.

I almost wanted to say that if we traded Prescott, and parlayed those picks into future ones, we would have an abundance of picks also…but then I realized the can of worms that would open, so I didn’t say it!

Rayman70

Reaction score
That’s a possibility but the way they reached for a TE in round 2 indicates to me that it was a higher priority than they’re putting on. I really think they wanted Kincaid as a weapon for Dak.
we will never know fully.

blueblood70

Reaction score
MM wanted a blocking TE and had his sights set n the guy they drafted. It was never Kincaid.
Better blocker yes, but eh book on this kid is he has great hands and while not fast hes basically a slightly improved version of Dalton, seriously ive been listening to feedback and them showing film on this kid.. hes a better version of Dalton Day 1, that what im hearing, he didn't have accurate or great qbs in college yet caught just about everything, , only credited with 2 drops last year?. at worse he replaces Dalton , lets not worry about Furgeson and Hendershot, they haven't earned anything yet..

there will be a competition, but you never know this kids upside like best case could be version of Jwitt.. not fast, nothing special but can block, always open to move the chains, and great hands. so whats the issue we end up with 3 very god TES but not one elite one? run game is typically best with the 2-3 TE packages anyway, now we also got Vaughn and Hunter a true FB with some HB skills.

id say on paper thats an improvement. time will tell

Rayman70

Reaction score
Better blocker yes, but eh book on this kid is he has great hands and while not fast hes basically a slightly improved version of Dalton, seriously ive been listening to feedback and them showing film on this kid.. hes a better version of Dalton Day 1, that what im hearing, he didn't have accurate or great qbs in college yet caught just about everything, , only credited with 2 drops last year?. at worse he replaces Dalton , lets not worry about Furgeson and Hendershot, they haven't earned anything yet..

there will be a competition, but you never know this kids upside like best case could be version of Jwitt.. not fast, nothing special but can block, always open to move the chains, and great hands. so whats the issue we end up with 3 very god TES but not one elite one? run game is typically best with the 2-3 TE packages anyway, now we also got Vaughn and Hunter a true FB with some HB skills.

id say on paper thats an improvement. time will tell
I like him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there's nothing you can do about then why did the Eagles have a top 10 pick after playing for a Super Bowl?

It's because they actually try to be better and make deals.

Stop believing the lies.
I can't believe people actually gave you likes for this crap! Just shows who the Madden players are! Lol!!! I'm loving it....great way to start the week.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The draft didn’t fall the way they hoped it would imo. I think they wanted Kincaid in round 1 and probably would have gone OL in round 2 in that instance. Buffalo trading up forced us to focus on the trenches in round 1 which may work out for us.
There is nothing to indicate that they wanted Kincaid.

Based on an interview with the TEs coach, Schoonmaker's blocking was a huge part of the reason they drafted him.

Kincard is not a blocker...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need someone to explain to me how its "miserable" to not expect success from this team?

I feel like the real misery would be expecting something every single year only to get let down every single year.

There's no honor in being a homer just for the sake of being a homer.
Not a homer, but not going to hate on EVERY single thing. I will be critical at times.

When I say miserable...that is hating on everything....do you see any good in what they have done to improve this off-season? You never do, it is always doom and gloom...to me that is being miserable, at least from a fans point of view.

But, opinion away...go for it...I like the entertainment.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I can't believe people actually gave you likes for this crap! Just shows who the Madden players are! Lol!!! I'm loving it....great way to start the week.
Will McClay says the Cowboys are just too darn good to get any better and Ranching falls for it lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not a homer, but not going to hate on EVERY single thing. I will be critical at times.

When I say miserable...that is hating on everything....do you see any good in what they have done to improve this off-season? You never do, it is always doom and gloom...to me that is being miserable, at least from a fans point of view.

But, opinion away...go for it...I like the entertainment.
It's not "hate".

I believe you think a lot like I do about this team and some of the players. You just won't come out and say it like I will.

We both know how the upcoming season will end regardless of what was done this offseason. I just don't care to comes out and say it.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
MM wanted a blocking TE and had his sights set n the guy they drafted. It was never Kincaid.
Fans and pundits, and sometimes teams, fall into the trap of believing they MUST do it like the current Super Bowl champs did it. For how long has Jerry been trying to duplicate the "triplets" of the early 90's Cowboys' dynasty? The reality is that there are many ways to win a Super Bowl. Because the Chiefs are doing it with Travis Kelce, a lot of teams, fans and pundits are trying to find the next Kelce. But the Chiefs are a whole lot more than Kelce.

Dalton Kincaid is seen by many as the closest approximation in this draft of a Travis Kelce clone. That's why so many fans are lamenting his loss. It's why the Bills moved up to get him. But you are correct. The Cowboys were never interested in Kincaid, or he would have been a 30-visit player. He wasn't.

In the end, the Cowboys got 4 players from their 30 visit players: DT Mazi Smith, LB/S DeMarvion Overshown, DL Viliami Fehoko, and LB/Edge Durrell Johnson - all defensive players.

Creeper

Reaction score
If there's nothing you can do about then why did the Eagles have a top 10 pick after playing for a Super Bowl?

It's because they actually try to be better and make deals.

Stop believing the lies.
I am not going to defend Jerry, and I love what the Eagles have done. But trades need willing partners. Dallas could not find a partner to give them more than a 5th for Cooper while the Eagles found a partner to overpay for a bad QB. I am not sure what the Cowboys could have done, other than keep Cooper - which they probably should have.

In any case, the Eagles deserve credit for what they have done. But the Cowboys have been pretty good too. If you ask me the failure of the Cowboys has been in free agency, not the draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There is nothing to indicate that they wanted Kincaid.

Based on an interview with the TEs coach, Schoonmaker's blocking was a huge part of the reason they drafted him.

Kincard is not a blocker...
exactly. The Kincaid and Musgrave/ Sam Laporta TE cult just cant let it go. We liked them just not at 26. We were never drafting a TE at 26. We invested in Ferguson last year with a mid rd pick. We did exactly what I kept sayin we would do all along. The TE stuff was all fluff.