Spoke to my insider today 2/25

The Natural

Reaction score
Looks like another year without investing highly into the interior of the DL

Aven8

Reaction score
How do the QBs look that are projected for 2017 draft. We can always get a QB next year because I cant see this thing getting fixed in one off season

Patrick Mahomes baby! Better than Went and Goff IMO. Has the "it" factor already as a sophomore.

If we want the winning formula back get Henry in the 2nd.

CashMan

Reaction score
was a really quick convo because I was in a rush and he looked pretty busy too.

First he told me "I told you so" because he was telling me mid season the coaches and several players really didn't like Hardy and he swore Hardy would be gone after the season. He really doesn't like Hardy so he was happy about that situation.

Then I asked him about the draft and he said they still like Wentz a lot but he will most likely be picked by Cleveland. Said that they really like Bosa. I asked about Spence and he told me he's not an option. But that they REALLY like Bosa. He was very emphatic about that.

He also told me that Lynch would be an option in a trade back or if he slipped to 2 (that's pretty obvious). But he also said we like Connor Cook in the 2nd which surprised me. They're comfortable waiting on QB because they believe in Romo.

Outside of those guys he said we like Elliott RB but not enough to spend a 1st on him, but said we will absolutely use a 2nd on Derrick Henry if he's available. This surprised me because I didn't think we'd value him that high.

I wanted to talk more but I had to go. Not sure when I'll see him again but I'll post about it if I do.

Good stuff! Thanks.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Even with the Gregory suspension, I just don't like Bosa. I guess it could be worse, because I really don't like Ramsey at #4. Ideally, I'd like to trade down and take Lynch, but with QBs, you never know who wants who. I guess if SF wanted Goff, I'd trade with them, that's likely a safe spot where PHI or STL won't move up for Lynch, but I really do not want to miss out on one of the top 3 QBs.

My guess is they would have to trade up into the first for Lynch.

silver

Reaction score
I would be OK with Prescott in the 3rd round. If that means DE and RB in the first two so be it.

robjay04

Reaction score
Drafting a Qb probably wouldn't change that though I'm all got taking a QB in the first . But to me taking a QB is not about this season but the future
The real argument is when romo retires and we don't have a QB or have to give half a draft to get one

But would Bosa or any other player help as that much as a rookie? 6 sacks for a rookie is quite an achievement. If he gets 6 sacks out of the gate, he matches Hardy...we went 4-12 with Hardy.

No rookie is going to help us if Romo goes down...we are picking in the top 10 regardless but I would rather our future QB be getting those valuable snaps.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First he told me "I told you so" because he was telling me mid season the coaches and several players really didn't like Hardy and he swore Hardy would be gone after the season. He really doesn't like Hardy so he was happy about that situation.

Then I asked him about the draft and he said they still like Wentz a lot but he will most likely be picked by Cleveland. Said that they really like Bosa. I asked about Spence and he told me he's not an option. But that they REALLY like Bosa. He was very emphatic about that.

He also told me that Lynch would be an option in a trade back or if he slipped to 2 (that's pretty obvious). But he also said we like Connor Cook in the 2nd which surprised me. They're comfortable waiting on QB because they believe in Romo.

Outside of those guys he said we like Elliott RB but not enough to spend a 1st on him, but said we will absolutely use a 2nd on Derrick Henry if he's available. This surprised me because I didn't think we'd value him that high.

I wanted to talk more but I had to go. Not sure when I'll see him again but I'll post about it if I do.

I thank you for sharing this info, it's much appreciated.

That said, I hope it's completely wrong because it paints a nightmare scenario for me!

:banghead:

egn22

Reaction score
I thank you for sharing this info, it's much appreciated.

That said, I hope it's completely wrong because it paints a nightmare scenario for me!

:banghead:

Yeah I don't like cook at all, don't really love Bosa all that much to use a 4th on him. I like Spence who we apparently aren't interested in, and I wanted to see us go DT in Rd 2.
So I'm right there with you brotha!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Nate said he liked Henry for us, too. That's not my favorite option, but whatever.

Don't really love Bosa for us, either, but he makes sense. I'd be ok with using the first two picks on the front 7 or even on the DL if we get something done at QB2 in FA. Though I'd prefer either Wentz or Goff at 4 if one of them's there. I trust Romo, too, but I don't trust him to last forever.

I like Henry's combination of balance, size, and speed. That Alabama ZBS should also help him transition.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then we can draft a QB because Romo will be done at that point. I don't see a rookie QB saving our season if we don't improve the team around him, specifically the defense.

A vet QB didn't save our season last year either, a rookie would have done better...well, Moore didn't do any thing, but he wasn't really a rookie, and was not a draft pick that anything was expected of him.

I would think we would be better off with a rookie if Romo goes down. Maybe the season won't be saved, but he will get experience. Like Aikman did when he came in to play his rookie year. And he turned out alright.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. Not a fan of Henry, at all. Much rather a trade back for Elliott if Lynch isnt there. We will see i guess.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Then we can draft a QB because Romo will be done at that point. I don't see a rookie QB saving our season if we don't improve the team around him, specifically the defense.

Your correct but when will we draft this high again?