Sportsline: Same Old Sean Taylor

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Ken said:
:lmao2:
"A partial list of his transgressions includes a $25,000 fine for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium, a drunken driving charge -- eventually dismissed -- that got him benched for one game, and seven fines for late hits and other on-field infractions, including $17,000 for spitting at another player during a playoff game. Then came the no contest plea, which could still lead to a fine or suspension from the NFL. "

Yeah, your right.....TO is much worse. :laugh1:

and Commanders fans say that Roy Williams is dirty! :lmao2:

AtlCB

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Sean Taylor simply takes out the trash.

Both the guys who stole his ATV as well as Michael Pittman (wife beater), are trash.
Has Sean Taylor taken himself out?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
If I one of the top-tier Cowboys players said this:

I'd be pretty pissed. That statement right there tells you EVERYTHING about Taylor's attitude. He views football as a part time job that pays him big money... and he gets to run around doing whatever he wants for half the year.

Hey, I like to rag on Taylor as well as the next guy, but his take on the offseason is hardly surprising, when Clinton Portis defended Taylor's absence last year, talking about a telephone conversation he had with Sean in which he quoted himself as saying "man, we ain't did nothin'" (sic)...

When a self-proclaimed "team leader" sneers at the importance of off-season workouts, how can we reasonably expect the rest of the team to think any different??

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Sean Taylor simply takes out the trash.

A lovely attitude for the son of a police chief to have...

And what a revealing glimpse into your (lack of) character, that you seem to think that's acceptable...

I wonder, is there ANYTHING a Skins player could do that would get you to condemn his activity, or would he have to do something to you personally??

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
This is blown out of proportion, as most media pieces are.

There is a partial audio of some of this interview on ES.

TEK2000

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
This is blown out of proportion, as most media pieces are.

There is a partial audio of some of this interview on ES.

To avoid ES.. you can slip into Commanders.com and watch the video without having to be exposed to too much ridiculous material.

burmafrd

Reaction score
a thug is a thug is a thug. Wonder what kind of police officer his father is to produce a thug like this.

lspain1

Reaction score
We, the fans, are in part responsible for Sean Taylor. Our passion for football and our willingness to pay big bucks to watch it being played at the college and pro levels causes the system to throw first major priveleges and then big bucks at young men. Not every young man handles this very well. I'm not making excuses for Taylor but I'm not surprised this happens from time to time.

That being said, I'm tired of hearing about Sean Taylor. He is an excellent football player who acts like a spoiled and immature kid (which he is). The only thing that might actually surprise me about him is that he straightens up his act.

ghst187

Reaction score
a guy like ST, its only a matter of time before he does something that he CAN'T get out of and can't get off because he's a pro athlete. He'll probably be in jail at some point. He continues to shirk responsibility for his actions so obviously he won't change.
Perhaps, this was the reason for Archuleta.

MossBurner

Reaction score
Why don't you guys go watch the interview at: www.Commanders.com

It is titled Sean Taylor:Friday, and is in the media box on the right-center of the screen.

You will see how far off the media slant is against Sean, pretty typical though. He doesn't come off as arrogant, antagonistic, or attacking in any way. This is first hand evidence of how a reporter can slant an editorial piece in the form of a personal vendetta. Amazing!

MossBurner

Reaction score
MossBurner said:

It is titled Sean Taylor:Friday, and is in the media box on the right-center of the screen.

You will see how far off the media slant is against Sean, pretty typical though. He doesn't come off as arrogant, antagonistic, or attacking in any way. This is first hand evidence of how a reporter can slant an editorial piece in the form of a personal vendetta. Amazing!

I just rewatched the interview and am completely amazed about how wrong that Sportsline article is. Wow. Sean actually comes off as a humble guy with a sense of humor.

MossBurner

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Do you really think anyone believes you, mossb?

Don't believe me. Believe what YOU think when YOU watch the interview. Form your own opinion instead of eating the crap that a bad journalist feeds you.

1fisher

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Don't believe me. Believe what YOU think when YOU watch the interview. Form your own opinion instead of eating the crap that a bad journalist feeds you.

I saw the interview and humble and ST don't fit in the same sentence! Take your colored glasses off homer!:p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MossBurner said:

The part the reporter focused on where he is smug is about 2:30 into the piece until about 3:15 into the piece. Give or take a few seconds here and there.

Overall I thought he was all right. You could tell he let the questions irritate him when they got repeated about the delays, etc. It's really about him accusing the media of "butchering him."

burmafrd

Reaction score
He has NO ONE To blame but himself for what has happened. BUT has he come out and said that?