Spagnola, Jerry doubles down in the war room

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fans and pundits, and sometimes teams, fall into the trap of believing they MUST do it like the current Super Bowl champs did it. For how long has Jerry been trying to duplicate the "triplets" of the early 90's Cowboys' dynasty? The reality is that there are many ways to win a Super Bowl. Because the Chiefs are doing it with Travis Kelce, a lot of teams, fans and pundits are trying to find the next Kelce. But the Chiefs are a whole lot more than Kelce.

Dalton Kincaid is seen by many as the closest approximation in this draft of a Travis Kelce clone. That's why so many fans are lamenting his loss. It's why the Bills moved up to get him. But you are correct. The Cowboys were never interested in Kincaid, or he would have been a 30-visit player. He wasn't.

In the end, the Cowboys got 4 players from their 30 visit players: DT Mazi Smith, LB/S DeMarvion Overshown, DL Viliami Fehoko, and LB/Edge Durrell Johnson - all defensive players.
truth

Staubacher

Reaction score
If there's nothing you can do about then why did the Eagles have a top 10 pick after playing for a Super Bowl?

It's because they actually try to be better and make deals.

Stop believing the lies.
They sure have a lot of hubris for simply having back-to-back winning seasons and early playoff exits after 25 years of futility.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not "hate".

I believe you think a lot like I do about this team and some of the players. You just won't come out and say it like I will.

We both know how the upcoming season will end regardless of what was done this offseason. I just don't care to comes out and say it.
If I like something or don't like something about the team or a player I DO and WILL say it.

I DO NOT secretly agree with you. If I agree with you, I will say it. I have in the past.

We do not know how this season will end, it is why they play the game. If you feel it will end the same way, then why are you here?
I am here for the enjoyment and excitement of the game. And to see how the off-season unfolds. Then go game by game through the season.
I have done this since I kew what sports was since I was 5 or 6. For all sports and the teams I like.

I grew up a Reds fan, still am. They won the WS in 1990 and have not done crap since. I don't pay as much attention to the MLB as much as I used to.
But living in Texas now, and DTV gave me MLB Extra Innings for free this year. So yeah, I am watching a lot of the Reds games, even though I don't expect them to make the playoffs. But they look better than I thought they would. So heck yeah, I will still watch.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If I like something or don't like something about the team or a player I DO and WILL say it.

I DO NOT secretly agree with you. If I agree with you, I will say it. I have in the past.

We do not know how this season will end, it is why they play the game. If you feel it will end the same way, then why are you here?
I am here for the enjoyment and excitement of the game. And to see how the off-season unfolds. Then go game by game through the season.
I have done this since I kew what sports was since I was 5 or 6. For all sports and the teams I like.

I grew up a Reds fan, still am. They won the WS in 1990 and have not done crap since. I don't pay as much attention to the MLB as much as I used to.
But living in Texas now, and DTV gave me MLB Extra Innings for free this year. So yeah, I am watching a lot of the Reds games, even though I don't expect them to make the playoffs. But they look better than I thought they would. So heck yeah, I will still watch.
I'm a Reds fans too.....

I can't sit through 162 games of bad though. That's asking a lot. I use their games as background noise for the most part these days.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a Reds fans too.....

I can't sit through 162 games of bad though. That's asking a lot. I use their games as background noise for the most part these days.
Oh, I don't watch the entire game much. I use it as background noise also, or check in on it watch a few innings here and there. Channel surf other games.
162 games is a bit much. I do check in most games for a bit if not too busy with something else.

Use to go watch the Reds and The Big Red machine quite a bit growing up North of Cincinnati.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
What if your car said I'm going to break down on you every single year for 30 years but you should be happy that I work sometimes?

This is your logic, ya know?
Your comparing a car which is a daily essential to the cowboys lmao.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Ahhh...I was waiting for the 30 years comment....it is so worthless....

