News: ST: Jason Witten not a Hall of Famer? Some pundits don't think so

mmohican29

Reaction score
Ridiculous and uninformed haters.

He is a 100% for sure, 1st ballot HOF player...

if he had retired 5 seasons ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By definition, a “pundit” is not only a person who gives opinions to the public, but is also one who is considered an expert or scholar on the topic. Skippy is not. Skippy’s comment about Witten not being one who changed the game is stupid. How many players would that actually apply to? If that were the standard 90% of those in the HOF now wouldn’t qualify. The standard is excellence, and exceeding the normal standards for a player in that position by a significant margin. Exactly what that margin is cannot be defined exactly, but having the second most receptions, yards and TDs in history at his position would unquestionably qualify Witten Well, unquestionable for all but an idiot like Skippy who’s entire carrier is built on seeing how many people are drawn to his particular brand of stupidity.

One of the great moments in TV sports journalism was Jaylon Rose looking up Skippy’s high school basketball information and calling him out on the lies he had always told about his playing days.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I wouldn't put him there. Pretty good player, that's about it. I want dynamic, NFL changing, but my standards are very high.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't put him there. Pretty good player, that's about it. I want dynamic, NFL changing, but my standards are very high.
So you'd have them induct 1 or 2 players every 3 or 4 years?

You're looking at his last few seasons, not his career. And he wasn't a JAG these last few seasons.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely ridiculous. Witten is a first ballot HOFer. He's like 6th all time in catches, including receivers. He has the second best TE numbers of all time.
First ballot. No brainer.
1st ballot is tough but for sure fire hall of famer. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot
1st ballot hall of famer, zero doubts about that
If Witten ain’t first ballot HOF no one is. Man was great. He was a solid blocker and a solid pass catcher exactly what a TE is suppose to be he was an all around player.

I know this won’t happen but it would be cool if Ware and Witten went into the HOF all in the same year. I think Jerry should put Witten and Ware in the ROH this year.

1st ballot is not a guarantee.

To say that Witten is a guaranteed 1st ballot player is to ignore the HOF process and history.

There are only 8 HOF TEs and none were 1st ballot.

Dave Casper 1974-1984 hof 2002
Mike Ditka 1961-1972 hof 1988
John Mackey 1963-1972 hof 1992
Ozzie Newsome 1978-1990 hof 1999
Charlie Sanders 1968-1977 hof 2007
Shannon Sharpe 1990-2003 hof 2011
Jackie Smith 1963-1978 hof 1994
Kellen Winslow 1979-1987 hof 1995

coult44

Reaction score
In my book JW is first ballot. Do I think he will get it on first ballot? Not unless some people who vote pass away before that time comes. No TE has ever gotten in on the first ballot. Not Mike Ditka, not Shannon Sharp, not Ozzie, or not Kellen Winslow. There will always be a first, but it's going to be tough.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Skip Bayless was born an idiot and content to remain so. Witten ought to be first ballot. But there are some goofy voters. The HoF lost its credibility, in my mind, when Howley wasn't inducted. Hard to believe that hasnt happened.

This isn't golf. Team game. I can understand, a bit, why QBs are partially judged by Super Bowls. But players at other positions? Absurd.

CapnB

Reaction score
Everyone will ignore this fact. Weirdos on here bruh. That’s why I said he wasn’t first ballot and was shocked when you thought I was trippin. He’s only better than Shannon sharpe in the eyes of bias fanboys.

Shannon Sharpe was faster, but his all-around game isnt close to Witten. Thats what separates Witten from so many TE's through the years. You can not name one TE who was better at being a complete TE. From Blocking, route running, hands, durability, leader, tough. Ditka is the only one I can think of who comes close.

A lot was faster, just as good with their hands as well. But the all-around game? Nope. Has nothing to do with being a homer/fanboys. And I cant stand the word fanboys. So freaking millennial it makes me sick.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TEs have traditionally had a hard time getting in but that is changing. TEs are more integral to the game. Look at the greatest TE of all time and how long it took him to get in. It took John Mackey until 92 for him to be inducted. And if you didn't see him play then at least watch some youtube.