Spotrac projects a 3 year, $180M extension for Dak Prescott

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So? I’d trade them both if this dude is getting 76m a year. So basically that contract says he’s better than Mahomes (which people on here believe) well let’s go get some mid WR’s and use the assets from CL and MP and stack the defense get a good back and bet on this QB win a chip like Mahomes with mid WRs. The problem is he can’t.
Mahomes won a chip with a great defense and good weapons yall really trying to devalue his team to make him God…..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are a small amount of fans here (AC) that I've been debating with yesterday and today that think dak and the team has been successful for the last 8 years. He claims I'm too old to know what success is....lo
Not sure why we’d focus on or place much credence in what a small amount of fans think. Especially if they are aligned with our owner.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
A Texans fan that wants to be on a Cowboys board.

If my team had a young very promising QB like CJ Stroud, I would want to be there talking about him.
And not on another teams board constantly talking about that teams QB.
Let's be honest here....

You talk about and defend Dak as if he's a promising QB.

The QB doesn't have to be young, promising, or even good. If he has a star on his helmet some of ya'll think you're not real fans unless you defend em lolololololololol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's be honest here....

You talk about and defend Dak as if he's a promising QB.

The QB doesn't have to be young, promising, or even good. If he has a star on his helmet some of ya'll think you're not real fans unless you defend em lolololololololol
I did not say Dak was promising nor was I defending him.
comprehension issues?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Mahomes won a chip with a great defense and good weapons yall really trying to devalue his team to make him God…..

Who devalued his team? His WRs are mid. I said stack this defense which would imply building the team like they have. Look, we get it you’re a dak guy so of course your stance is to dismiss and criticize when Mahomes is mentioned, and nobody is making Mahomes a “god” (weird choice of words) he’s the best in the game it’s odd you’d dismiss him like that. But hey we get it, he ain’t Dak.

MetalMike

Reaction score
If there is any truth to this upcoming deal it would be the stupidest contract ever. Two playoff wins in 8 years. Consistently can't beat good teams. No defense to help out. Jerry needs a psyche-eval because if he agrees to this he's insane. And we all know the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So? I’d trade them both if this dude is getting 76m a year. So basically that contract says he’s better than Mahomes (which people on here believe) well let’s go get some mid WR’s and use the assets from CL and MP and stack the defense get a good back and bet on this QB win a chip like Mahomes with mid WRs. The problem is he can’t.
Receiving a new Market Price contract doesn’t mean he’s better than Mahomes. And I haven’t seen anyone say Dak is better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who devalued his team? His WRs are mid. I said stack this defense which would imply building the team like they have. Look, we get it you’re a dak guy so of course your stance is to dismiss and criticize when Mahomes is mentioned, and nobody is making Mahomes a “god” (weird choice of words) he’s the best in the game it’s odd you’d dismiss him like that. But hey we get it, he ain’t Dak.
I’m not a Dak guy and I agree Mahomes is the best. But there’s also several Elite QB’s and better QB’s than Dak who didn’t win a championship this year.

I think most Cowboy fans are more in the middle on Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If there is any truth to this upcoming deal it would be the stupidest contract ever. Two playoff wins in 8 years. Consistently can't beat good teams. No defense to help out. Jerry needs a psyche-eval because if he agrees to this he's insane. And we all know the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
Anyone who’s followed the Cowboys owner realizes why he’s All In on Dak.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
What a foolish decision this would be of the FO.

I just have a hard time believing there isn't one single person whispering into Jerry's ear that this would be a massive mistake. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Receiving a new Market Price contract doesn’t mean he’s better than Mahomes. And I haven’t seen anyone say Dak is better.
Which other FA QB is getting an extension like this? Is Goff going to get more? He’s had more success than Dak and doesn’t appear to be getting a mega extension like that. So who setting that market? Dallas is.

I won’t tag a poster or dig up old posts but I recall one specific guy who has stated it. I haven’t seen that poster in a while, but towards of the end of the season there was a thread here probably the MVP one and he stated it there that one stands out to me. I’m sure that thread has others who agreed.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It’s not even really hate. It’s just turning into facts. He can beat the bottom 2/3rds of the league… but when it’s a good actual superbowl contender … he does not perform at the level the team needs.
Love Dak (He's not the one overpaying his bank account, Jerald is) but disgusted with his play against solid teams and his annual choke job.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak guy and I agree Mahomes is the best. But there’s also several Elite QB’s and better QB’s than Dak who didn’t win a championship this year.

I think most Cowboy fans are more in the middle on Dak.
Venture on over to Twitter and you’ll see the amount of support. I wholeheartedly disagree with you that cowboy fans are more in the middle on Dak, I think the majority are more than happy with him and his regular season success. You mention anything other than support on tweets on and you’ll get vitriol from his supporters there. It’s tame here in comparison.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Venture on over to Twitter and you’ll see the amount of support. I wholeheartedly disagree with you that cowboy fans are more in the middle on Dak, I think the majority are more than happy with him and his regular season success. You mention anything other than support on tweets on and you’ll get vitriol from his supporters there. It’s tame here in comparison.
Like most social media the extremes on both sides are a very vocal minority.

Most fans more in the middle are turned off by the extremes and choose not to participate.

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which other FA QB is getting an extension like this? Is Goff going to get more? He’s had more success than Dak and doesn’t appear to be getting a mega extension like that. So who setting that market? Dallas is.

I won’t tag a poster or dig up old posts but I recall one specific guy who has stated it. I haven’t seen that poster in a while, but towards of the end of the season there was a thread here probably the MVP one and he stated it there that one stands out to me. I’m sure that thread has others who agreed.
Are there any other Franchise QB’s who are set to get new contracts this season.

The Market Price goes up every year.

Burrows, Herbert and Jackson last year all got over 50 mil per season which was more than Mahomes just off the top of my head.

Next year will be someone else.