If you choose to be miserable about the past that can't be changed. Instead of looking ahead to what possible can be better. Which is why there are fans.
Then be miserable. I don't care.
I choose otherwise, it makes everything else in my life go much better as well.
You can post your negative opinions all you want, but others can counter that as well. It is a never ending loop. However it would be nice to have some analysis instead of drive by posting...oh they suck...

It is sports, it has no bearing on anything else in life. Again, I choose to not let it bring me down.
Exactly, it's very old lol. 30yrs ago I was 6yrs old lol. The way they cry you would think they was 6

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I can't believe people actually gave you likes for this crap! Just shows who the Madden players are! Lol!!! I'm loving it....great way to start the week.
Because the less likes you get the more right you are.

If you're ever on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" please don't use the "poll the audience" option, but if you do, go with the answer that gets the most votes not the least. The majority is usually right.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
This explains why you buy in every year simply because Jerry says you should.

You have no idea what winning feels like.
You might wanna check my post history. This forum is entertainment for me as is the games. I don't take none of it serious. If we losing I simply turn the game off and hope for a comeback.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
The draft didn’t fall the way they hoped it would imo. I think they wanted Kincaid in round 1 and probably would have gone OL in round 2 in that instance. Buffalo trading up forced us to focus on the trenches in round 1 which may work out for us.
With all those TEs available and the DTs being snagged up, you still regurgitating that line. I would of waited to get a TE till later as well (although I don't think we needed to draft a TE at all, but that's another story) considering they were all still there minus one the bills were suckered into moving up to get.
We needed a run stuffer, absolute 100%!!! Were you not watching and tired of us last year saying all opponents need to do is run the ball every down??? It was ridiculous how bad it run defense was.

Don't believe the hyperbole the Bills were throwing out, I mean yeah they might of thought they needed to move up but only because they believed the misconception that we were gonna draft a TE with our #1.

The very fact that we didn't draft a "pass catching" TE in Schoonmaker just validated my point. He is more of a blocker who can catch as well

fivetwos

Reaction score
MM wanted a blocking TE and had his sights set n the guy they drafted. It was never Kincaid.
What he wanted was a blocking TE that wasn’t a mess in the passing game.

The way I saw it, only Mayer and Schoon fit the bill (if Washington isn’t considered) and they felt as if they really needed that player (agree), and didn’t feel as though he would be there at 90 (semi agree, but not worth the risk if he was the only one left).

In general I think people grossly underestimate how Schultz’ blocking adversely affected the entire offense.

Many of those Zeke 1 yard runs should have been 4-6 yard runs if 86 got a hat on his man. The difference between 2nd and 9 vs 4-6 is huge with Prescott. This was the big difference between 2016 and lately.

Schoon is a stud blocker, that’s a given. When he also starts to pile up fantasy points courtesy of Checkdown Chuck, people will forget all about draft “value.”

I wanted a stud OL like everyone else, but we got a DT finally, which everyone wanted also. Can’t have it all with a few low picks in a not so great draft.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
You wouldn't trust a single thing in your life that's failed you for 30 straight years.

But Will McClay saying we're just so darn good that we can't get better you'll buy.
Are you gonna compare eating to the cowboys next? Football could vanish from the world tomorrow and it won't affect me. But why are you comparing life essential things to the cowboys is beyond me.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Are you gonna compare eating to the cowboys next? Football could vanish from the world tomorrow and it won't affect me. But why are you comparing life essential things to the cowboys is beyond me.
You don't care so much that you decided to joining a Dallas Cowboys message board and argue with anyone that doesn't think they're great.

75boyz

Reaction score
Back to back 12-5 season, went a game further in the playoffs. That is improvement, and in MM's 3rd year. And yes, remove his 1st year with Dak being injured.
That is far more than Garrett did. Which is Jerry's stupidity there.
Garrett did exactly the same from 2014 to 2016 as McCarthy from 2020 to 2022. Substitute Garrett's 2015 of losing his starting QB for McCarthys 2020 of losing his.

Same results.

And NO,
I'm not a Garrett guy.
I just don't like McCarthy either, so there's that.