News: ST: Cowboys feel quarterback Jameill Showers has ability to play in NFL

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wanted Romo cut after the Raiders game.

He was always awful in the preseason until the year that Parcells wouldn't let Bledsoe play in the preseason.

So doesn't that support the argument that we never really know until we let the guys play?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
By the grace of God Romo made it here. The coaches definitely saw something!
Believe me, bloke, I replay and replay his two career playoff wins as a QB and savor those highlights of his HOF career.

Ahhh here you go again. Some people never learn

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
People thought the same about Romo unless your name was Nors.
You are correct, Bloke. Lucky Romo stayed on to lead us to two career playoff wins! Highlights of his career here. Cherish the man, because I do.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This team has developed one QB in all the years that Jerry has owned the team. And Parcells and Peyton were responsible for that. I don't like the odds.

Let's keep it in this era. We aren't in the campo/gailey/switzer days anymore. Showers could be our 2nd hit in this era. We have to give him a shot the way Romo got one. You never know.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Is Romo a franchise qb yes or no? Nobody said anything about a hall of fame. You want to discredit the man so bad. Did he sleep with your gf or something?
Now the cheap shots from a fan desperate to salvage a HOF career from 2 career playoff wins.
Hips don't lie, but neither do career stats.
But I am sure the mods will counsel you on your insults.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Looked decent last pre-season, I wouldn't count the kid out just yet.

wileedog

Reaction score
I think its hilarious that you can replace Showers with Romo(2003) and these arguments are exactly the same. Fast forward 3 years and they are wearing his jersey.
Except their college careers are not remotely comparable. Romo threw for over 7000 yards over 3 seasons with a well over 60% completion rate and phenomenal YPAs (10 YPA his junior year).

Granted Showers was in Division 1, but his completion rate was well under 60% and his YPAs under 7. He simply was not the same QB that Romo was in college.

The only question about Romo was could he do it against higher competition, not whether the skilllset was there. That is still very much a question with Showers, whose numbers even in college aren't starting NFL material.

I'm not saying Showers will or won't make it, I'm saying pointing at the lottery ticket that was Tony Romo and saying you have another one in Showers makes no sense.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now the cheap shots from a fan desperate to salvage a HOF career from 2 career playoff wins.
Hips don't lie, but neither do career stats.
But I am sure the mods will counsel you on your insults.

Stats don't have to lie, respected HOF players know that Romo is elite but somehow this subsection of our fan base that you reside in, don't seem to be able to grasp that concept. And btw you might wanna take the time to re-read my post, seeing as how I never insulted you. Better luck next time old chap.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Except their college careers are not remotely comparable. Romo threw for over 7000 yards over 3 seasons with a well over 60% completion rate and phenomenal YPAs (10 YPA his junior year).

Granted Showers was in Division 1, but his completion rate was well under 60% and his YPAs under 7. He simply was not the same QB that Romo was in college.

The only question about Romo was could he do it against higher competition, not whether the skilllset was there. That is still very much a question with Showers, whose numbers even in college aren't starting NFL material.

I'm not saying Showers will or won't make it, I'm saying pointing at the lottery ticket that was Tony Romo and saying you have another one in Showers makes no sense.

It seems to have been more than just a question of if Romo could do it at this level when no team even took a late round flyer on him he went completely undrafted. And even from that if Quincy hadnt had drug problems Romo was about to get cut. But hey some guys are late bloomers all I was saying is that we'll never see what we have if we never give the young guys a chance. He could end up being garbage or he could be another gem.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes..

At the same time though the odds aren't good.

I admit it's not. But I'd still rather take a chance and see, while we do actually have a franchise qn in front of him taking the snaps.

Kaiser

Reaction score

I haven't seen anyone say that Showers is another Tony Romo. What me and others are saying is that Showers can't be immediately dismissed as garbage because we have a Pro Bowl QB that come to the team through UDFA also

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Stats don't have to lie, respected HOF players know that Romo is elite but somehow this subsection of our fan base that you reside in, don't seem to be able to grasp that concept. And btw you might wanna take the time to re-read my post, seeing as how I never insulted you. Better luck next time old chap.

I am trying to grasp the concept of an elite future HOFer with two career playoff wins.
As to the insult from the safety of your mom's basement, we shall let the mod on duty decide if Romo sleeping with my gf qualifies as an insult.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
This team has developed one QB in all the years that Jerry has owned the team. And Parcells and Peyton were responsible for that. I don't like the odds.
And exactly how many QBs have Peyton "developed" since Romo? Far as i know he has been riding the Brees wave since he left Dallas.