News: ST: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett had fun, but no surprise NFC struggled to score in Pro Bowl

ondaedg

Reaction score
Bahahaha I expected to see a post like this but not from the "mod squad". It's a frickin meaningless pro-bowl game and I didn't even watch it. I did see that we pulled some new, wrinkle plays. Isn't that what all y'all wanted, new stuff? Jeez some fans! :facepalm::laugh:

I disagree 1000%. We had a chance to see how well Moore as an OC could put a system in quickly and get results. We failed at it. Doesn't mean he sucks but he had an opportunity and didn't take advantage of it.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Why am I not shocked that "Cowboys fans" would shrug off yet another embarrassing performance under this coaching staff as "no big deal"?

Cowboys fans at the start of every season under Jason Garrett: "Lol...it's just preseason! You all need to chill. Means absolutely nothing!"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on Stash, you're better than this. The OL wasn't even blocking (literally) the plays were being blown dead at first contact, etc., etc.

This "game" was an exhibition that meant nothing, and the coaches were only there to decide who plays and when. They were having fun and nothing more.

And the AFC and their coaching staff obviously did it far better than Garrett and his staff did.

The man nearly managed to accomplish the first shut out in Pro Bowl history.

You're right, I am "better" than to try to pretend the latest in a long line of embarrassing and disappointing Garrett led performances didn't happen.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree 1000%. We had a chance to see how well Moore as an OC could put a system in quickly and get results. We failed at it. Doesn't mean he sucks but he had an opportunity and didn't take advantage of it.

An offensive system? In a few days? With very limited practice time? In the middle of a carnival? With players who aren't blocking or trying to do anything but have fun and goof around? With rules that prohibit anything but a few plain vanilla formations, and that prohibit motion and shifts?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Because it's a pattern and it pretty much is a foreshadowing of what's to come if we stick with Garrett and Moore. We've heard countless times how preseason didn't matter and how they only had the vanilla plays out there only for preseason to foreshadow what was going to happen during the real season. If not for that Dak touchdown, Garrett would have made history again with an NFC shutout. We've already seen 10 years of the same story.
Yep. I heard it all last year how pre season didn't matter and then they start 3-5. Had a hard time scoring all year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And the AFC and their coaching staff obviously did it far better than Garrett and his staff did.

You're right, I am "better" than to try to pretend the latest in a long line of embarrassing and disappointing Garrett led performances didn't happen.
Watch the OL. That's all you need to do, and you'll see how much coaching even mattered.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It didn't matter to the AFC too but they managed to run up and down the field and score and still have fun.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, the AFC QBs were better at playground ball, and the AFC D-Line put on a pass rush despite the fact the NFC O-Line wasn't trying to block. This was just about which players on the field improvised better. The QBs were calling their own plays, and even making them up as they went. A number of times we heard the QBs literally telling receivers what pattern to run as they walked up to the line of scrimmage. If there had been bare spots on the field they would have been drawing up plays in the dirt.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, the AFC QBs were better at playground ball, and the AFC D-Line put on a pass rush despite the fact the NFC O-Line wasn't trying to block. This was just about which players on the field improvised better. The QBs were calling their own plays, and even making them up as they went. A number of times we heard the QBs literally telling receivers what pattern to run as they walked up to the line of scrimmage. If there had been bare spots on the field they would have been drawing up plays in the dirt.

I'm glad I don't watch it. I don't know why they even insist on having a "game" at this point. Just name the guys who actually deserved it and be done with it, like All-Pro does. No second, third, and fourth choices playing because the guys who earned it don't want to and no more farce of a game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you're basing your opinion on the score, without actually eatcwatc the game?

Yep. It's a results business at the end of the day. And Garrett's results almost got the NFC shut out for the first time in Pro Bowl history.

Why? Did I miss a ton of "almost scores" like we dealt with all season long?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad I don't watch it. I don't know why they even insist on having a "game" at this point. Just name the guys who actually deserved it and be done with it, like All-Pro does. No second, third, and fourth choices playing because the guys who earned it don't want to and no more farce of a game.

This was the first time I watched it in years, and although I knew from whenever the last time was that it really wasn't much of a game anymore, I was surprised yesterday at just how much less of a game it was than I remembered. There were times the refs blew the play dead before the ball carrier was even touched, and ball carriers would often just fall to the ground on their own to avoid contact. Offensive players even played a few defensive snaps and at times the QB would just tell the offense to run the same play as the last one. The play clock was shortened by 10 seconds just to make the game move along.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. It's a results business at the end of the day. And Garrett's results almost got the NFC shut out for the first time in Pro Bowl history.

You missed a bunch of guys who would have left the field if an ice cream truck showed up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Pro Bowl wasn't business for the teams and players involved. It was a vacation with a thrown together game of touch football.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was the first time I watched it in years, and although I knew from whenever the last time was that it really wasn't much of a game anymore, I was surprised yesterday at just how much less of a game it was than I remembered. There were times the refs blew the play dead before the ball carrier was even touched, and ball carriers would often just fall to the ground on their own to avoid contact. Offensive players even played a few defensive snaps and at times the QB would just tell the offense to run the same play as the last one. The play clock was shortened by 10 seconds just to make the game move along.

It's just a sham at this point. A waste of everyone's time. Follow the All-Pro method, just name someone and be done with it.