News: ST: Cowboys feel quarterback Jameill Showers has ability to play in NFL

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying he's the "answer". But he has some intriguing traits about him. People write him off because he wasn't drafted and he went to UTEP. Before UTEP though he was playing behind Ryan Tannenhill at Texas A&M. His credentials are about as bad or good(however you look at it) as Kellen Moore's was and he had the backup spot almost handed to him.

I just think its silly to write him off. He wouldn't be the first or last undrafted guy to make it in this league. Surely as a backup.
Blimey! Your vote of confidence in him is downright chilling, chap!

chicago JK

Reaction score
I liked what I saw in the brief preseason play last year. I thought if he progressed on the practice squad that he would be given a chance to compete for the third QB. His preseason play was so small that it was tough to make an impression though.

I think for all these undrafted and young guys, it is best to bring them along very slowly. Especially with the Dallas Cowboy glare. We may not see another Romo miracle in our lifetimes with finding a undrafted guy and then having that guy be a very good starting QB for 10 plus years. They are pretty rare. Although, I would like to see Showers and Dak developed how we developed Romo. Neither are in all likelihood going to be Romo talents, but take extreme caution in their development. Heck, last year Dustin Vaughn was getting the snaps ahead of Showers. That is a pretty big jump to think he may be one injury away from playing QB for america's team in span of one year.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
I am trying to grasp the concept of an elite future HOFer with two career playoff wins.
As to the insult from the safety of your mom's basement, we shall let the mod on duty decide if Romo sleeping with my gf qualifies as an insult.

You are struggling to grasp the concept of an elite HOFer with two career playoff wins:

Let me introduce you to George Blanda, Joe Namath, Arnie Herber, Bob Waterfield, and Norm Van Brocklin. All are in the HOF, and only won 2 playoff games.

Let me also introduce you to Y. A. Tittle, he is in the HOF, and NEVER won a playoff game.

Will that help you grasp the concept, given that there currently are 5 HOF QB's with 2 playoff wins, and 1 that NEVER won a playoff game???

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You are struggling to grasp the concept of an elite HOFer with two career playoff wins:

Let me introduce you to George Blanda, Joe Namath, Arnie Herber, Bob Waterfield, and Norm Van Brocklin. All are in the HOF, and only won 2 playoff games.

Let me also introduce you to Y. A. Tittle, he is in the HOF, and NEVER won a playoff game.

Will that help you grasp the concept, given that there currently are 5 HOF QB's with 2 playoff wins, and 1 that NEVER won a playoff game???

Did any of Those QBs, going back to the 1940s, ever play for the Cowboys?
I am sure they did because then they would be relevant to my plaint, bloke.
Will Romo get into the Hall of fame? That would be awesome. Will Danny White? That would be the peppermint in my tea, old fellow!
My plaint is continually hopes on a decades-long experiment in great stats, scrambling ability and two career playoff wins as a pro QB.
What other players on other teams do does not concern me.
I just want to see us in a playoff win before our great O line turns gray.
See you at the Romo/White HOF induction.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Did any of Those QBs, going back to the 1940s, ever play for the Cowboys?
I am sure they did because then they would be relevant to my plaint, bloke.
Will Romo get into the Hall of fame? That would be awesome. Will Danny White? That would be the peppermint in my tea, old fellow!
My plaint is continually hopes on a decades-long experiment in great stats, scrambling ability and two career playoff wins as a pro QB.
What other players on other teams do does not concern me.
I just want to see us in a playoff win before our great O line turns gray.
See you at the Romo/White HOF induction.

Never said that Tony Romo will make the HOF. I don't think he will, and don't think he deserves to.

You had stated:
I am trying to grasp the concept of an elite future HOFer with two career playoff wins.

Nowhere did you say anything about a future HOFer with two career playoff wins that is a Dallas Cowboy......

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

All of those first 5 won NFL titles or an AFL title in Blanda's case.. Tittle didn't win any but was in 3 straight NFL Championship games. It was easier to get into the HOF with a QB from back then because there weren't as many playoff games. I think the only HOF QB that didn't have any success was Sonny Jurgensen.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Never said that Tony Romo will make the HOF. I don't think he will, and don't think he deserves to.

You had stated:

Nowhere did you say anything about a future HOFer with two career playoff wins that is a Dallas Cowboy......
Well when you brought up all those QBs I was sure you were making a case for Romo's coronation.
But it sure seems like a petition to get Romo a HOF plaque. It sure seemed like a barrister's brief, mentioning all those other QBs without a championship.
You seem to be walking back your defence of Romo for sainthood...

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Well when you brought up all those QBs I was sure you were making a case for Romo's coronation.
But it sure seems like a petition to get Romo a HOF plaque. It sure seemed like a barrister's brief, mentioning all those other QBs without a championship.
You seem to be walking back your defence of Romo for sainthood...

The point of my post was NEVER to induct Romo into the Hall of Fame..... Only to prove how clueless you really are with your nonsense.....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The point of my post was NEVER to induct Romo into the Hall of Fame..... Only to prove how clueless you really are with your nonsense.....
Then there is a fundamental problem in presenting your thesis.
Better luck next time, old fellow.

plasticman

Reaction score
Cowboys feel quarterback Jameill Showers has ability to play in NFL

.....Marketing damage control....gotta sell those season tickets...

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Then there is a fundamental problem in presenting your thesis.
Better luck next time, old fellow.

No, I knew from the beginning that your ego would never allow you to see the error of your ways. Thus, no problem with my thesis.....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No, I knew from the beginning that your ego would never allow you to see the error of your ways. Thus, no problem with my thesis.....
You failed the logic/coherence section of the SATs, correct?
I can tutor you for a fee, little chap.
Best of luck, Chuck.