Stafford at 25-28M and give up the 10 pick?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My point in all of this Daksaga has been if not him, then who is the QB? There weren't other options except a rookie QB until just recently.

I do see these 2 QB's as comparable in talent and the age thing doesn't come into play because I am only talking about the next 4 years.

So, do you favor keeping Prescott at 37.5M AND that 10th pick or trade it to DET for Stafford and save 10-12M on the contract.

The tricky part of this is that the assumption seems to be they would use that 10-12M to help fix the defense but are we so sure of that?

I am also assuming Stafford could be signed for a contract in that neighborhood and that is pure assumption on my part. Everybody's wanting to get paid. And according to reports, there are 10 teams kicking the tires on that trade so I am not sure giving up that 10 pick would get it done.

What's your preference and this isn't another hug or hit Prescott thread, it's just about that trade and the advantages to the team.

I am for taking that deal if they'd do it. Stafford has never had the talent around him like this offense would provide and I've seen one QB with this team and I think I am ready to see another.

The interesting part of this is there just happens to be a coach on this team that faced Stafford twice a year throughout his entire career, I wonder what he thinks about this?
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:This place is great for a laugh.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stafford had the best WR this side of Jerry Rice for years.
The point? Are Montana and Young lesser QB's because they had Rice? I saw Stafford make some great throws to Johnson in double and triple coverage, putting the ball where only he could catch it. Takes two to tango.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Not giving up #10 pick. Get Dak signed hopefully to a fair deal for both parties. Get Oline healthy and fixed, get defensive help and overhaul the running scheme are the things I want to get done.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not giving up #10 pick. Get Dak signed hopefully to a fair deal for both parties. Get Oline healthy and fixed, get defensive help and overhaul the running scheme are the things I want to get done.
You have plenty of company in those things you want to get done and over a very long period of time.

Loso86

Reaction score
My point in all of this Daksaga has been if not him, then who is the QB? There weren't other options except a rookie QB until just recently.

I do see these 2 QB's as comparable in talent and the age thing doesn't come into play because I am only talking about the next 4 years.

So, do you favor keeping Prescott at 37.5M AND that 10th pick or trade it to DET for Stafford and save 10-12M on the contract.

The tricky part of this is that the assumption seems to be they would use that 10-12M to help fix the defense but are we so sure of that?

I am also assuming Stafford could be signed for a contract in that neighborhood and that is pure assumption on my part. Everybody's wanting to get paid. And according to reports, there are 10 teams kicking the tires on that trade so I am not sure giving up that 10 pick would get it done.

What's your preference and this isn't another hug or hit Prescott thread, it's just about that trade and the advantages to the team.

I am for taking that deal if they'd do it. Stafford has never had the talent around him like this offense would provide and I've seen one QB with this team and I think I am ready to see another.

The interesting part of this is there just happens to be a coach on this team that faced Stafford twice a year throughout his entire career, I wonder what he thinks about this?
No thanks

John813

Reaction score
Eh. I would have a hard time giving up the 2nd round pick.

Bradford got a first cause there was a desperate team that thought they were a QB away in July. No reason to overpay now for a beat up qb in his 30s

fivetwos

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Jerry is letting Prescott go is nuts.

He overrated every single player he is buddies with and/or proud of and this is no exception.

Jerry not only sees Aaron Rodgers in him, but one HE found in the 4th round all by himself.

It's more likely he will pay him 50m a year than lose him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
LA Rams have been showing up in the news as a possible suitor. I'd rather play for them than Dallas at this point in time, particularly if I only had a few years left.

InTheZone

Reaction score
do not give up the 10th pick. If Dak is all this then make Det give us their player and picks.

Shane612

Reaction score
The point? Are Montana and Young lesser QB's because they had Rice? I saw Stafford make some great throws to Johnson in double and triple coverage, putting the ball where only he could catch it. Takes two to tango.
No, of course not, but to say that Stafford never had any weapon is a false statement.
Didn't he have a pretty good receiver this past year? In fact they were ranked high as a QB/WR duo this past season.