News: ST: How Taco Charlton rubbed the Cowboys wrong and what he changed to get back on field

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll never understand the distain for the Hotboyz moniker on this site.

Not really different than any other silly nickname given in the past imo...... Brady's boys??....Smash, Dash and Tash???? Lol! Please.
Yeah. They are all embarrassing

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Actually do something before you label yourself as having arrived

"Them" might also be a reason

Fans are tired of cheap talk
Win the SB , then talk
People love cheap talk look at the nice amount of Dak fans that say he's a good guy that says the right stuff. It's just a matter if you like the person or not imo. I think some fans like you are tooooo invested and take fun things and make it more than it is. The funny thing ime is most don't even take things in their own lives this serious as some sports stuff like this.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
As someone who also “Goes Smooth”, it’s exhausting trying to prove to people you care just as much as the guy that won’t shut up, in a work environment.

So much of it is perception. If you’re not a yapper, some people assume you’re disengaged or don’t care.

It is what it is, but I’ve seen so many people that talk a good game but couldn’t put rubber to road when it came time to do the work.

THIS!

conner01

Reaction score

Not really different than any other silly nickname given in the past imo...... Brady's boys??....Smash, Dash and Tash???? Lol! Please.
Sounds like a boy band

conner01

Reaction score
You can measure height, weight, speed, arm strength and just about any physical trait
But you can’t measure heart and desire
That’s the difference in a guy like bill bates becoming a player without the raw talent
And a Ryan leaf flopping with all the talent in the world

Flamma

Reaction score
You may be on to something, I never heard of hotboyz until Cowboys used it, I was expecting something more along these lines...
Doomsday defense
The greatest show on turf
Legion of boom
Steel curtain
It's all about expectations I guess.

Purple people eaters
NY sack exchange (Gang Green)
Fearsome Foursome
Orange Crush
Big Blue Wrecking Crew
Killer B's
Monsters of the Midway.

Yeah, I'd say you're right. Expectations.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score

I understand(but don’t agree with) the disdain and why a certain group doesn’t like it. It’s obvious but it is what it is. We all come from different walks of life.

JustChip

Reaction score
What a joke staff. They only play guys they "like" personally. I thought this was a football team not a miss america contest. Coaches have a problem with what's going aside you pull the KID aside and work with him, not hang him out to dry. This is so evident with this staff. They loved bumdrick so he played. Loved church so he played. Love Ty craw so he plays. They just want yes men. This staff could never have handled real talent like deion, charles haley, and we saw what happened with garrett and TO.

And how do you know they didn't? Maybe they did and he didn't respond so they took the natural and appropriate action of making him inactive. You prove yourself in life AND THEN get the reward.

I wouldn't hold Deion or TO up as successes here. Deion sewed racial discord in the locker room and TO was an absolutely horrible influence on the WR corps here, not to mention the fact that he did so everywhere he went.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And how do you know they didn't? Maybe they did and he didn't respond so they took the natural and appropriate action of making him inactive. You prove yourself in life AND THEN get the reward.

I wouldn't hold Deion or TO up as successes here. Deion sewed racial discord in the locker room and TO was an absolutely horrible influence on the WR corps here, not to mention the fact that he did so everywhere he went.
The track record of the staff shows they like who they like regardless of talent. This staff likes yes men. Anyone with swag or a personality gets thrown out. TO was right. Romo and Witten would have brokeback mountain time together. TO called them out and got released.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Deion didn't do what you said but some are quick to use that as a catch all for anything uncomfortable. Stop it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think it is because you have some older people that don't like rap. I love it for what it is but I know who the hot boyz are and maybe some people don't think its a fearsome enough name like names in the past. Them are the only reasons I can think of for people not liking the names.

I love hip-hop, I just think the name is weak. No Fly Zone. Legion of Boom. Those are good names. Hotboyz? Meh. I'm sure that really instills fear into offenses.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I love hip-hop, I just think the name is weak. No Fly Zone. Legion of Boom. Those are good names. Hotboyz? Meh. I'm sure that really instills fear into offenses.
Well like I said you were in the other category of fans. I didn't miss your type of fans in my post.

visionary

Reaction score
People love cheap talk look at the nice amount of Dak fans that say he's a good guy that says the right stuff. It's just a matter if you like the person or not imo. I think some fans like you are tooooo invested and take fun things and make it more than it is. The funny thing ime is most don't even take things in their own lives this serious as some sports stuff like this.

If you invest time and money in something (as I do in the Cowboys) then you're an idiot if you (not you, but people in general) don't take it seriously . That's how I look at it

These people get paid millions to do a job
Well, do your job

Substance over style

Pretty simple for me

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If you invest time and money in something (as I do in the Cowboys) then you're an idiot if you (not you, but people in general) don't take it seriously . That's how I look at it

These people get paid millions to do a job
Well, do your job

Substance over style

Pretty simple for me
Maybe in your haste you didn't read clearly but you clearly missed a word in my post. Of course you would look at it the way you do because you do that. I don't know many people who do things and don't try to justify it.

I don't use the money logic that reeks of jealous talk. Everybody gets paid to do a job but since athletes control some of yalls emotions too much y'all put too much "do your job" talk when truth is at times we all have slacked off at jobs. The money you get paid doesn't change that fact imo.