News: ST: Elliott benched in fourth quarter after 2nd fumble

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wouldn't play the inferior player there. I'd show faith and trust in the guy I just used the 4th overall pick in the draft on.

They still won the game but they did so with a lesser talent in the backfield in a game that went down to the wire. It didn't make any sense to me.

Man you've never coached! Two fumbles in a short time can't happen. He'd carry a football for awhile, too. Sleep, shower and eat with it and better not let someone rob him of it either.

bark

Reaction score
I wouldn't play the inferior player there. I'd show faith and trust in the guy I just used the 4th overall pick in the draft on.

They still won the game but they did so with a lesser talent in the backfield in a game that went down to the wire. It didn't make any sense to me.
Fair enough and agree on the talent level. Maybe it lights a fire under him and it works for the greater good. We need him to be great at some point down the road.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Agreed. I am a big fan. Just seems like there is something not right. The missed pre season could well explain it. That makes the most sense.

I will never understand why our coaches let so many players miss huge chunks of preseason every year. We have to lead the league in missed TC for things like sore muscles.

Ken

Reaction score
Agreed. I am a big fan. Just seems like there is something not right. The missed pre season could well explain it. That makes the most sense.
I said it a couple of weeks ago and got chastised for it. We were treating him like a defending NFl rushing champ instead of a rookie.....not good.

Now we are working through him getting right...

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think he runs with great ball security, just a good punch by Norman.

The real shame is that he just didn't truck that loudmouth.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Has he broken a tackle yet...made a nifty cutback? And the most glaring thing that pops out to me is I don't find him demonstrating the instinct for sunshine...the timing...the elite vision that historically good running backs have.

To be fair, Emmitt Smith didn't show that his first few games either.

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score
Well l am not going to get on him. Expectations were way too high. He certainly needed the TC and it is showing some now. Elliott will be a good Cowboy. Just doesnt need to be "Showcased" so soon. Starting Morris for a game or two would be prudent.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
When does it reach a level where he throws a TD pass? Or is that not being realistic?
I don't care about stats. If you can run the ball in the redzone for a TD then why throw it. Passing TDs will come but the goal is to score TDs. Who cares how we get 7......just get it

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care about stats. If you can run the ball in the redzone for a TD then why throw it. Passing TDs will come but the goal is to score TDs. Who cares how we get 7......just get it

Because it's not sustainable unless you can do both.

The comment was teams will find out Dak is no rookie. He'll gash you with the pass. That's a little much for me right now. I don't think he's capable of gashing anyone right now. Let's hold off until he throws a TD in the NFLat least.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if he fumbled for a 3rd time?

What if Morris fumbled? What if Elliott would have rebounded with a big play to seal the game but instead the Commanders rallied to win?

To me it's about playing your best players.

I don't think there is a coach in the country that would have kept Zeke in after the 2nd fumble.

I do. Some wouldn't, some would. I agree with those that would.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Because it's not sustainable unless you can do both.

The comment was teams will find out Dak is no rookie. He'll gash you with the pass. That's a little much for me right now. I don't think he's capable of gashing anyone right now. Let's hold off until he throws a TD in the NFLat least.
I get your point but Dak had almost 300 yards today. While he didn't have any passing TDs he picked up first downs from passing which opens up the run game more. I get that you hated the pick and even made jokes about him but seriously you have a problem with how Dak has played so far? He has played very well and a huge upgrade from last seasons journeymen QBs we had.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What if Morris fumbled? What if Elliott would have rebounded with a big play to seal the game but instead the Commanders rallied to win?

You would blame the player for not executing.

Not when a rookie just fumbled T-W-I-C-E in the same quarter and you're trying to win a game.

To me it's about playing your best players.

Obviously it's not. Zeke at that time wasn't better than Morris. Not when you're putting the ball on the turf.

I do. Some wouldn't, some would. I agree with those that would.

Again, no coach worth their salt would have put Zeke in the game.

Going overboard would be not playing Zeke next week. But putting a ROOKIE in the game who just fumbled TWICE in the 4TH QUARTER is beyond stupid.

YR

dallasdave

Reaction score
I get your point but Dak had almost 300 yards today. While he didn't have any passing TDs he picked up first downs from passing which opens up the run game more. I get that you hated the pick and even made jokes about him but seriously you have a problem with how Dak has played so far? He has played very well and a huge upgrade from last seasons journeymen QBs we had.
Great Point, Dak is much better than those 2 clowns we had last year (Weeden and Cassel). I think Dak will improve each game and can be a good QB !!!