Spotrac: Off-season team spenders

TheGoat73

Reaction score
They obviously have a bold personnel/cap management strategy that I can only speculate about.

We are in for a spectacular success or spectacular failure over the next 3-4 years is my guess.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
LOL.....Cowboys 32nd

So, what will people say if Dallas wins another 12 games in 2024, having not spent themselves into a hole?

Frankly, I don’t think that will happen because by the time the Cowboys get through spending on Dak, CeeDee, and Micah, they will have spent as much or more than most teams. Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
So, what will people say if Dallas wins another 12 games in 2024, having not spent themselves into a hole?

Frankly, I don’t think that will happen because by the time the Cowboys get through spending on Dak, CeeDee, and Micah, they will have spent as much or more than most teams. Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t happen.
This is exactly what's in the back of my mind. We go 12 wins again, and GLOAT around like this is the new way to build a team etc

Motorola

Reaction score
This off-season is so weird . Just find a trade partner for dak and let’s move on
Two weeks before the draft ...that ship has sailed.
○ teams still needing a QB1 have a draft pick that's higher than the Cowboys' no. 24
○ two teams that might have been potential trade partners - Raiders and Falcons - forged ahead and signed an FA
● was a moot point anyway; odds were Prescott wasn't going to waive his NTC to go to any team IMO

StarLord

Reaction score
A lot of people going to want to hear this, but they went all in the previous 3 years. The van just kicked down the road. This is the result.

Motorola

Reaction score

People would be shocked and extremely impressed, considering the loss of starters and key contributors this current offseason - without significant moves to offset the talent drain to date.
A fourth straight 12-5 record likely results in a second consecutive division title and a definite playoff spot.
But if postseason play still falls short of a divisional round game or beyond...many Cowboys fans will still be disappointed.

Carson

Reaction score
A lot of people going to want to hear this, but they went all in the previous 3 years. The van just kicked down the road. This is the result.
lol trading for an old Gilmore and Cooks is not going all in

Reaction score
That's really it, Dak and Zeke's contracts were the "all-in" along with adding defensive help and WRs. Now the bill has come due with possibly more mortgaging on the horizon. When Jerry said "all in" I think he really meant that everything was on the line this season for the coach and the QB. If they tank, they're out.