News: ST: Elliott benched in fourth quarter after 2nd fumble

NewsBot

Reaction score
LANDOVER, Md. Ezekiel Elliott switched gloves on the sidelines after his second fumble of the day.

The Dallas Cowboys rookie running back never got to break in those gloves, though.

Elliott watched the final 6:56 of the Cowboys’ 27-23 victory on the sidelines. The team went with veteran Alfred Morris down the stretch, as they couldn’t afford Elliott coughing up the ball again.

Elliott made no excuses for his fumbles, and took no satisfaction in having a better encore performance – at least statistically – than his professional debut last week against the Giants.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article102640627.html#storylink=cpy

Click to Continue »

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Yup. These running backs gotta get it going. I hear alot about Morris starting. I'd like him to get more carries too but so far the running backs and o-line have been inconsistent in the running game. Teams are clearly selling out to stop the run. They have to continue to keep using misdirection plays and Dak has to continue to make big throws to open them up.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yup. These running backs gotta get it going. I hear alot about Morris starting. I'd like him to get more carries too but so far the running backs and o-line have been inconsistent in the running game. Teams are clearly selling out to stop the run. They have to continue to keep using misdirection plays and Dak has to continue to make big throws to open them up.

You said it. Teams are going to find out Prescott is no typical rookie and can light them up if they continue to sell out against the run.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
You said it. Teams are going to find out Prescott is no typical rookie and can light them up if they continue to sell out against the run.

Once Dak starts developing as a passer under center teams cannot sell out the run any longer because they don't know whats coming. Right now under center its either a run play or play action. Also i don't know why they wont use the FB more in these run plays.

Shuff

Reaction score
It was the right thing to do, but all this negative Zeke talk is ridiculous. Dude will be great and we should be pretty stoked as we have our future QB and RB and they are rookies! Now, let's fix this Defense and contend for NFC East.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It was the right thing to do, but all this negative Zeke talk is ridiculous. Dude will be great and we should be pretty stoked as we have our future QB and RB and they are rookies! Now, let's fix this Defense and contend for NFC East.

I agree. This anti-Zeke talk is amazing to me. He was light years better today than he was in week one (fumbles aside) and he's only going to get better.

And so is Dak Prescott- and that's scary to the rest of the NFC East!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree. This anti-Zeke talk is amazing to me. He was light years better today than he was in week one (fumbles aside) and he's only going to get better.

And so is Dak Prescott- and that's scary to the rest of the NFC East!

High draft pick at a position that requires an immediate high standard.

We don't have time to wait for production.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Guys that fumble get benched. That it's Zeke doesn't change anything. Next week is a new week.

Side Note: Part of me is glad it happen and that Morris got a chance to score what would be the game-winning TD :)