Recommended Stadium Area Restaurants, Hotels, and Parking

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
FYI they have the new bridges that cross I-30 all opened up now so that should make getting in and out easier for some of you.

i also need to check on Hwy 360, they have been working on it and certain ramps have been closed. i will try to find out whats going on before the first game.

ETex

Reaction score
poke;3511435 said:
FYI they have the new bridges that cross I-30 all opened up now so that should make getting in and out easier for some of you.

i also need to check on Hwy 360, they have been working on it and certain ramps have been closed. i will try to find out whats going on before the first game.

As of last week Division St is still FUBAR :mad:

JessicaMonroe

Reaction score
All of this is super helpful! I'm in Detroit and I've never been to the new stadium but we're planning a trip out there next fall for the Michigan-Bama college football game and hopefully one Cowboys game too. At first I was looking for hotels within walking distance of the stadium but now that I see these shuttle options, we're a bit more open to other lodging. Great stuff! Big thanks!

poke

Reaction score
I had to go in the Pitt Grill (#43 on the map in first post of thread) on Collins St right across from the Stadium today.

Place is very old and not real clean. People working there told me that the Days Inn located right behind them (#6 on list) has some questionable practices regarding parking.

According to them nobody ever tells you that on days of Cowboy games and other special events at the Stadium they charge you an extra $65.00 for parking. This is in addition to jacking up their room rates.

I also read some reviews on TripAdviser after hearing this and it was confirmed by people who had stayed there.

As for the Pitt Grill, well I hate to say negative things because the people working there were extremely friendly but the place could stand an update and a good cleaning. My omelet was good, but I wouldn't recommend the place.

poke

Reaction score
I had mentioned in another thread that downtown Arlington has recently added a few new places to eat and hang out in the area close to Cowboys Stadium.

I would have just added the locations to the map in the first post but until I do that I found this from a city brochure.

http://img687.*************/img687/8227/debrochure2012map.jpg

I have been to the locations marked A,D,F,K,L,M and N to eat. I enjoyed them all. The burger places I really liked and also the pizza place at F. My experience may be clouded by the fact that they served craft beers.

The location marked A, is Babes Chicken, where you are served "family style" (think large bowls of food placed on your table just like home) and its really good.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
poke;4581875 said:
I had mentioned in another thread that downtown Arlington has recently added a few new places to eat and hang out in the area close to Cowboys Stadium.

I would have just added the locations to the map in the first post but until I do that I found this from a city brochure.

http://img687.*************/img687/8227/debrochure2012map.jpg

I have been to the locations marked A,D,F,K,L,M and N to eat. I enjoyed them all. The burger places I really liked and also the pizza place at F. My experience may be clouded by the fact that they served craft beers.

The location marked A, is Babes Chicken, where you are served "family style" (think large bowls of food placed on your table just like home) and its really good.

Thanks for the info!!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I'm here in Dallas for the first time since 1996 (Eagles-Cowboys game when the punter fumbled the snap).

Last night I went to the Cowboys Red River Saloon, which was a BLAST. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes country music and a good time. For lunch today I went to Bone Daddy's for ribs. Wasn't as good as advertised but I still enjoyed it.

Heading over to the stadium now, GO COWBOYS! :)

poke

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
J Gilligans is where we take the shuttle to the game from . Initially it was free if you ate there now $6. It's a great Cowboy venue totally supportive of Cowboys with memorabilia decorating the place. You’ll know when you step inside . And they run a fleet of vans to the game dropoff right across the West main entrance on Collins.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I like Pioneer restaurant east of the stadium on Division not fancy just good

Mad_max

Reaction score
4 Bodacious Bar-B-Que 1206 E. Division is the best barbeque. If you catch it open. I have staggered out of there more than once.

CPanther95

Reaction score
We stayed at:
3 Comfort Suites 411 W. Road to Six Flags Dr
Standard Comfort Suites and clean. Price per night wasn't much more than parking at stadium. (2012)

and had fantastic meals at both of these:
40 Pappasito's Cantina Legendary Tex-Mex 321 W. Road to Six Flags (right next to hotel)
49 Saltgrass Steakhouse 2200 E. Lamar Blvd

Hotel was within walking distance to stadium, and there's absolutely no shortage of tailgaters you can join in if you show up on foot.