Staff Change

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Any truth to the rumor that you are stepping down to pursue your longtime dream of being an NFL kicker?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
jswalker1981;4612658 said:
Any truth to the rumor that you are stepping down to pursue your longtime dream of being an NFL kicker?

Now that was a good one! :lmao2:

wittenacious

Reaction score
THUMPER;4612698 said:
Now that was a good one! :lmao2:
Ooooooweee!!! Now ya'll have gone and done it! :laugh2:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I enjoyed battling with the only poster than can sort of handle going head to head with me. Hopefully you wont put me on ignore and we can go debate in the future.

But if Romo brings home some jewelry, I guess we'll finally be on the same page. None the less, is there a way we can bring Nors back? BTW and off the subject, Woodysgirl, who's in the avatar pic?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
panchucko;4612572 said:
Wow, good luck with all of your free time.
Hopefully other mods will be as willing to change our avatar words as you were.
As of now, I'll be the only one doing it. However, I can pretty much guarantee that I won't start up a thread and just offer it up to people. So, it'll be by request only.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I got my hopes up opening this thread thinking it was Cowboys-staff related, that I was going to get some much needed Cowboys news. Now I'm just bummed.

Thanks a lot, Hos.

Just kidding :D

Mr_Bill

Reaction score
Hostile;4612505 said:
Two times in the past I have tried to step down from the staff and I got talked into staying. Once we even had a Roast and I enjoyed that very much. Yesterday however my resignation was finally accepted. I am stepping down today.

There will be a lot of speculation about this because I am a lightning rod of discussion, not just here but other places. There will be all kinds of theories posited and the huge majority of them will be wrong. I'm not angry at anyone on the Staff. No one has driven me away from this. I just feel after 10 years that I have done enough and I want to be a regular Joe poster again.

This Staff is the greatest bunch of people I have ever worked with. Not just the current Moderators, but Pops and some of the others who put in their time and stepped down for various reasons. I love and respect them all. I have been behind the scenes here for a long time. Please listen to me when I say these people care about you. You may think some of them hate you. It isn't at all true. I am going to miss being a part of their forums and the behind the scenes discussions and ribbing that goes on. I could thank them here one by one, but I am going to refrain from doing that so I can keep this short.

I especially want to thank Reality for the trust he has put in me. I wish you all could get to know him on a personal level as I have. What he provides us here is simply put the greatest fan forum in the world. We don't have the internal issues that other forums do. I don't want to go into why they will never be as successful as this forum is, but they never will be. I do want to say Reality deserves a lot of the credit for why those internal issues do not happen here. He believes I am making a mistake. Maybe I am, but my heart is at peace with this. I left open the door to one day help the Staff again down the road if they need me.

I'm not going anywhere. I will remain a member here and I intend to keep posting. I just won't be doing the job here. If I have a regret in stepping down it is that the threads I was handling in the History Zone and the Calendar items might become outdated. Hopefully someone on the Staff will allow me to PM them the things that needed updating and they keep going. I won't miss having to police the forum. The only bans I ever enjoyed were Spammers and Commanders or Eagles trolls.

I'm really looking forward to using the Ignore feature. Conversely a bunch of people will finally be able to put me on Ignore. Now and then someone announces when they have someone on Ignore. I don't intend to do that. It serves no purpose. But I am going to heed my own advice and use it.

Thanks for all you do in making this place the best Internet fan forum in the world. Go Cowboys.

As long as you will continue your good work in posting on a regular basis, this does not upset me at all, and I will continue to follow your posts.

Carry on! :laugh1:

ravidubey

Reaction score
Thanks for doing a thankless job.

It sounds like the door's open for your return if you feel the itch or are needed in a pinch.

brickman

Reaction score
Hos,

Thank you for all the time you put into the Cowboys Zone. You are a class act, and I really appreciate all your hard work.

Brickman

elcowboi

Reaction score
Hostile;4612505 said:
Two times in the past I have tried to step down from the staff and I got talked into staying. Once we even had a Roast and I enjoyed that very much. Yesterday however my resignation was finally accepted. I am stepping down today.

There will be a lot of speculation about this because I am a lightning rod of discussion, not just here but other places. There will be all kinds of theories posited and the huge majority of them will be wrong. I'm not angry at anyone on the Staff. No one has driven me away from this. I just feel after 10 years that I have done enough and I want to be a regular Joe poster again.

This Staff is the greatest bunch of people I have ever worked with. Not just the current Moderators, but Pops and some of the others who put in their time and stepped down for various reasons. I love and respect them all. I have been behind the scenes here for a long time. Please listen to me when I say these people care about you. You may think some of them hate you. It isn't at all true. I am going to miss being a part of their forums and the behind the scenes discussions and ribbing that goes on. I could thank them here one by one, but I am going to refrain from doing that so I can keep this short.

I especially want to thank Reality for the trust he has put in me. I wish you all could get to know him on a personal level as I have. What he provides us here is simply put the greatest fan forum in the world. We don't have the internal issues that other forums do. I don't want to go into why they will never be as successful as this forum is, but they never will be. I do want to say Reality deserves a lot of the credit for why those internal issues do not happen here. He believes I am making a mistake. Maybe I am, but my heart is at peace with this. I left open the door to one day help the Staff again down the road if they need me.

I'm not going anywhere. I will remain a member here and I intend to keep posting. I just won't be doing the job here. If I have a regret in stepping down it is that the threads I was handling in the History Zone and the Calendar items might become outdated. Hopefully someone on the Staff will allow me to PM them the things that needed updating and they keep going. I won't miss having to police the forum. The only bans I ever enjoyed were Spammers and Commanders or Eagles trolls.

I'm really looking forward to using the Ignore feature. Conversely a bunch of people will finally be able to put me on Ignore. Now and then someone announces when they have someone on Ignore. I don't intend to do that. It serves no purpose. But I am going to heed my own advice and use it.

Thanks for all you do in making this place the best Internet fan forum in the world. Go Cowboys.

Aren't you the creator of this site? I wish you the best.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Thanks for putting in all the time and effort into a largely thankless job that I know you caught a ton of grief for, and thanks for putting up with me over the years :D

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score

Alright! A volunteer to be first on Hos' ignore list. :p:

Seriously, thanks for the work. I'm sure a lot of joy and pain went into the job.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Hostile;4612505 said:
If I have a regret in stepping down it is that the threads I was handling in the History Zone and the Calendar items might become outdated. Hopefully someone on the Staff will allow me to PM them the things that needed updating and they keep going.

I'm sure this won't be a problem, or at least I hope not.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Can't say I blame you. I've been a mod on another Cowboys forum, and it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. I'd much rather be just joe poster like you're wanting to be. Less headaches. But I won't forget to thank you for helping me a few times with a few requests and answering all of my silly questions. I appreciate all you've done here.

So, with that.....welcome to club Joe Poster!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Thank you for all the effort Hos.

Thank you for being willing to do a very thankless job that only caused you to have to deal with more and more BS because people knew you couldn't put them on ignore as an Admin.

Hope you do stick around and continue to post on a regular basis and that now that you won't be an admin your time can be even more enjoyable because you'll have the use of that fantastic ignore function.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hos, you have a way of making female posters feel really welcome on a mostly male board, so I'm glad you'll be sticking around. The Zone wouldn't be the same without you.