Speculation: Dix to play free safety

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. I don’t want another 5-7 rounder.

anything in the first 3 rounds would be great. 4th would be ok.
It just depends who it is. Like when they got Woods I was amped because I knew he was a steal that late. These JJ Wilcox, Kwasi, Frazier type picks....glorified special team guys.

JBS

Reaction score
It just depends who it is. Like when they got Woods I was amped because I knew he was a steal that late. These JJ Wilcox, Kwasi, Frazier type picks....glorified special team guys.

You knew woods was a steal...that's nice

To bad he hasn't amounted to anything

Kaiser

Reaction score
I agree. I don’t want another 5-7 rounder.

anything in the first 3 rounds would be great. 4th would be ok.

Agree, I haven't gone in depth yet but it sounds like the second tier safeties like Winfield or Duggar are the best value.

dogberry

Reaction score
Does Woods have the skill to play cornerback?

Now I will go back and read the rest of the thread.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Kinlaw isn’t there at 17, McKinney is a definite upgrade over Woods.
I think theres a very good chance he is there, but an even better chance he is not BPA.

That aside, fully agreed that McK is an upgrade over Woods.

TheHerd

Reaction score
This is another move about making sure we don't go into the draft with absolute requirements. Ha Ha isn't a stud, but we aren't forced to draft a safety at 17 now. This has been the philosophy for a long time, so no surprises from the FO.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I realize no one thinks so, but watch and see if Delpit doesnt slide into Friday. Maybe not 51, but into the 40s.

Winfield and/or Duggar should theoretically be there in that case.

I'd feel much better if the starting safeties are say....Clinton-Dix and Winfield as opposed to Heath and Woods.

McCoy helps. Gregory and Irving can contribute as well. Maybe a new position coach get get some accountability out of #54.

If the draft goes well they can very well win the offseason. Heres to hope....

JBS

Reaction score
What do you mean? He’s a starter and you found him in the 6th round. That amounted to something.

Like you, many people thought he was better than a 6th round player...it wouldn't be sincere to suggest he's lived up to the expectations many have had of him..sure, on paper..6th rounder..average to below average starter..that's a win..but that isn't what people expected

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Like you, many people thought he was better than a 6th round player...it wouldn't be sincere to suggest he's lived up to the expectations many have had of him..sure, on paper..6th rounder..average to below average starter..that's a win..but that isn't what people expected

What the hell was expected? He's been solid? Star? No. Not even a Pro Bowler. But he's been solid.

JBS

Reaction score
What the hell was expected? He's been solid? Star? No. Not even a Pro Bowler. But he's been solid.

Interesting that you knew woods was a steal as a 6th round pick and your only expectation was for him to be a below average starting safety that produces almost no plays...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Interesting that you knew woods was a steal as a 6th round pick and your only expectation was for him to be a below average starting safety that produces almost no plays...

So wait what do you consider a steal? I consider a steal in the 3rd round if he's a starter. In the 6th round i'm expecting a special teams rotational player at best. He's a starter for us. He doesn't generate turnovers. Ok. Byron didn't either. That doesnt' mean Byron was a bad player.

Just a year ago.....

DRella

Reaction score
Woods amounted to nothing?

Some people haven't got a clue. He has gotten better every season since being drafted. You have a starter from the 6th round that continues to get stronger. Putting HaHA next to him is an upgrade versus Heath!!!! That's a win.

JBS

Reaction score
So wait what do you consider a steal? I consider a steal in the 3rd round if he's a starter. In the 6th round i'm expecting a special teams rotational player at best. He's a starter for us. He doesn't generate turnovers. Ok. Byron didn't either. That doesnt' mean Byron was a bad player.

Just a year ago.....

The ceiling for woods was a guy who could come in here and be a playmaker..most people thought of him as a 3rd or 4th rd talent..the expectations for him probably weren't realistic...I mean, the team drafted the guy bc a local radio station guy told them to draft him for crying out loud..

HungryLion

Reaction score

Agreed. I haven’t been following the draft closely this year. Busy with work and the family, but I suppose I mean a safety who is “graded” in a premium round.

If a 2nd or 3rd round graded safety, that the scouts believe can be a starter falls into round 4 or 5. That’s even better.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Agree, I haven't gone in depth yet but it sounds like the second tier safeties like Winfield or Duggar are the best value.

I honestly haven’t been following players closely this year. I just want somebody the scouts believe can be a starter and is worthy of a round 3 pick or better. Not somebody the scouts believe is a late round project.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The ceiling for woods was a guy who could come in here and be a playmaker..most people thought of him as a 3rd or 4th rd talent..the expectations for him probably weren't realistic...I mean, the team drafted the guy bc a local radio station guy told them to draft him for crying out loud..
That is not why they drafted him lol. They liked Woods prior to the draft or before 1053 suggested it lol. And whether or not he was projected to go in the 3rd or 4th is moot. He was a 6th round pick because no one felt the need to take him earlier. So I grade him based on being a 6th rounder.