News: ST: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett had fun, but no surprise NFC struggled to score in Pro Bowl

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The failure was not Dak or any of the players. They were completely unprepared. I mean Russell was sacked 4 times. Dak actually was a bit of a bright spot in an otherwise mess of an effort by the NFC.

How much preparation can there be with just a few days of limited practice in a carnival setting filled with dodge ball, dunking booths and goofing around with fans and media? It seemed to me the NFL O-Line simply thought they were going through the motions, and the AFC D-Line took advantage by actually rushing the QB.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that was pretty hit coop in the facemask and he miss timed getting his hands up..that would have been another td..
It looked like he sped up to get under it, but either he sped up to much or the wind slowed the ball down. Didn't see a good replay.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How much preparation can there be with just a few days of limited practice in a carnival setting filled with dodge ball, dunking booths and goofing around with fans and media? It seemed to me the NFL O-Line simply thought they were going through the motions, and the AFC D-Line took advantage by actually rushing the QB.
Exactly what I was thinking. I doubt the coaches were playing 2 Mississippis like the OL was.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett had fun, but no surprise NFC struggled to score in Pro Bowl

image.jpg

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott threw a fourth-quarter touchdown pass as the NFC avoided the first shut out in the history of the Pro Bowl. The AFC won 26-7. Jason Garrett led the NFC coaching staff.

Read Full Story

Bahahaha I expected to see a post like this but not from the "mod squad". It's a frickin meaningless pro-bowl game and I didn't even watch it. I did see that we pulled some new, wrinkle plays. Isn't that what all y'all wanted, new stuff? Jeez some fans! :facepalm::laugh:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It was a pointless, effortless game in which nobody cared about anything but having fun. One week to prepare a bunch of guys who don't play together, for a game they don't care about, with officials who blow the whistle as soon as the ball carrier is touched.
:thumbup:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Obviously another slow news day when I open up fanzone and see another discussion about the pro-bowl. I had bacon and eggs for breakfast. Discuss that lol

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Did you see the Eagles OL? On every play he'd block once, then put his hands down and let the defensive player come through. I doubt the coaches taught him that.

I watched 3 plays I think. The last of which was him "blocking" Myles Garrett. He backed away, and Garrett just kind of stopped, Wilson pretty much stopped, and they were both just standing there a few feet away from each other. So, Garrett just goes like, "okay then" and calmly walks up to Wilson and gives him a little baby hug.

Sack!

Had to turn it off after that. That wasn't anything remotely close to football.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett had fun, but no surprise NFC struggled to score in Pro Bowl

image.jpg

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott threw a fourth-quarter touchdown pass as the NFC avoided the first shut out in the history of the Pro Bowl. The AFC won 26-7. Jason Garrett led the NFC coaching staff.

Read Full Story
it was messy and sorry, we know it didn't matter but come on man!!
I like the same offensive play calls from the cowboys that didn't work, sure lets give the OC job to KM so he can continue the bland tradition.
fullback up the middle on 4 and 1, just like his boss SL (SORRY)

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Also, it was raining the whole time, and that was a damned good pass, especially with a slippery ball. Regardless, even for a Pro Bowl, it was a ridiculously effortless game. There's not one play, one throw, or one point that anyone should be taking seriously.
Yes, but this was supposed to be KM's interview or sorts.
Funny how this looked like the 2016 pro-bowl coached by JG..lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it was messy and sorry, we know it didn't matter but come on man!!
I like the same offensive play calls from the cowboys that didn't work, sure lets give the OC job to KM so he can continue the bland tradition.
fullback up the middle on 4 and 1, just like his boss SL (SORRY)

I'm with you man! Zeke lining up at QB, a flea flicker, a fake punt and a WR pass? Yep, pretty much just like the Cowboys normal offense.

sbark

Reaction score
Bahahaha I expected to see a post like this but not from the "mod squad". It's a frickin meaningless pro-bowl game and I didn't even watch it. I did see that we pulled some new, wrinkle plays. Isn't that what all y'all wanted, new stuff? Jeez some fans! :facepalm::laugh:
So then why did the AFC score so much more...…..scheme or coaching motivation?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but this was supposed to be KM's interview or sorts.
Funny how this looked like the 2016 pro-bowl coached by JG..lol

No, this wasn't supposed to be KM's interview of sorts. That was something fans made up. There is no implementing an offensive scheme in just a few days, with limited practice time in the midst of a carnival atmosphere, plus Pro Bowl rules prohibit anything but a few plain vanillas formations, with no shifts or motion. The most that can be done to spice it up is add a few trick plays, which both the NFC and AFC did.

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
So then why did the AFC score so much more...…..scheme or coaching motivation?

*note... it's a meaningless game! Man, who cares? Don't take it so seriously or take a Zanex or something for the stomach ulcers that are bound to happen if you take that game to mean anything

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why am I not shocked that "Cowboys fans" would shrug off yet another embarrassing performance under this coaching staff as "no big deal"?
Come on Stash, you're better than this. The OL wasn't even blocking (literally) the plays were being blown dead at first contact, etc., etc.

This "game" was an exhibition that meant nothing, and the coaches were only there to decide who plays and when. They were having fun and nothing more.