Sporting News ranks the coaches

Doomsay

Reaction score
He is the wo
That’s a fair ranking. Not sure I’d rank him that high. One by Sporting News I posted yesterday.

Much better than the “ worse HC in NFL “ or “totally suks “ rhetoric we often hear from the Lynch Mob.
He is the “worse coach in the NFL” because you can’t get rid of his mediocre......

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The “icing his kicker” criticism is maybe the stupidest criticism of Garrett’s coaching that ever been circulated. And that’s saying something with this fan base.
That’s your opinion and only your opinion. The icing the kicker was extremely dumb, a Garrett( it is now officially called), but so was wasting 35-40 seconds prior to the icing the kicker where Garrett did not run a play.

Idgit, what is your favorite, I should say worst “Garrett”( tremendously bonehead coaching move which Jason Garrett is known for)?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Was that the game where he threw Callahan under the bus for playcalling afterward? Where we lost the two MLBs in the second quarter and they went back to trying to score with the passing game? I get the embarrassing GB losses confused.
Your right Garrett has had a lot of embarrassing GB losses. So sad, he keeps getting chance after chance to screw things up in a big game.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
If Dre11 was doing the rankings all 32 coaches would be #1.
Because he’s a coach or has been and not only a fan . He looks at things from that perspective

I can appreciate his perspective at times even though I’ve debated with him

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree, maybe even lower considering the talent he has on this team.

The coaches with more success and talent are ranked higher?

How do we know that some of the greater coaches aren’t on less talented teams?

gmoney112

Reaction score
Hmm.

Can't disagree too much. I think some of the younger coaches who had nice situations, like good QBs, and FOs that had made some nice moves might be a little high for now. Like Lynn, Reich, but they did get the players to play up to their talent so there's that.

Zimmer probably suffers a bit from the FO, they should have just tanked it. Mediocrity with a ridiculous QB contract is pretty much the worst.

Shanahan should be higher, imo. That dude can coach, was behind the Falcons astroturfing everyone on offense, is a big reason McVay is as good as he is, and that Niners team was just terrible. Lost Jimmy G and had a backup putting up some big games with basically Kittle as his #1, abysmal pass defense. Pass offense so devoid of talent they just said screw it and drafted Deebo and Jalen Hurd, then added Kaden Smith. But, that team is going to be pretty decent this year. The pass rush looks ridiculous, adding Dee Ford, Bosa to Buckner, Armstead, Kwon Alexander at LB. I guess their hope is to just pulverize enemy QBs before they can throw it, and stuff the run. Going to be a fun front to watch. Anyways, yeah Shanahan should be higher.

Probably about right for Garrett

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Only coach in our division I'd take over Garrett is Pederson after seeing what he's done in three years. I'm not a Garrett fanboy but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. 12 seems about right in today's NFL.

He’s not 12 by a long shot. But even 12 isn’t good enough for us.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett comes in at sweet #12.

But the description of Garrett was so spot on, especially the part about being forever ranked between 12th and 15th.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...st-coaches-2019/1jnocuy5khamw11m7fennsalvb/12

This article and $1.50 will get you a large coffee at McDonalds.

Ok, I stole that. The original quote was from the Dad of a High School friend when the friend was considering colleges "50 cents and an AA (junior college) degree will get you a cup of coffee".

I could go with my Dad's favorite "worth as much as tits on a boar hog".

Big_D

Reaction score
Again, the stupidest thing he ever did was in the Green Bay game in 2013. The Cowboys had a great running game going and a first half lead of 26-3. Then Garrett abandons the run in the second half and allowed the Packers to come back and win the game--with Matt Flynn playing QB. The Cowboys only ran the ball 7 times in the second half which has to be one of the biggest blunders of any coach. He should have been fired that day, but Jerry still had hopes of him winning the next two games and winning the division, which of course didn't happen.

Don’t remember what year but 4th and inches i think in OT or late in the 4th at Pittsburgh and he motions the RB out wide. lol they didn’t convert and they lost. No real shock there! He absolutely sucks and the reasons why just keep piling up year after year. Unbelievable that some people still defend this garbage. 4th and a yard 5 minutes left in OT and he punts from the other teams 40. That was 2018. The guys a clown! And Jerry’s a POS for keeping him this long!