SPECULATION: Cowboys looking to trade up for Clowney ?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
So you would not consider that a stupid move giving up 3 players for 1? I'm not saying we should get Clowney given some serious question but if there was a player you felt that strongly about then sometime it is worth the price.

You weren't talking to me, but I believe in the modern NFL, no single player is worth 3 players unless:

1. It's a surefire QB and you're at rock bottom anyway.
2. You're a SB contender and your window is closing because of veteran contracts, but you need that last piece of the puzzle for one last shot.
3. It's an obvious disparity in trade, like you're getting a Calvin Johnson player in return for 3 Jeff Heaths. But that's obviously not going to ever happen.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This draft just seems to odd to figure out. Maybe it's the extra 2 weeks.

I know I need to watch less NFLN and ESPN because my brain is on draft overload.

BTW the avatar is awesome. I remember those days quite vividly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You weren't talking to me, but I believe in the modern NFL, no single player is worth 3 players unless:

2. You're a SB contender and your window is closing because of veteran contracts, but you need that last piece of the puzzle for one last shot.
3. It's an obvious disparity in trade, like you're getting a Calvin Johnson player in return for 3 Jeff Heaths. But that's obviously not going to ever happen.

To me it really depends on the player you are going after and how confident you are in his ability. In this draft I agree there is not 1 player I would be willing to give up 3 player for 1

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This draft just seems to odd to figure out. Maybe it's the extra 2 weeks.
The extra two weeks have done nothing but cloud things even more due to over analysis. I guess that was part of the design.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I know I need to watch less NFLN and ESPN because my brain is on draft overload.

BTW the avatar is awesome. I remember those days quite vividly.

I'm with you. I'm taking this weekend off from those networks, but it doesn't help be glued to CZ.

The good old days, feels like yesterday, TD took that handoff and 99.5 yards later he was in the end zone.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
The extra two weeks have done nothing but cloud things even more due to over analysis. I guess that was part of the design.

Could be. I was watching NFLN last night and they had the '84 draft on and it was in May. Don't know when they switched to April.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Claiborne=new Coakley.

I don't see how putting him a deal sweetes it. That's why this sounds so phony.

Yeah, I can't imagine he has much value at this point. Some team who loved him coming out might want to give him a look, but I bet only for cheap.

Alexander

Reaction score
Could be. I was watching NFLN last night and they had the '84 draft on and it was in May. Don't know when they switched to April.

That was also when few people watched the draft and Kiper's very first. It was funny to watch how it used to be and then to see what it has become.

I still remember cutting classes to watch the draft on ESPN when it was just Zimmerman and to figure out who the player was, there was just a screen scroll periodically.

Alexander

Reaction score
Claiborne=new Coakley.

I don't see how putting him a deal sweetes it. That's why this sounds so phony.
Oh come on. I am sure there just has to be some idiot GM somewhere that thought he was the best corner since Deion.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
That was also when few people watched the draft and Kiper's very first. It was funny to watch how it used to be and then to see what it has become.

I still remember cutting classes to watch the draft on ESPN when it was just Zimmerman and to figure out who the player was, there was just a screen scroll periodically.

Pretty amazing what it's become, that's for sure.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Not saying I agree with Hoge just found the comments interesting to go along with the combine write up on Clowney which suggest some of the same weakness that Hoge points too.

Hoge also insinuated that Michael Sam would end up having a better career than Clowney. He should have been fired on the spot after making a comment like that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoge also insinuated that Michael Sam would end up having a better career than Clowney. He should have been fired on the spot after making a comment like that.

for having an opinion? Geez you fire everyone who makes lame comments from these shows you would be looking at a blank TV screen. lol

Wayne02

Reaction score
for having an opinion? Geez you fire everyone who makes lame comments from these shows you would be looking at a blank TV screen. lol

That's not just an opinion, that is just stupid and being the worst kind of shock jock imaginable.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nice post. I agree. It's just too risky. Say the one player you end up getting gets hurt and what do you have to show for it? Simply too risky and at least as it relates to our situation right now, we simply have way too many holes to fill to try something this stupid.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not just an opinion, that is just stupid and being the worst kind of shock jock imaginable.

I don't know. I can see Clowney not working out in the NFL. Look back at any draft and you'll see can't-miss-sure-fire top 5 picks who miss. It's far from an exact science.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I don't know. I can see Clowney not working out in the NFL. Look back at any draft and you'll see can't-miss-sure-fire top 5 picks who miss. It's far from an exact science.

I'm not saying that Clowney will be the next Reggie White, but Michael Sam may not ever see the field in the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

No it is an opinion, we don't know what Clowny will or will not do in the NFL he could be a major bust and with Sams we have no idea of what his career will or will not be. Hell there are late draft picks who have had greater careers than the top draft pick in a draft.

In 2000 Courtney Brown 1st overall pick Tom Brady 199th pick? You never know