News: ST: Randy Gregory’s return has Cowboys’ D-line pumped up

NewsBot

Reaction score
FRISCO

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory didn’t record a sack as a rookie and hasn’t played in a game in almost a year. But everyone in the locker room understands the type of talent he possesses and what his return could mean to bolster the pass rush down the stretch.

“Oh, man, he’s been looking real good,” defensive end Tyrone Crawford said. “He’s looking real fast and definitely excited to get him out there against a team [the Detroit Lions on Monday night] that I feel he’ll actually rush good against. I’m excited, man.

“The young bull’s back.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article122312289.html#storylink=cpy

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Solution

Reaction score
I don't know if his rehab will be a long term solution for him, but I'd have to imagine the amount of joy and brotherhood this current team is exuding while winning football games might help him re-evaluate his priorities. Nothing would make me feel worse as a person than letting myself become a disappointment to a locker room full of such incredible players and people. Let's hope he's done letting people down.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Haha nice. That's cool. Obviously he's still been working pretty hard.

Unreliable? Sure. headache? Yup. But the guy has talent, and we can use all the help we can get for the pass rush, especially with DLaw having back issues all year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha nice. That's cool. Obviously he's still been working pretty hard.

Unreliable? Sure. headache? Yup. But the guy has talent, and we can use all the help we can get for the pass rush, especially with DLaw having back issues all year.

True.

He's the top pass-rushing talent to come out over the past two drafts IMO.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I really hope Gregory can stay on the field. I like this boy and he has the talent. Hope he can stop smoking during the season or at least find a way to beat the tests. Its a shame to lose that potential. I hope he makes it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I just hope the notion that the rest of the D-line is "pumped up" due to his return doesn't give Gregory any bad ideas.

gmoney112

Reaction score
True.

Off the top of my head i'd take Beasley but I'm not sure how often he rushes with his hand in the dirt.

Gregory has a ton of talent though. Who even knows what happens with him. Maybe he'll win the appeal and actually play next season. Not counting on it, but a Gregory and Jaylon addition could be possible. I wish I could tell the future

Solution

Reaction score
True.

Could you imagine Irving playing SDE like he did against Tampa with Gregory playing up to his potential at WDE?

Against the bucs I honestly thought that second field goal to go up 6 points was a mistake. Garrett trusted the defense and I'm sure like me, most of our fans would have bet on the offense converting on fourth instead. What a team this would be if we could actually trust our defense to make clutch stops at the end of games going forward.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Could you imagine Irving playing SDE like he did against Tampa with Gregory playing up to his potential at WDE?

Against the bucs I honestly thought that second field goal to go up 6 points was a mistake. Garrett trusted the defense and I'm sure like me, most of our fans would have bet on the offense converting on fourth instead. What a team this would be if we could actually trust our defense to make clutch stops at the end of games going forward.

You mean like trust the defense to hold if we went for it? When your offense is playing that well, and still up 3, you should always take the chance to end the game, imo.

The way this team is built is made for short yardage. If our defense continues to improve, I hope some of these 4th and short turn into no brainer "go for its". Talk about completely demoralizing. Just need the defense to do their part.