Speculation: Cowboys Front runners for Lamar Miller

robjay04

Reaction score
I love the way our front office is reluctant to chase people in free agency now but sometimes you have to chase a little bit when you have a QB that only has 2 seasons tops. A contract paying Miller the amount he wants yearly with front loaded guarantees will not stop us from signing our OL.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Lol. Even if we lose the nfce garrett will still be here unfortunately.

53658030.jpg

TheFinisher

Reaction score
They've hit on like 3 or 4 players combined in the past 4 drafts, what is this "youth movement" we've saving out dollars for? A center and a guard or two? lmao

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If Miller goes to Houston; Doug Martin is next on my wish list.

After Ezekiel Elliott, none of the rookie backs really looks like the answer to me.

ghst187

Reaction score
You don't have to use that pick on a running back.

True but RB is removed from the draft calculus in this very thin RB draft class. I would have to think we will seriously consider Elliott with the four pick or Henry with our second pick and I'd love to use our top picks on positions of need with deeper talent like DT and DB and LB or even QB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
True but RB is removed from the draft calculus in this very thin RB draft class. I would have to think we will seriously consider Elliott with the four pick or Henry with our second pick and I'd love to use our top picks on positions of need with deeper talent like DT and DB and LB or even QB

I'm not against that but Elliot......his a guy that can keep Romo healthy his blocking as well as his running and that's something that needs to be looked at.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm not against that but Elliot......his a guy that can keep Romo healthy his blocking as well as his running and that's something that needs to be looked at.

Totally agree I love Elliott but I'd prefer getting miller and going another direction in the draft than RB

AzorAhai

Reaction score

Its pure stupidity to draft a RB at 4. It's a 4 year contract for 25 million guaranteed. It also takes a high value pick away. To top it off, you lose the ability to fill another hole that would be expensive in FA for cheap by doing it. For example a top CB, OT, DE, or DT will get paid much more in FA than the 4th pick is slotted to make.

It's much more efficient to draft a RB later or just sign one in FA. I can't understand why people are so opposed to paying a RB in FA, but turn around and want to pay just as much or more by taking Zeke at 4 AND using a premium pick to do it.

jjktkk

Reaction score

Where did you hear this rb class is"very thin"? This rb class in this draft is loaded.

ghst187

Reaction score
Where did you hear this rb class is"very thin"? This rb class in this draft is loaded.

I watched them play. After Elliott it's a huge drop off and I'm not 100% certain any of the others will even be good in the pros. Last years class was much better and next years class should be fantastic, but this year.... Meh

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
If Miller goes to Houston; Doug Martin is next on my wish list.

After Ezekiel Elliott, none of the rookie backs really looks like the answer to me.

Martin will get more money and has more teams intereates. Martin Isn't coming here.
I see no way dallas uses a first for elliot either. Not looking good.