Speculation: Brandon Graham speaks on Amari's "poor body language"

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Amari Cooper is one of the best in the game at what he does. We don't need him to change anything about his personality. He just needs to keep getting open and catching the ball. He is a quiet, introspective, cerebral player.. If you don't like it go watch another team..

Johnny23

Reaction score
Amari Cooper is one of the best in the game at what he does. We don't need him to change anything about his personality. He just needs to keep getting open and catching the ball. He is a quiet, introspective, cerebral player.. If you don't like it go watch another team..
Ronnie the problem even Raiders fans had with Cooper is when he goes into the tank and completely disappeared. Just was god awful with all his talents. He's a frustratingly enigmatic guy. That's just who he is. I personally don't care for the mopping around but I don't want to watch another team. I say this as someone who is okay with having him on the team.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Remember Taco and Marinelli having the 'man talk?'

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli expects certain qualities in his players. These are basic things that revolve around effort and character. Hustle to the ball, hard work, proper body language and attitude. These are things that are totally in the control of a player. Everyone can achieve these things if they put their mind to it. Some players won’t have the talent or the physical gifts to elevate their game to the next level, but everyone one of them can put out maximum effort and come to work with a good attitude.

2019, “I think so,” Marinelli said if Charlton’s body language has improved. “That’s a big part of playing -- what you show your opponent. Are you standing up straight, your chest, good play, bad play doesn’t matter. Nobody sees you tired.”

garyo1954

Reaction score

You can't make me watch another team. And I don't have to like a sulker, who came here a known sulker. Nope. Don't work like that.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
That's not fair though. How would Randy or TO react to playing with Dinnuchi?
T.O. balled in Philly no matter who the QB was. While he was there, his attitude was crazy at times but he always played hard while in the game. Looking back, a lot of Eagle fans I know would have kept TO and dumped McNabb.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Because fans on this forum are bored and angry with their team so they post garbage coming from an eagles player to try and get other cowboys fans to fight with them.
Pretty pathetic really.

Can you imagine using anything said by an eagles player who is trying to boost himself up with his "trash" talking ability as a tool to try to fight with people who like the same team you do? Its weird and sad.
The Cowboys could be 9-0 and this thread would be exactly the same lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ronnie the problem even Raiders fans had with Cooper is when he goes into the tank and completely disappeared. Just was god awful with all his talents. He's a frustratingly enigmatic guy. That's just who he is. I personally don't care for the mopping around but I don't want to watch another team. I say this as someone who is okay with having him on the team.

Receivers can be taken away with coverages. They can double him.. and even if they are not doubling teams can do things to take away In those times the QB is supposed to find someone else.. I don't think he mopes around.. I think he is just a consistently low key guy. He's the same when up 3 TDs as he is when he's down 3 TDs. There is a value in that.. Sure there is also value in passionate hair on fire guys too.. . but not every guy needs to be the same for a team to be successful.. In fact I would offer that the most successful teams have a mixture of personality types.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Amari coopers body language does suck at times.

he is also a stud who makes big plays and can dominate and take over games if the QB actually gets him the ball.

cooper also plays hard. And always has played hard.

So who the heck cares about his body language.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Receivers can be taken away with coverages. They can double him.. and even if they are not doubling teams can do things to take away In those times the QB is supposed to find someone else.. I don't think he mopes around.. I think he is just a consistently low key guy. He's the same when up 3 TDs as he is when he's down 3 TDs. There is a value in that.. Sure there is also value in passionate hair on fire guys too.. . but not every guy needs to be the same for a team to be successful.. In fact I would offer that the most successful teams have a mixture of personality types.
Agreed. He reminds me of Donald Driver (low key, very technical but not flashy). Considering WR is arguably the most common position to have toxic self centered divas i'm actually okay with having a Donald Driver type on the team.

The Natural

Reaction score
You guys talking about him not smiling are missing the point. Its the complete body language, when did you ever see Kawhi Leonard with his shoulders slouched moping around the court getting talked out of his game? He’s a silent killer, Amari is more of a front runner. No real comparison between the two.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Agreed. He reminds me of Donald Driver (low key, very technical but not flashy). Considering WR is arguably the most common position to have toxic self centered divas i'm actually okay with having a Donald Driver type on the team.

Stick with this topic long enough and people will inevitably bring up his contract... Until Jerry asks me to contribute money to pay these guys I am not going to waste any of my time worrying about their contracts. The only thing I listen for when they announce contracts is how cap friendly the deal is or isn't. If they structure it so that if the guy plays up to it we get great play but we can get out of it within a relatively short timeframe if they don't I honestly could care less what they choose to pay him. Cooper has put up top 5 receiver production in Dallas. He has played through a myriad of injuries and now has had to adapt to 4 QBs in the last 5 weeks. And people are mad cause he is too chill for their tastes? GTFOH!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He mind reads that his trash talking was effective. Maybe. Or maybe Cooper just found his trash talk boring.

I find it so weird that people get on Cooper so much for being a quiet guy.

Yeah even weirder is that some of the same people said Dez needed to shut up and play.. There is just no pleasing some people.

jnday

Reaction score
Cooper can play great in certain situations, but he can also disappear when they need him the most. I am not going to defend Cooper when the statements made about him are true.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Games over 100 yards for Amari Cooper

2020 2 out of 9

2019 4 out of 16

2018 4 out of 16

2017 2 out of 16

2016 4 out of 16

2015 5 out of 16

TOTAL 21 out of 89 23.6%

Games under 50 yards for Amari Cooper

2020 2 out of 9

2019 7 out of 16

2018 8 out of 16

2017 9 out of 16

2016 6 out of 16

2015 8 out of 16

TOTAL 40 out of 89 45%

Not sure how you can say Cooper is one of the best when stats clearly show he only shows up less than a quarter of the time in making a big impact on a game while he completely disappears nearly half the time.

Big_D

Reaction score
Games over 100 yards for Amari Cooper

2020 2 out of 9

2019 4 out of 16

2018 4 out of 16

2017 2 out of 16

2016 4 out of 16

2015 5 out of 16

TOTAL 21 out of 89 23.6%

Games under 50 yards for Amari Cooper

2020 2 out of 9

2019 7 out of 16

2018 8 out of 16

2017 9 out of 16

2016 6 out of 16

2015 8 out of 16

TOTAL 40 out of 89 45%

Not sure how you can say Cooper is one of the best when stats clearly show he only shows up less than a quarter of the time in making a big impact on a game while he completely disappears nearly half the time.

and he never had more than 8 scores. He’s good, not 100 million good. For the overall improvement of the team and being able to spread the wealth you have to find this production cheaper. This team never knows when to move on. Team can’t look any more pathetic and fans still defend it?