Staff Change

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Two times in the past I have tried to step down from the staff and I got talked into staying. Once we even had a Roast and I enjoyed that very much. Yesterday however my resignation was finally accepted. I am stepping down today.

There will be a lot of speculation about this because I am a lightning rod of discussion, not just here but other places. There will be all kinds of theories posited and the huge majority of them will be wrong. I'm not angry at anyone on the Staff. No one has driven me away from this. I just feel after 10 years that I have done enough and I want to be a regular Joe poster again.

This Staff is the greatest bunch of people I have ever worked with. Not just the current Moderators, but Pops and some of the others who put in their time and stepped down for various reasons. I love and respect them all. I have been behind the scenes here for a long time. Please listen to me when I say these people care about you. You may think some of them hate you. It isn't at all true. I am going to miss being a part of their forums and the behind the scenes discussions and ribbing that goes on. I could thank them here one by one, but I am going to refrain from doing that so I can keep this short.

I especially want to thank Reality for the trust he has put in me. I wish you all could get to know him on a personal level as I have. What he provides us here is simply put the greatest fan forum in the world. We don't have the internal issues that other forums do. I don't want to go into why they will never be as successful as this forum is, but they never will be. I do want to say Reality deserves a lot of the credit for why those internal issues do not happen here. He believes I am making a mistake. Maybe I am, but my heart is at peace with this. I left open the door to one day help the Staff again down the road if they need me.

I'm not going anywhere. I will remain a member here and I intend to keep posting. I just won't be doing the job here. If I have a regret in stepping down it is that the threads I was handling in the History Zone and the Calendar items might become outdated. Hopefully someone on the Staff will allow me to PM them the things that needed updating and they keep going. I won't miss having to police the forum. The only bans I ever enjoyed were Spammers and Commanders or Eagles trolls.

I'm really looking forward to using the Ignore feature. Conversely a bunch of people will finally be able to put me on Ignore. Now and then someone announces when they have someone on Ignore. I don't intend to do that. It serves no purpose. But I am going to heed my own advice and use it.

Thanks for all you do in making this place the best Internet fan forum in the world. Go Cowboys.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am very sad about this, but I understand your reasons for this decision. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for everything you have done over the years! It will truly be a different world without you on the staff.

You will be missed!

#reality

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Reality;4612509 said:
You will be missed!

#reality
You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you, for everything. My phone number won't change.

rkell87

Reaction score
I just recently started using the ignore feature, I'm sure this new option for you will make your time here that much more enjoyable, I know it has for me lol.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
:(

Not cool. Let me know any time you want to update the History Zone!

Lodeus

Reaction score
Enjoy some free time and don't get yourself banned! :)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Thanks for everything Hos. IMO, 1st class all the way.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;4612505 said:
I won't miss having to police the forum.

That alone can be exhausting.. I don't blame you for wanting to take a break. Give yourself 3-4 months to take a good breather...

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
So I guess I'll be on your ignore list now. :D

Glad you are staying around as "Joe Poster" but your presence will be greatly missed behind the scenes and keeping this place sane.

God bless you my friend and thanks for all the time and effort you have sacrificed for us over the years. :starspin

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a sad day and I'll say it straight up - I hate this.

Thank you for your dedication and contributions all these years. It will not be the same without you.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Thanks. This site and yourself have given the Cowboys back to me...:starspin

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well this is a little bit of a shocker and I'm disappointed on one level but if you're happy about this then good. You've been a great asset to this and other generations of this forum.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Wow, good luck with all of your free time.
Hopefully other mods will be as willing to change our avatar words as you were.

On your way out could you change mine one last time?
An old Tom Landry quote
"When you want to win a game, you have to teach. When you lose a game, you have to learn."

Thanks man, get the book done.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I hate to hear this hos, you add a lot to the site....I agree that it will be left in the fine hands of the rest of the staff...good luck to you man

wittenacious

Reaction score
I haven't been a member here for very long, as you well know, so I never got the chance others have had to get to know you better as a Moderator, Hos. What I have known of you is that you've been welcoming, helpful, quick to respond to PMs, and generally great-natured on the boards ... willing to engage new posters in threads to help them (me) grow into the CowboysZone family.

Thanks for all you've done to help this site grow to be the best there is, even though I can't possibly know what all that includes. Appears to have been a whole lot, judging by what I've seen and read of your efforts.

I look forward to more of your threads, posts and discussions in the future. You many want to slide back into being a "Regular Joe" poster, Hos, but I don't think that'll ever be the case. I don't pretend to know all of who or what you ARE, but just a Regular Joe you most definitely are NOT.