Spoke to my insider today 2/25

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
was a really quick convo because I was in a rush and he looked pretty busy too.

First he told me "I told you so" because he was telling me mid season the coaches and several players really didn't like Hardy and he swore Hardy would be gone after the season. He really doesn't like Hardy so he was happy about that situation.

Then I asked him about the draft and he said they still like Wentz a lot but he will most likely be picked by Cleveland. Said that they really like Bosa. I asked about Spence and he told me he's not an option. But that they REALLY like Bosa. He was very emphatic about that.

He also told me that Lynch would be an option in a trade back or if he slipped to 2 (that's pretty obvious). But he also said we like Connor Cook in the 2nd which surprised me. They're comfortable waiting on QB because they believe in Romo.

Outside of those guys he said we like Elliott RB but not enough to spend a 1st on him, but said we will absolutely use a 2nd on Derrick Henry if he's available. This surprised me because I didn't think we'd value him that high.

I wanted to talk more but I had to go. Not sure when I'll see him again but I'll post about it if I do.

Another D End that can't lay off the reefer for..... Great.

JBS

Reaction score
If this team isn't going to take a qb at 4

They better go all in during free agency

I'm talking about Commanders style spending (of the past) and going all in...

Mario Williams
Lamar Miller
Eric Berry
T. Johnson

Not one of them...all of them

Carson

Reaction score
If this team isn't going to take a qb at 4

They better go all in during free agency

I'm talking about Commanders style spending (of the past) and going all in...

Mario Williams
Lamar Miller
Eric Berry
T. Johnson

Not one of them...all of them

Seriously. When's the last time a team won Free Agency and won the Super Bowl (Outside of the Broncos of last year)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Your correct but when will we draft this high again?

Could be next year. Could be the year after. Could be we'll have to trade up to get our QB. Point is it isn't our last chance to get a franchise QB if we don't draft one this year.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Your correct but when will we draft this high again?

According to the wisdom around here we will pick this high every year since Romo will break his collarbone every year going forward.

Also, if we pick in our customary middle of the round 8-8 spot I wonder why the 3rd/4th best quarterback in a deeper draft can't be just as good as the 2nd/3rd best in this draft. Surely there will be a new batch of overhyped, oversized robo QBs from community colleges to get hyped about.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah I don't like cook at all, don't really love Bosa all that much to use a 4th on him. I like Spence who we apparently aren't interested in, and I wanted to see us go DT in Rd 2.
So I'm right there with you brotha!

Two punishments for ecstacy...no thank you for Spence. I would take a defensive tackle at the top of two also. Then RB and QB, with a CB in the 4th as well.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Please not Cook in the 2nd! I don't even like him in the 3rd. I think we'll have better options than Henry in the 2nd. I'm not a huge fan of Bosa at #4 but if he's the consensus top DL in the draft (which he appears to be at this point), it's probably a solid pick.

conner01

Reaction score
But would Bosa or any other player help as that much as a rookie? 6 sacks for a rookie is quite an achievement. If he gets 6 sacks out of the gate, he matches Hardy...we went 4-12 with Hardy.

No rookie is going to help us if Romo goes down...we are picking in the top 10 regardless but I would rather our future QB be getting those valuable snaps.

Typically the one position that can really impact the first year is RB
Not that I would take a RB at 4
I like Bosa but not sure he is a dominate pass rusher. I'm no scout but I've watched him and love his motor and attitude but doesn't strike me as a guy who will get you double digit sacks each year but time will tell

Solution

Reaction score
And when Romo goes down again for the season, we can celebrate another 4-12 outting. :)

This logic is so silly to me. Ok you're right and Romo goes down for the season again. Oh sweet, another top pick to get a QB next year. Ok you're wrong and Romo does not go down for the season. Oh sweet, a bad *** d-line to help out Romo in one of his few remaining years.

Win win, no?

DTown214

Reaction score
This logic is so silly to me. Ok you're right and Romo goes down for the season again. Oh sweet, another top pick to get a QB next year. Ok you're wrong and Romo does not go down for the season. Oh sweet, a bad *** d-line to help out Romo in one of his few remaining years.

Win win, no?

You nailed it.