News: ST: Cowboys feel quarterback Jameill Showers has ability to play in NFL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Heh-heh.
Camp fluff. Showers is not the answer, and we know it.

I don't think anyone is saying he's the "answer". But he has some intriguing traits about him. People write him off because he wasn't drafted and he went to UTEP. Before UTEP though he was playing behind Ryan Tannenhill at Texas A&M. His credentials are about as bad or good(however you look at it) as Kellen Moore's was and he had the backup spot almost handed to him.

I just think its silly to write him off. He wouldn't be the first or last undrafted guy to make it in this league. Surely as a backup.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
He will have a chance to prove it in the pre season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whether it's true or not about Showers being a legit NFL QB, it is probably destined to become clearer in the weeks ahead.

Be this true, or otherwise, simply a fluff article, this stuff is something that's definitely welcome for my old eyes to see. Yes!

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Heh-heh.
Kinda like when we knew Romo wasn't the answer. He is an admittedly long, long shot but he persevered this far. sometimes things happen for a reason maybe all he needs is an opportunity. Personally i can't wait for the first preseason game so i can see with my own eyes.

LittleD

Reaction score
Heh-heh.

That's what a ton of people said about Romo when he was 3rd string. If Parcells and Payton
hadn't seen something he would have been cut long before becoming our Franchise.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm not sure what he is capable of. Evaluating and projecting quarterbacks is exceedingly difficult and only a handful of scouts and coaches are any good at it. 'We' don't know much of ****, really.

Luckily there are plenty of experts on here that are positive. It perplexes me greatly that these knowledgeable scouts and coaches are not working in the NFL?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying he's the "answer". But he has some intriguing traits about him. People write him off because he wasn't drafted and he went to UTEP. Before UTEP though he was playing behind Ryan Tannenhill at Texas A&M. His credentials are about as bad or good(however you look at it) as Kellen Moore's was and he had the backup spot almost handed to him.

I just think its silly to write him off. He wouldn't be the first or last undrafted guy to make it in this league. Surely as a backup.

I kind of do too. He didn't look in over his head last preseason and he's got some mobility which this offense needs IMO.

I wouldn't bet on him but I'm not going to completely dismiss him yet.

Craig

Reaction score
It makes sense. They thought they could win a few games with Weeden and Cassel, so with that judgement, sure Showers can play in the NFL.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Heh-heh.

I dunno. I heard he did a few things in practice and that was some nice deep throws and score. Give the guy a shot, this guy will get first team reps for several weeks.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Then why weren't we grooming him last season on the PS instead of having him play ST and various positions? Smells funny in here...all power to the kid if he outshines Dak or a vet. Shows the org didn't think this last year obviously (basically wasted a year of QB development) and would prefer to tank (or be prepared to move up) for Kaaya if he or Dak aren't the answer if Romo goes down.

erod

Reaction score
Supposedly the guy ate up film in the offseason, and really improved his mechanics. Romo likes him.

We'll see pretty soon.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
In team drills ( not 7 on 7), he skunked it up and went 3 and out.
I'm cheering for him because he's the underdog.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Why condem the kid before he even gets a chance? Geez. This is the time for him to get experience and see what he can do. Perhaps he takes advantage of the opportunity.