Games under 50 yards for Amari Cooper

2020 2 out of 9

2019 7 out of 16

2018 8 out of 16

2017 9 out of 16

2016 6 out of 16

2015 8 out of 16

TOTAL 40 out of 89 45%

Not sure how you can say Cooper is one of the best when stats clearly show he only shows up less than a quarter of the time in making a big impact on a game while he completely disappears nearly half the time.

This list doesn’t do much good unless you compare these numbers against other wise receivers.

Folks can also list his total yardage stats which show that Amari is top 10 in the league as far as receivers go.

he isn’t one of the very best like top 3. But he is in the tier right below the ultra elite receivers like a Hopkins or Michael Thomas.

Redline360

Reaction score
Cooper when on his game is one of the best route runners in the league however sadly he has owned up to his reputation of taking games off.

Hard to defend him at this point. Kind of sad actually because if he gave 100% each game he would be one of the best

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Maybe the fan base should rail on Coop because he uses light starch in his clothes sent to the dry cleaners.

The 1-15 season of 1989 was not nearly and needy as this season for fans.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cooper's a different kind of guy; so people tend to misinterpret his body language. I think that's part of the reason the Raiders traded him- they falsely assumed football wasn't that important to him.

Having said that, the Cowboys might be wise to let him go after the 2021 season. Cooper has a long history of lower body injuries. His five year, $100 million deal is actually a two year, $40 million deal with three team options tacked on. I think re-signing Michael Gallup and (eventually) CeeDee Lamb is the best way to build the receiving corps of the future.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Games over 100 yards for Amari Cooper

2020 2 out of 9

2019 4 out of 16

2018 4 out of 16

2017 2 out of 16

2016 4 out of 16

2015 5 out of 16

TOTAL 21 out of 89 23.6%

Games under 50 yards for Amari Cooper

2020 2 out of 9

2019 7 out of 16

2018 8 out of 16

2017 9 out of 16

2016 6 out of 16

2015 8 out of 16

TOTAL 40 out of 89 45%

Not sure how you can say Cooper is one of the best when stats clearly show he only shows up less than a quarter of the time in making a big impact on a game while he completely disappears nearly half the time.
Of all the brain dead statistics to trot out.. So any time a receiver has less than 100 yards he "didn't show up?" Really? Tyreek Hill has 1 100 yard game this year out of 9 playing with either the best or second best QB in the league.. Wonder if he makes an impact on their games. Julio Jones has 1 more 100 yard game this year than Cooper.. also while playing with a top 10 QB.. Cut him.. Robert Woods has one LESS than Cooper. He needs to give back his paychecks. Up and down the receiver leader board there are dozens of guys getting MUCH better QB play than Cooper has the last 4 games but not performing a whole lot better.. and in some cases performing significantly worse. I won't waste my time explaining how a guy who commands extra attention from the defense creates opportunities for his teammates.. Remember how great Gallup looked last year when Coop couldn't go or was hobbled? Yeah.. me neither..

Mannix

Reaction score
=====Cooper is putting up stellar numbers this year, even with bum QBs

Empty numbers....just like Demarcus Ware's sack numbers. Yes...I said it....not taking it back either. Name one sack at a crucial moment in a crucial game.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
=====Cooper is putting up stellar numbers this year, even with bum QBs

Empty numbers....just like Demarcus Ware's sack numbers. Yes...I said it....not taking it back either. Name one sack at a crucial moment in a crucial game.

Big sack in the 4th quarter against the saints one year, ended their undefeated season. It was a sack fumble.

Ended the game, with the saints driving to tie up

Last edited:

Them

Reaction score
Pppffttt!...Speaking of "bad body language" someone should tell Graham to go watch some tape on that worthless QB of his!...:angry:

Mannix

Reaction score
-----Big sack in the 4th quarter against the saints one year, ended their undefeated season. It was a sack fumble.

Ended the game, with the saints driving to tie up

Do not remember that....but if true, it no doubt sent us on a rocket ship upward into a 34-3 divisional round loss

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Of all the brain dead statistics to trot out.. So any time a receiver has less than 100 yards he "didn't show up?" Really? Tyreek Hill has 1 100 yard game this year out of 9 playing with either the best or second best QB in the league.. Wonder if he makes an impact on their games. Julio Jones has 1 more 100 yard game this year than Cooper.. also while playing with a top 10 QB.. Cut him.. Robert Woods has one LESS than Cooper. He needs to give back his paychecks. Up and down the receiver leader board there are dozens of guys getting MUCH better QB play than Cooper has the last 4 games but not performing a whole lot better.. and in some cases performing significantly worse. I won't waste my time explaining how a guy who commands extra attention from the defense creates opportunities for his teammates.. Remember how great Gallup looked last year when Coop couldn't go or was hobbled? Yeah.. me neither..

I love the blind Dallas lovers who refuse to see the obvious.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amari has stuck the knife in on the Eagles more than once. He didn’t come out and say a word about the offense that game, but I don’t exactly blame him for dragging a bit. We couldn’t get the ball past the LOS all night.

It’s not ideal, but as sins go, it’s pretty forgivable.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Coop's played 4 games without Dak and got 57 YPG doing it. He's on pace to finish 2020 with 1100 yards, and would have 900 yards even if he played a full 16 games with The Nooch and Garrett Gilbert.

Hate all you want, but he produces rain or shine. Dude's just a stud.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Hate all you want, but he produces rain or shine. Dude's just a stud.

Produced on the road against what great team? ***Tapping fingers on table*** That's what I thought.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
-------Hate all you want, but he produces rain or shine. Dude's just a stud.

Produced on the road against what great team? ***Tapping fingers on table*** That's what I thought.
Lol... I like that you actually didn't give the guy a chance to respond!
Now that's professional debating folks!

Mannix

Reaction score
------Lol... I like that you actually didn't give the guy a chance to respond!

Didn't the great Jimmy Johnson tell his team that the best way to handle a bear is to just walk up and punch it in the face.....same kinda deal really..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
------Lol... I like that you actually didn't give the guy a chance to respond!

Didn't the great Jimmy Johnson tell his team that the best way to handle a bear is to just walk up and punch it in the face.....same kinda deal really..
Well alrighty then!