News: ST: Randy Gregory’s return has Cowboys’ D-line pumped up

Bluefin

Reaction score
The fact these press statements are so positive makes me think Gregory has been hitting the weight room hard or doing well in whatever limited practices situations they have.

He has.

Following Randy Gregory's return to the team in week two, he has been allowed to lift weights and attend meetings with his teammates. The only restriction place on Gregory while under suspension was not being able to participate in practice or receive on field tutelage from any coaches.

Gregory's on field work was under the direction of the rehab department.

This was a big change under the new CBA.

Under the prior one, suspended players were not allowed any interaction with teammates and could only visit the practice facility to check in with the front office about the suspension. The player had to leave immediately after the meeting.

Who In the current mighty orphans lineup will he be rotating spots with?

Gregory is a pure RDE.

He will rotate with Benson Mayowa.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
FRISCO

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory didn’t record a sack as a rookie and hasn’t played in a game in almost a year. But everyone in the locker room understands the type of talent he possesses and what his return could mean to bolster the pass rush down the stretch.

“Oh, man, he’s been looking real good,” defensive end Tyrone Crawford said. “He’s looking real fast and definitely excited to get him out there against a team [the Detroit Lions on Monday night] that I feel he’ll actually rush good against. I’m excited, man.

“The young bull’s back.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article122312289.html#storylink=cpy

Continue reading...

Nice to read he's got the support of his teammates. He's a good kid with an illness. They seem to get this

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm not expecting anything at all out of Gregory but its great to see these kind of glowing comments from teammates. You would expect after a suspension it would be a lot of neutral generic comments to press about "We are rooting for him, he is a Cowboy and we support all our teammates, blah blah blah".

The fact these press statements are so positive makes me think Gregory has been hitting the weight room hard or doing well in whatever limited practices situations they have.
He's been working out with jaylon Smith. Have you seen the shape that kid is in? I'm not even surprised.

robbieruff

Reaction score
FRISCO

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory didn’t record a sack as a rookie and hasn’t played in a game in almost a year. But everyone in the locker room understands the type of talent he possesses and what his return could mean to bolster the pass rush down the stretch.

“Oh, man, he’s been looking real good,” defensive end Tyrone Crawford said. “He’s looking real fast and definitely excited to get him out there against a team [the Detroit Lions on Monday night] that I feel he’ll actually rush good against. I’m excited, man.

“The young bull’s back.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article122312289.html#storylink=cpy

Continue reading...
@Trouty you called this earlier in the year bro. I am sorry I ever doubted you/him. This could be a piece to the championship run puzzle that we have been hoping for to push his defense to even greater heights. I temper my enthusiasm cuz I am gonna be from Missouri on this dude - need to see it on the field. Nevertheless, he is joining a defensive unit that appears to be coming together at just the right time so he won't be asked to do too much. Fingers crossed that he shows up ready to contribute.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Could you imagine Irving playing SDE like he did against Tampa with Gregory playing up to his potential at WDE?

Against the bucs I honestly thought that second field goal to go up 6 points was a mistake. Garrett trusted the defense and I'm sure like me, most of our fans would have bet on the offense converting on fourth instead. What a team this would be if we could actually trust our defense to make clutch stops at the end of games going forward.
Yeah, this is what I was wondering. Which side he would play on.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I'm excited.

Too bad he probably won't see the field next year, however.

revospeed

Reaction score
What sucks is that he will probably only play 5 more games with us at the most.

kazzd58

Reaction score
NOW YALL coming out... Earlier this Season a lot tried to clown me when i was expecting Gregory to come back and contribute!!
it was on a hand full of us for Randy, most was writing him off .. now look y'all want Gregory now huh?? lolol ight

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
NOW YALL coming out... Earlier this Season a lot tried to clown me when i was expecting Gregory to come back and contribute!!
it was on a hand full of us for Randy, most was writing him off .. now look y'all want Gregory now huh?? lolol ight

Best to gloat when he makes a play 1st.